Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lens help!!

J

jenner6989

so i built a little red laser from scratch at my house. works great! burns lots of shit. but i have a stock aixiz lens that came with it. can i get a diff one that will increase the burning factor? or just plain make it better. or should i just stay with the one i have? and i baught a blue-ray from someone who made it at home and it is in an aixiz housing with a stock lens.How can i get the most out of both? what should i do? im new. help!!!!!!!!

jenner6989;

First, you have to determine which lens you have in both lasers.

If the lens housing is plastic, then the lens itself is made of plastic.

The first lens upgrade for the Red is an Aixiz glass lens assembly with a brass housing.

It will provide a nice 10% power increase for the Red laser for ~ $10 (including pkg. & shipping).

Some of the newest of them have a yellow AR (Anti-Reflective) coating which is broadband...
and will even add a few % increase for the BluRay laser.

Mid-Range lenses for the BluRay laser will add about 10 to 15% power for about $20 to $25.

Top of the line, are short FL lenses with close-tolerance threads.

They will add about 30% power to the BluRay for a little over $50 with shipping.

Laser enthusiasts on this board, of course, like them,
since they are state-of-the-art for Blu-Ray high power 6X & 8x diodes.

Flaminpyro tested five lens assemblies in this 8/02/09 thread :
Link - Five Lens Assembly Comparison Test

Welcome to the board, and protect your eyes with goggles.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
Well...........um. Yeah, Larry done beat me to it :D

Don't forget to use the forums search feature, some common topics have been beaten to death in the past, all you have to do is read up. (Speaking from experience on said topic)

Last edited: