Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lil 405

Hi,

My little bluray, PHR-803 diode
Driver is a small boost from Odicforce (£4.30) set at 95ma
Host is a £0.99 from Zeebay (4" x 7/8")
Runing off 1 3.7V CR123a

The heatsink is a direct press with a 3 element lens.

For a low power / low cost laser, I love the fuzzy, sparkly glow it gives.

ATB
MM
img7637p.jpg

img7643tt.jpg

Last edited:

Blord

Somehow your host reminds me of Frankenstein. Maybe the bolts on the side ? :)

Nice and clean build !

Somehow your host reminds me of Frankenstein. Maybe the bolts on the side ? :)
Nice and clean build !

LOL. :beer:
The host is a real cheapy, the original LEDs were just a press fit, so there is no step or threads to fix in the new heat sink, so as you say, in true Frankenstein fashion...... bolts to hold the new head on:D
ATB
MM

ped

Great little laser.

I had one of those multi LED torch hosts as well.

Never did anything with it :/

+1 on your build.

AnthoT

Wow! Kudos to you for managing to put a build in one of those hosts :beer: those are a PITA to make a laser but you managed to do it & make it look awesome :D

+rep to you :) ( you must spread rep blalblabla) sorry man...

Last edited:
That host and beam shot look really nice, makes me think of a TARDIS :p thanks for sharing.

Hi,

Here is a couple of "guts" shots.
The driver housing is made from delrin and had a piece of PCB pressed in the back end for the +ve battery contact.
The housing was cut 3/4 of its length from either end, 90 degrees apart to give it some spring, this stops it sliding about inside the host.
The driver is 'stuffed' into the front recess and the end of the pcb closest to the diode covered with a small piece of insulation tape to prevent it shorting on the heat sink.

ATB
MM
img7644mg.jpg

img7645y.jpg

Last edited:
Nice build man,

I also would like to add that these hosts as cheap as they are - have one of the sturdiest tail cap clickies ever to find in most Chinese flashlights.

It can take much more current than those C6 or similar clickies with the little spring inside that melts from excess current. These guys can handle lots of current more than 4A, I believe. I use one on my PHAT-54 Direct Drive RED LED Flashlight. I have tried lots of clickies - THEY ALL FAILED. But this one has been on duty for almost a year now. And still lives. :D Very nice tailcaps. At least on mine.

wow, those are some nice shots, if you dont mind me asking, what camera did you use? I'm on the hunt for a good camera, the built in one on my blackberry is soo rubbish

This one is the newer version of my camera
Argos no. 559/4944
Make sure you get a camera with full manual control / shutter priority / aperture priority.

hmm, that is a little over my budget. out of the 2 links though, which would you say i get?

hmm, that is a little over my budget. out of the 2 links though, which would you say i get?

Not sure,
Always best to get a model with full maunal modes.
The small compacts have "scene modes" which may not cope with laser shots too well????
Here is the number 1 digitalcamer site, best do a bit of research here before parting with any cash.
Digital Photography Review