Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lens spring

Just recieved an order of brass 3.8 and 5.6mm modules from eBay seller exisitotem. The 3.8's were normal but the 5.6's have a shorter, stronger lens spring. There things are great! Way tighter than the old version. The lens is tighter and easier to focus. It's like having the external spring. I ordered thier 10pc. 5.6mm brass module pack for $15.
-Danny

OVNI

Just recieved an order of brass 3.8 and 5.6mm modules from eBay seller exisitotem. The 3.8's were normal but the 5.6's have a shorter, stronger lens spring. There things are great! Way tighter than the old version. The lens is tighter and easier to focus. It's like having the external spring. I ordered thier 10pc. 5.6mm brass module pack for $15.
-Danny

I'm always on the lookout for good internal and external springs. Did you mean to type existotem? Unfortunately I didn't see any springs for sale by themselves.

I'm always on the lookout for good internal and external springs. Did you mean to type existotem? Unfortunately I didn't see any springs for sale by themselves.

They came in a 10 pack of modules for $15 and yes that's them.
To me it's worth it to order the modules for the springs. I just got lucky, maybe you could messege them? They usually reply to my messeged promptly
-Danny

Pman

Do you have the direct link?
Noticed they have a good price on the bdr-209 sleds.

Hi Pman,
Just type 331706722431 into ebays search engine.
If you're after the springs, May want to messege them and let them know you want these springs.

Hi Pman,
I put a pic of the springs in my signature below. The shorter one is the new one and is imo 4-5 times as strong as the normal one. It's pretty stout.
Danny

I make my own from scavenged springs and when I went to home depot hoping for parts trays I only found a multi spring blister pack with 200 various mics springs. :yabbmad:

But I found some and I cut down and reshape the ends for externals, I wont pay what ever that crazy price was I saw at survival, I love their safety glasses and don't mind paying for quality eye protection regardless of the markup, but 10 dollar lens adjusters and .....what was it 5 for 20 dollars? 4 dollar a piece little springs.....no, I make my own.

Search on ebay and buy a 1000 pack in a plastic assortment tray for 20 dollars, not 5 little springs, sorry but that's just not going to happen.

>>>>>LOOK HERE<<<<<

------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Pman

Harbor Freight has even cheaper spring packs. Most of the time I don't like how little tension the ones that come with the standard diode modules have. I can't stand wobbly focus knob and battery rattle. I have to admit I don't understand why those spring prices are so high when I can buy lenses for that much.
I must be missing something as I don't see that spring pic V. You don't have the original link to the modules?

Last edited:
I know this is a little off topic, but I gave up on those nickel plated brass modules in favor of the copper ones. I found the cheaper ones didn't transfer heat nearly as well.

Yeah, I was having trouble trying to push some LPC-840s in brass modules and found they could be pushed harder in copper.

Harbor Freight has even cheaper spring packs. Most of the time I don't like how little tension the ones that come with the standard diode modules have. I can't stand wobbly focus knob and battery rattle. I have to admit I don't understand why those spring prices are so high when I can buy lenses for that much.
I must be missing something as I don't see that spring pic V. You don't have the original link to the modules?

Hi P,
I put the pic back in my signature below, type the # I posted above into an eBay search engine. Don't know how to link on this phone
-Danny