Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

'Lightsabers' - 1.3w 445nm video

I question your safety..

1.Pointing it out of a car window
2.Eye wear

Otherwise nice video :beer:

ATEspo

I question your safety..

1.Pointing it out of a car window
2.Eye wear

Otherwise nice video :beer:

We were parked and aiming it onto a hillside behind the house and yes, I need to pickup some glasses.

Thank you!

What was that white car that went by at 0:16?
There's a lot of traffic behind your house.

ATEspo

What was that white car that went by at 0:16?
There's a lot of traffic behind your house.

I know how to use these lasers, when to turn them on, there is NO danger in the video, you can clearly see he waited for the car to pass to turn it on.

rhd

Pointing that laser at your car window while sitting there, regardless of cars driving by outside, is pretty stupid.

First of all, you've got a mirror 10 inches away outside. Second, there were raindrops on your window. Who knows how the combination of glass, rain drops, and a mirror could have redirected or reflected the beam...? Perhaps at a pedestrian 100 feet away, that you couldn't see at night. Perhaps back into your eye.

ATEspo

Thank you everyone for your concerns about my safety, but I am not a rookie with lasers, I know how to use them and when NOT to use them, although we SHOULD have eyewear on.

The window was down, no reflection, he knew the mirror was there and did not put it near the mirror, and there was no one walking around, it was 10*f and snowing at 1am.

Please folks use best judgment in laser handling... reflecting on snow at close range with no goggles... :tsk: -GH

Please folks use best judgment in laser handling... reflecting on snow at close range with no goggles... :tsk: -GH

Yeah, that was pretty dangerous. If you're shining at anything close-range, EVEN outdoors, you have to wear goggles.

And buying a one watt+ blue WITHOUT GOGGLES? What the hell were you thinking?

These videos are the type of thing that will get a bad reputation for laser safety.

You should not promote pointing at the ground covered with Snow and mainly Ice with no safety Goggles on. Please when you make a video make it as safe as possible..... so that anyone copying it in the future wont hit a chunk of ice and shot a 1.2W reflection right into there eye and burn a nice black spot in there eye. Also you should of got out of the car (also wearing goggles)to take the shot also in the idea of promoting safety....... shotting a laser out the window of a car once again can be intimated by someone even more dumb than you and there in a moving car.
We want to help the future of the hobby and not end it.

These videos are the type of thing that will get a bad reputation for laser safety.

You should not promote pointing at the ground covered with Snow and mainly Ice with no safety Goggles on. Please when you make a video make it as safe as possible..... so that anyone copying it in the future wont hit a chunk of ice and shot a 1.2W reflection right into there eye and burn a nice black spot in there eye. Also you should of got out of the car (also wearing goggles)to take the shot also in the idea of promoting safety....... shotting a laser out the window of a car once again can be intimated by someone even more dumb than you and there in a moving car.
We want to help the future of the hobby and not end it.

Agreed, as is this hobby is on shaky ground already with all the neg press about lasers and aircraft. Plus I just can't see how anyone could be so careless, swinging around such a powerful " weapon " without so much as safety glasses or being in a much more controlled area!

rvrh3

I cant imagine starring at the dot on the [White] snow from such close range. Even lighting a cigarette without goggles would seem like i would do some damage. I own one of these and I wont use it indoors unless I have a safe "laser dump"...when I did look a the dot on the wall cross the room I saw a greenish dot in front of me for a few hours after that.

I cant imagine starring at the dot on the [White] snow from such close range. Even lighting a cigarette without goggles would seem like i would do some damage. I own one of these and I wont use it indoors unless I have a safe "laser dump"...when I did look a the dot on the wall cross the room I saw a greenish dot in front of me for a few hours after that.

+1 for your common sense my Friend.

This was dangerous to promote to others. Even if ATEspo Felt safe at the time. We want the laser hobby to be allowed and not banned and showing people to point at snow/ice at close range with out goggles and out of a car window towards a lane with traffic in it is Dangerious and not safe to "promote". (it's in the path of where cars Could be and we should never promote you pointing a laser out a car even if the car is turned off. just for the idiots out there sake) He was Just super excited to make a video with his new Laser.

I think ATEspo got the point with everyone even the one who sold it to him saying that this was unsafe to promote that activity in a video on youtube. We aren't trying to attack you ATEspo we just want to keep our hobby around as long as possible. :D

Other than that my friend ATEspo That was a nice video you made and I like the music as well. We just wanted you to be safer and promoting more safety in it is all. We care about you is why

Last edited:

rvrh3

Thank you! I just want to keep it safe so I can enjoy this hobby for longer.