Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lenses from a projector TV

I scored three lenses from an old TV and the fresnel screen lens. The lenses are biconvex and flatter on one side. Much like a human eye lens. Anyone interested?

The screen lens cracked, so it still has 24"by 36" of usable area

How many inches diameter biconvex lenses, are the plastic or glass? I can find 4 inch plastic out of an old TV projector, but so far, never glass.

How much do you want for all the lenses? I've always wanted to play around with a fresnel lens

Edit: I'm interested, of course only if Alaskan passes up on them

Last edited:
Go for them Cali! Are they coated? If yes, I'm interested, if not, Cali is welcome to make a deal you can't refuse :p

If anyone knows where to find some large diameter, 3 inch or larger, VIS coated PCX lenses for a good price (surplus) please contact me.

Last edited:
I have 2 of these glass lenses as well. (Didn't save the Fresnel) If trussmonkey25 gets rid of all his and someone wants more I need to fund the XPL RG:Y diodes if we do that single mode group buy. I'd match any offer. I'm by no means greedy and this would require trussmonkey25's approval only after he acknowledged he has gotten rid of all his. I will also add these came out of a hitachi rear projection TV for anyone hunting.

Last edited:
Go for them Cali! Are they coated? If yes, I'm interested, if not, Cali is welcome to make a deal you can't refuse :p

Thanks buddy! I have 12 BDR-209s that I have been planning to do put together for some time. I've got the diodes/sleds but no spare time right now:cryyy:. I've been wanting to grab a mix of lenses to try to learn hands on and have some fun at the same time.

Those look nice and with a very slight curve on one side ought to work for just about anything we need, if using it for a BE put the more pronounced curved side towards the diode. Although sometimes I use them the other way around. I'd pay 20 dollars for one of those lenses, but 30 is too much for my interest, if you want 30 for them and Cali doesn't snap them up, I'd try listing on ebay as 4 inch Diameter Glass Biconvex Lenses. I will give him first shot at them, since they aren't coated.

Last edited: