Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

List of Laser Diodes - 06/02/2021

How many people here can you say have run their diode at 900mW for 1000 hours? This is coincided short operating life but lets start at that for confirmation. But if you pay attention to the list, you'll see that it has two columns for power rating and identification so we don't have to omit anything. Just enter the data in the correct column.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Ok, so the table has been updated since looked at last. Fine last point answered. Just leave it as a blank cell for power then. I would like to know the difference between having the Voltage and Current specs listed as they are if the power had to have a separate column. They are community figures too. Still think it would be easier just to format diodes without a spec sheet in a different way.

Those could be separate, but it should be obvious if the power and identification is community based, then I and V are too. If the real data sheet appears, then those can be adjusted.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Don't have to make everything separate. If you don't want to leave room for error. Then just make the community diodes italic. It would be far easier than having separate columns for everything. Someone quickly browsing may not come to that conclusion.

I and V are not separate for the reason stated above.
Having power and identification separate is still useful. If we get the official specs and part number, it's not like we should forget what we called it before and can push it too, even if it means shorter life.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I and V are not separate for the reason stated above.
Having power and identification separate is still useful. If we get the official specs and part number, it's not like we should forget what we called it before and can push it too, even if it means shorter life.
That is fine, that part I agree on.

gazer101

Does anybody know the actual name of those 593nm laser diodes used in the spartan from dragonlaser?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
They are 808nm pumped Nd:YVO4 lasing at both 1064 and 1342nm then SFM to 593.5nm. Not diode technology.

Just to make things very clear; DPSS lasers do have a laser diode, it's that the first D means, but the technology is not a laser diode in the context of this list. Whoever added the 560nm (no data???) and 589nm should remove them.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Of course. Like you said. Stands for diode pumped solid state. It will be hard to determine in most DPSS systems the generic 808nm pump used and pretty pointless imo. Definitely need to differentiate between semiconductors and technology that uses them.