Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lifetime17 built 1w Oclaro 635nm in red 501b. Large price drop. $80 shipped.

I am selling three of my lasers because i want to save up for a nice Camera. i also live 1 mile from a commercial airport so its just not worth it to shine lasers around in the sky.

1) Sanwu Lasers Challenger II 4W 470nm laser. other then the finicky multimode switch it work fine and the output is insane. it has a 3 element lens installed. two 18350 or two 18650
Price is only (SOLD) shipped with in the united states.

IMG_20181025_222755 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

2) This is a cool custom build from lifetime17 . A 900mw 635nm laser in a red 501b host with an adapter for the expander. "I have decided to keep the beam expander" as they can be hard to come by. for photos see page 50 on his sales thread. Two 18350. Dropped the price to account for retracting the Beam expander.
Price is $100 price drop to $80 shipped within the states

IMG_20181025_222659 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

3) (SOLD)This project was a nightmare for me and lifetime17. Its an Arcane 2.0 that i had Lifetime17 put a 1.4w 520nm diode in. Long story short there was a lot if issues with the host itself and i had to ship it back to him a few times to keep getting it fixed. The final time i got it back to me the shipping caused the damn diode window to break. The laser functions and is basically full power but as you turn the laser with it on you can clearly see the diode window is lose. the tail cap threads were fixed and the button was fixed so the host is great now. I am selling as is. No clue what to mark the price at so ill just go $150(SOLD) and see what happens. I just cant bring myself to have the diode replaced. to expensive. I hate how fragile these diodes are two 18350
IMG_20181025_222635 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Last edited:

Man, it would be extremely difficult to break the diode window in shipping. Your only option if you don't want to replace the diode is to decan it. You can do that with a small jeweler's screwdriver while it is in the host and press against the can using the side of the module for leverage. No one is going to want a diode with a broken window in it. I still don't know how that could happen in shipping, though.

Man, it would be extremely difficult to break the diode window in shipping. Your only option if you don't want to replace the diode is to decan it. You can do that with a small jeweler's screwdriver while it is in the host and press against the can using the side of the module for leverage. No one is going to want a diode with a broken window in it. I still don't know how that could happen in shipping, though.
That's what I was thinking. But when it left him it was fine and when I took it out of the box it was broken. Guess I was just that unlucky.

Even if the box were destroyed, the diode is covered by the module and the lens housing. Maybe if the lens were screwed in so far that it hit the window, but that wouldn't happen in shipping.

Even if the box were destroyed, the diode is covered by the module and the lens housing. Maybe if the lens were screwed in so far that it hit the window, but that wouldn't happen in shipping.
I guess we will know know exactly. I don't know how else it would have broke.

It's too bad you had to send it through the mail so many times. If you don't know, I sure don't either.

Hi,
Ok there were many issues with this host as stated here. As for the diode window the diode was sent to me and that was no problem installing it. So basically the diode must have come from the manufacture that way . It came from DTR direct to me solder two wires and set in the sink. When it was sent back all was in perfect working condition and as always packed very well as I pack all my shipments. My work station has two silicone mats on a grounded ESD mat, so there are no issues with ESD or any other problems.

Rich:)

Hi,
Ok there were many issues with this host as stated here. As for the diode window the diode was sent to me and that was no problem installing it. So basically the diode must have come from the manufacture that way . It came from DTR direct to me solder two wires and set in the sink. When it was sent back all was in perfect working condition and as always packed very well as I pack all my shipments. My work station has two silicone mats on a grounded ESD mat, so there are no issues with ESD or any other problems.

Probably the most likely reason. Maybe the diode window was lose but not lose enough to notice and the constant shipping back and forth and constant tweaking lossened it to the point of being noticable. I don't blame anyone. The way I look at it is shit happens. When using these diodes for applications there not intended for you have to accept there is a risk. Just sucks it had to be the most expense diode.

Reactions: GSS
That's too bad. It basically makes the last person to have it left holding the bag. I press my diodes myself, so if there is an issue like this, it is more likely I will see it. Sorry for your loss, Alex.

GSS

That's too bad. It basically makes the last person to have it left holding the bag. I press my diodes myself, so if there is an issue like this, it is more likely I will see it. Sorry for your loss, Alex.
We do see alot of threads were the window falls in with no reason what's so ever.
Some newer members said they tried to clean it and pushed to hard and others for no reason. Even well packaged boxes are prone as we have all seen vid's of postal workers throwing them around like a football.
I think most window failures when not touched happen to be mostly high output diodes. So the heat has to play in why.
Doe's anyone know just how these window's are glued in??

Alex is also taking it like it is and understands these things happen;)

Last edited:
Hi,
As I said before the 520 came to me already pressed in and driver soldered the acrylic lens stays in the module till I insert it into the sink.
So there was no telling if the window was defective or not. My builds are treated with utmost care ,I even repaired the threads at no charge to the customer. When the repair left here it was in perfect working order 100%.. So basically its no fault on my part .. I can't tell what goes on when they leave my shop .. Have a great day folks at LPF.
This repair was done months ago and this is the first time I heard of the window being faulty the customer never said anything till now .

Last edited:
Hi,
As I said before the 520 came to me already pressed in and driver soldered the acrylic lens stays in the module till I insert it into the sink.
So there was no telling if the window was defective or not. My builds are treated with utmost care ,I even repaired the threads at no charge to the customer. When the repair left here it was in perfect working order 100%.. So basically its no fault on my part .. I can't tell what goes on when they leave my shop .. Have a great day folks at LPF.
This repair was done months ago and this is the first time I heard of the window being faulty the customer never said anything till now .

No worry's Rich. I knew these doides don't have warrantys so I knew nothing could be done so I just decided to sell as is.

Sent PM,
As you know I am very fussy how I build for a customer, Thank you Alex for understanding I don't rush through builds thats a recipe for disaster.

I have yet to receive a diode with a loose window in it. I doubt it is a common issue or I would have seen one by now. Many, many diodes over the years, all mailed to me, and not one loose window, ever. I think these windows come loose from physical pressure on them, but that is just my best guess. I would be surprised to learn they are glued in place......I doubt that is how they are attached. I would have to decan a defective one to find out how these windows are attached to the can.