Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Light in the sky

Denson

Hey guys/girls, sorry i have not been on lately.

but a few nights ago me and my girlfriend and a few friends were walking down the street at around 11pm est time, and we looked up and seen a perfect circle light way high up, i looked for blinking lights and didnt see none, i knew for a fact it was not a plane, i shined my 150mw 532nm laser by it and all of a sudden it started to go across the sky and start going up, the light on it got really dim then just dissapeared, it was the craziest thing i ever seen in my life, thank god i had my laser though to point it out to my girlfriend and my friends..

Lol, I've had people cross beams with me when shining up into the sky(let the crude jokes commence:na:).

Do you think it was a some kind of UFO? :O

:thinking:

I've seen some weird stuff in the skies too before. I never thought (or had the balls) to shine a laser up at it though. You're lucky they didn't open up on you with their proton torpedos. :D

What if it was a police helicopter with a broken tail rotor?

DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!

Ufos are distinctly different in most cases common sense should be able to tell them apart after careful observation, espically with binoculars. When something shoots across the sky in seconds it's either a ballon that's near with a light on it or something else.... I wonder if it was someone with a 445 and GITD painted ballon. hmmmm...... that would be interesting.
As for shinning on it ...use your judgement. If you even suspect it's even a 0.1% of it being a manned aerial thing don't shine it.

But yea never cross the streams....it could rip a hole in the space and time countium.

How come it's OK to shine a laser at an alien spacecraft but not at an airplane?

Denson

i am 100% gaurenteed that it was not any police helicopter or plane, thats why, i didnt shine right at it, and i shined probaly a mile away from it, but in the sky it looks like 15 ft lol, after that night i do believe there is something else in space lol, but it was very different.

What color was it .......(the circle)

Could it have been like a one watt spiro hitting the clouds

What color was it .......(the circle)

Could it have been like a one watt spiro hitting the clouds

Last edited:
I have seen some strange objects in the sky here. Some of them moving way faster than any commercial plane or jet. No noise either... I have friends and relatives who have wittnessed some of them and turned from skeptical to... WOW! Never have I pointed a laser at one... thought about but figured it would be a bad idea if it turned out to be a secret military vehicle or an actual plane lol.

I saw the same thing the same night!!! I was outside with a telescope looking at saturn and looked at the sky and saw a bright flash.