Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"legit" companies with free shipping

By legit, I don't mean the companies that aren't fakes. I mean the ones with the IR filters, the FDA approvals, and the Key locks. Nothing like dinodirect or dealextreme, because honestly I don't want the risk, and with those prices, I don't know if I can trust the quality. Can I? If I can', tell me here.

But wickedlasers charges 20 bucks to ship. Thats too much for me, because with that I could buy a 10mw stronger laser. Do any of them have free shipping?

You're not gonna really find any companies with free shipping. If they offer free shipping, they'll recoup that cost somewhere else more than likely, because they'll still have to pay for the shipping. If you're buying under $100 or so, you're not likely to get free shipping without them inflating the price of the laser.

damn greg...swore I saw an FDA approved somewhere on WL

You did, as they claim that they are complaint. I did a little digging on the topic, and it's pretty complicated. Others may have looked into this in more detail and could give a more accurate picture, but I'll offer what I know.

The lasers they sell do not have the FDA required safety features (key lock, mechanical shutter, indicator light, safety interlock, delayed start) which in short means that they aren't compliant. But, there's a catch: there is apparently an FDA bulletin that allows lasers to be imported without certain features if they meet another international safety standard. It's my understanding that Wicked is claiming that their lasers are in fact compliant thanks to this bulletin*.

Now, as I understand it, no laser >5mW can be imported without an FDA Ascension number even if it has all of the required features. While Wicked claims to have an ascension number, I've seen many people claim that it's fake, while others have pointed out that the number listed would only cover a couple specific models meaning that most of them aren't covered.

So if they are compliant (which is in doubt), they would have to have ascension number(s) covering all of their models (which is also in doubt).

Short answer: I don't think anyone knows for sure.

Disclaimer: This is to the best of my understanding, and I do apologize if I got any of this wrong.

* This is from another forum, where a member was quoting a conversation he had with Steve from WL about the FDA status shortly after the Arctic was announced. It's thus possible that this information is wrong, so take with as many grains of salt as is necessary for you to feel comfortable. The post quoted both the current FDA rules and this bulletin, and from all appearances the information seemed credible and checked out in my brief fact checking.

Grix

damn greg...swore I saw an FDA approved somewhere on WL

WL is full of shit, as usual. Members have been in contact with the FDA and they said WL lasers are not legal in the US, not even the arctic despite all the safety features.

Last edited:
WL is full of shit, as usual. Members have been in contact with the FDA and they said WL lasers are not legal in the US, not even the arctic despite all the safety features.
I love when they said that Spyder III is fully waterproof except the FDA aproved tailcap.

Yes sir, you car is bullet proof except the doors.

You're not gonna really find any companies with free shipping. If they offer free shipping, they'll recoup that cost somewhere else more than likely, because they'll still have to pay for the shipping. If you're buying under $100 or so, you're not likely to get free shipping without them inflating the price of the laser.

I agree,
There is really no such thing as free shipping, it's just a marketing gimmick.
USPS, Fedex, DHL nor any other shipping company does it for free.
The customer pays for it one way or another.
If the merchant is offering free shipping on their products, then the cost of shipping is being added into the base price they charge for their products to give the illusion of free shipping.

As bootleg2go stated...

there is no such thing as FREE Shipping when purchasing any Product..
FREE Shipping does not exist.. unless it is your mother that is sending
you some socks...
The shipper has to spend money to ship your item and it is always included
in the price of the Item...

A seller (any Seller) will never reach into his own pocket to ship something
to you because he is such a nice and generous guy...

Jerry

Last edited:

Justin

Well, in the case of Laserglow's free shipping offer we started to offer free shipping last December but the cost of our products did not increase, so in fact that is "free" shipping since we are now paying for freight while not charging anything more to the customer. Before we started this offer everyone had to pay extra for shipping and the product cost was the same. I don't know how much more "free" it could be!

id have to say Jetlasers are a really good legit company thier lasers are FDA approved and 100% no IR

Offtopic, but I just bought from rayfoss because they had cheap shipping.

I went through the normal purchasing procedure, address, name, email ect, but no credit card number. So, whats up? Do they ship it to me before they bill?

Well, in the case of Laserglow's free shipping offer we started to offer free shipping last December but the cost of our products did not increase, so in fact that is "free" shipping since we are now paying for freight while not charging anything more to the customer. Before we started this offer everyone had to pay extra for shipping and the product cost was the same. I don't know how much more "free" it could be!

Sorry Justin... I just can't swallow that...:yh:

That is the way you would like to present your shipping costs..
(and you have the right to do so...)

But being a Manufacturer and Seller I'm aware of costs and
expenses...

Do you really go to the Post Office and pay the Shipping out
of your personal Paycheck without using it as a company
expense...:thinking:
If you do... then I could swallow it...

If on the other hand the company paid for the Postage
then it is included in the final cost of the product...

What is see is this... To offer Free Shipping you needed to
reduce the selling price of the product so that the shipping
could be added.

Don't tell me you are a Non-Profit Laser Seller... :whistle::beer:

Jerry

Sorry Justin... I just can't swallow that...:yh:

That is the way you would like to present your shipping costs..
(and you have the right to do so...)

But being a Manufacturer and Seller I'm aware of costs and
expenses...

Do you really go to the Post Office and pay the Shipping out
of your personal Paycheck without using it as a company
expense...:thinking:
If you do... then I could swallow it...

If on the other hand the company paid for the Postage
then it is included in the final cost of the product...

What is see is this... To offer Free Shipping you needed to
reduce the selling price of the product so that the shipping
could be added.

Don't tell me you are a Non-Profit Laser Seller... :whistle::beer:

Jerry
Hi Jerry, you're correct; but he did say that when they began offering their "free shipping" back in December, they didn't raise their prices to compensate. I know many prices have dropped in the industry this past year as we've lowered alot of our prices. Perhaps their costs dropped like the rest of ours, but instead of dropping their selling price, they kept the sale price the same, but offered free shipping.

Still 6 of 1 or 1/2 dozen of another, it's still the same, the buyer ultimately pays the cost of shipping either way.

Offtopic, but I just bought from rayfoss because they had cheap shipping.

I went through the normal purchasing procedure, address, name, email ect, but no credit card number. So, whats up? Do they ship it to me before they bill?

they will send you an email soon with the payment info(paypal)