Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lol at WarnLaser

WarnLaser has adopted a prettier website design recently. Check out their products page - familiar much?

With stuff as stupid as this all a guy can do is laugh. ;D

Yeah, I saw that new site. I was going to make a thread about it but then I thought 'Nah, only idiots would make a thread about something nice with warnlaser'.

But since you're VillageIdiot... well...

Anyway, I think the site looks really good :) Laid out nice, good clean graphics, all round pretty good :) Except for the engrish everywhere :D

I wonder why they copied Wicked though?

They copied wicked because most Chinese companies copy eachother.

Would you call me racist if I said in general, the Chinese are not very creative, as they can improve things but not create in the first place?

spyrorocks said:

Would you call me racist if I said in general, the Chinese are not very creative, as they can improve things but not create in the first place?

No - I wouldn't call you racist - just uninformed. God knows what everyone else will think though - I mean, I was accused of being racist for allegedly calling someone (not even a freaking native of that area - DUH) a coconut eater....I guess anyone can be stupid and call people racists for any reason - but I don't think you are in danger of the R word being flung at you.

Dude - writing that small is kinda silly...it pains these old eyes (undamaged by lasers, thank you very much) but it's hard to figure it out unless you quote you... Bigger is better for typed stuffs for me :)

Wow ! Another SenKat novel when a simple Yes or No woulda sufficed :p Sorry about that:)

spyrorocks said:

he's right, checkout kd and dx...

And their "average rating" is copied from WL. At least, they should have made the copying a little less obvius. Thank god that they haven't copied that stupid talking girl from WL - I hate to hear her talking every time I visit their site (which I don't do very often).

And their Swot series is now called "Swot series GX. Sounds familiar? ::)

spyrorocks said:

It's a cultural difference. In China, being copied is an honor. It's a confirmation that you have a product that's so good it's worth copying. That attitude is a problem for companies who outsource in China, you have to be very clear when it comes to intellectual property.

VW

I love it! Pure genius...

Is it just me or are the specs for the Swot "BX" a little ambitious?

Oh god... they have 532nm listed as the wavelength for EVERY laser, despite its colour.

On the side they have '6mw - 100mW' under blue lasers menu. Come on, not even close to 100mW...

Even the beam specs are the same for every laser...

*sigh*

Switch

LazerGuy said:
And their "average rating" is copied from WL. At least, they should have made the copying a little less obvius. Thank god that they haven't copied that stupid talking girl from WL - I hate to hear her talking every time I visit their site (which I don't do very often).

And their Swot series is now called "Swot series GX. Sounds familiar? ::)

I hate her too.But they don't have that because it costs thousands to get that WL betch to speak for you that much from LiveFaceOnWeb or whatever it's called. :p

lol. nice work VillageIdiot on changing an old post on the warnlaser review.

i saw i had a post on there as well from 4-20 and edited it to display something more informational

EDIT: check out the [link=http://www.warnlaser.com/faqs]faq page[/link]

"
Q: Where are your lasers shipped from? Top

Our lasers are shipped directly from our facilities in Shanghai, China.

Q: Where are your lasers shipped from? Top

To make a purchase, please follow the simple instructions below:
1. Choose the desired model and power output.
2. Type the desired quantity into the Quantity field box located in the Products page.
3. Click on the Add to Cart button
"

vcw

Speaking of WarnLasers coping WickedLasers, here's an interesting chat I did with them:
me: Did WarnLasers use some things from WickedLasers?
2:30 AM Zachary: no, we are not at all related.
2:31 AM me: o, nvm
2:32 AM The stars from the average rating pictures are the same as from Wicked Lasers
 The picture name of the stars are the same too, :\

8 minutes

2:41 AM Zachary: hehe, I don't know that part of it.
 What i meant was, our lasers are not wicked lasers lasers.
2:42 AM We may have borrowed the stars from them, but as far as I know, they are not copyrighted are they?

What I ment by picture name of the stars is the file name, when you right click and press properties of the picture.

rerax everyone and reave the copycats arone. at reast all the sites offer rive herp.

SenKat_Stonetek said:
[quote author=spyrorocks link=1213494658/0#2 date=1213496157]They copied wicked because most Chinese companies copy eachother.

No - I wouldn't call you racist - just uninformed. God knows what everyone else will think though - I mean, I was accused of being racist for allegedly calling someone (not even a freaking native of that area - DUH) a coconut eater....I guess anyone can be stupid and call people racists for any reason - but I don't think you are in danger of the R word being flung at you.  

Dude - writing that small is kinda silly...it pains these old eyes (undamaged by lasers, thank you very much) but it's hard to figure it out unless you quote you...  Bigger is better for typed stuffs for me :)

Wow !  Another SenKat novel when a simple Yes or No woulda sufficed :p  Sorry about that:)[/quote]

Funny I quite agree with everyone on this one.

1) If you are copied, it means you have come up with a brilliant idea, and it is a way of a traditional confucian society of saying well done.
 Same happens here in Korea. People copy each other or modify an idea because they think.. ah nice idea. Then the idea becomes a viral concept in the population.

2)  Creativity is generally suppressed because it is not the way of the education system here.
    This is gradually changing.  IT IS DOWNRIGHT FRUSTRATING AT TIMES!!  My students are very very creative btw!  

3)  Chinese and Koreans are very creative people. It is just that there is a status level attached to money. If the idea makes one wealthy you can gain social status by it so, then they copy it... problem .. if people copy an idea too much they destroy each others businesses. It happens here with Hagwons (academies).  If one person opens a Hagwon, 20 other people will copy it and open beside the original business and try and outdo each other.   ( put your western ethics aside.. it doesn't compute here!!!)

Both Korea and China are developing economies... Korea is further ahead but still struggling, China is MUCH further behind!!  

I hope this explains the mystery to you.   ;)

I have asked many times to people here about copy-catting..  

( Same same but different)

Things

Kinda suspicious.....

You have wicked lasers, then you got tech lasers....

/me is starting to think wicked has found another free name.....