Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Left4Dead 2

Jaseth

Are any of you guys buying Left4Dead 2? It will be released in about 9 hours!
I have played the first one about 10 times at friend's houses (usually 4v4 LAN) and I think it is really really entertaining. To me the concept is so good that it does not matter that there are only a few guns and few special Infected to choose from.
Anyway, I have just preordered the game with 10% discount, I am downloading the demo and was wondering if I am going to see any of you online in future?

Feel free to discuss other games on this thread as well!

Seb

Are any of you guys buying Left4Dead 2? It will be released in about 9 hours!
I have played the first one about 10 times at friend's houses (usually 4v4 LAN) and I think it is really really entertaining. To me the concept is so good that it does not matter that there are only a few guns and few special Infected to choose from.
Anyway, I have just preordered the game with 10% discount, I am downloading the demo and was wondering if I am going to see any of you online in future?

Feel free to discuss other games on this thread as well!

Seb

HOLY CRAP, I can't wait to pirate this!!! I haven't played any new game since I replayed Mirror's Edge...

Jaseth

I'm not quite sure, but I don't think you can pirate Steam games if you want to play them online. Usually each game has a special ID which must be registered with your Steam account to work with anything else than bots. I could be wrong.. maybe you can hack the game ID or hack Steam.
It does look absolutely awesome though! When you start paying rent, buying your own food and such, €45 doesn't seem like that much for a game any more. Or maybe it's just because I only buy new games 2-3 times per year.

Seb

Grix

L4D 1 is better imho. I just think the new zombies and characters ruins the feeling of the game.

Jaseth

So you have played the demo? What changes have they made?

ive played the demo. its pretty brutal... you can shoot a zombies arm off n it'll keep comin at you. theyve got "spitters" and "jockeys" now. spitters spit this acid like stuff on the ground n if you step in it, it'll hurt you pretty bad. jokeys jump on your back and make your person loose their balance, when your character tries to catch their balance it makes them move whichever way the jockey wants them to, it'll lead you to either more zombies or a witch or anything. chargers will pick you up and run with you for a while in its hand, then start slamming you into the ground, there might be another new special infected, im not sure

the witch walks around now, so you're more screwed then usual..lol

they have new guns, the ak47, 2 more shotguns, and another mini uzi, a couple different pistols, like the .50 cal pistol (like the desert eagle) they have inflamitory round that catch the zombie on fire when you shoot them

other weapons like the frying pan, golf club, guitar, axe, chainsaw, and baseball bats are just laying around.

im hopin to get it for christmas, see ya there

I am not a huge fan of zombie games. As a result I barely tried L4D. Heard the new one isn't as good though.

I really enjoyed Condemned: Criminal Origins though (ok they are hopped-up junkies, but the principle of brainless humanoids rushing at you while screaming in the dark still applies.)

Jaseth

Thanks for the summary of changes bugattidude, sounds really good :)
Only 1% left on the demo download, I am looking forward to playing this!

Seb

I really enjoyed Condemned: Criminal Origins though (ok they are hopped-up junkies, but the principle of brainless humanoids rushing at you while screaming in the dark still applies.)

I HATED that game, I didn't even finish it. It was so slow, controls were terrible, etc. etc.

@ Jaseth: Yeah, I didn't play L4D online... ever :( I heard it's fabulous... I was a TF2 player but when people started going to original servers and I couldn't crack it anymore (and college took over... again) I just left.

I'm going to play the single player (probably on January when I get some time) only.

Jaseth

You won't even consider actually buying the game..? I have played the demo a couple of times now and I think it's awesome! What I enjoy most is playing as infected in versus mode however, so I am really looking forward to the full version being released in a few hours..
Being a survivor is good fun, but I have played many FPS so simply sticking together and shooting at everything can get boring with time.. Planning an attack together with friends who are also playing Infected however is awesome every time! I just love it when you manage to isolate one and kill him before the others can help :evil:

Seb

You will see me playing. I usually play with my brother. He's in college in Chicago so we usually play once a week just to hang out. If anyone wants to play with us PM me and ill send you my ID.

About 4 more hours! Whooo!

You won't even consider actually buying the game..? I have played the demo a couple of times now and I think it's awesome! What I enjoy most is playing as infected in versus mode however, so I am really looking forward to the full version being released in a few hours..
Being a survivor is good fun, but I have played many FPS so simply sticking together and shooting at everything can get boring with time.. Planning an attack together with friends who are also playing Infected however is awesome every time! I just love it when you manage to isolate one and kill him before the others can help :evil:

Seb

I'd really like to buy every single Valve game that comes out, but I don't have money for games, even if they're amazingly epic like Portal. Remember: conversion rates in Argentina are b1tches.

Jaseth

That's awesome! I will be playing with the Muffin Man :D

2Niko: I am sorry to hear that.. what do you spend all your money on, apart from lasers? Do you have a job?

Seb

That's awesome! I will be playing with the Muffin Man :D

2Niko: I am sorry to hear that.. what do you spend all your money on, apart from lasers? Do you have a job?

Seb

I don't really spend my money on lasers either. Most lasers I own are incredibly generous gifts from members such as daguin and jander. Others are from banner payments/contests.

I don't have a job, I can't work because college takes away 90% of my time (5% to eat and go to the bathroom, 5% for trying to sleep :p). I usually use money for studying material, travelling to college (unlike most US inhabitants, we don't have a campus where we get to sleep at college or something like that. I have to go to college each day, etc.). If I had a job then I wouldn't be able to attend to all the classes I'm attending to right now (and don't even think about passing them :p).

But well, when I get my diploma on Industrial Engineering, I'll do Civil Engineering and then Medicine. When I make my first million I'm gonna buy lasers for all my friends (including you) :D

Jaseth

Wow OK I had no idea.. My lasers are all bought with savings I have scraped together since I was a small kid as well as money from different small jobs.. except the Sonar Elite and a Nebo host with heatsink I won in SightFX's competition. However that also explains why I haven't bought a new laser for months! I hope I get one or more in the raffle since I spent basically all my laser money on that and donations to the forum. I just got told I didn't get the job I applied for either.. they originally claimed they had 2 positions available and only 5 applicants, but I found out there were 38! I hate false advertising!

Sounds like you have your hands full! Law isn't particularly demanding timewise..
You will get an awesome degree though!

Sounds great, very nice of you. I plan to become a millionaire and buy many lasers too :p

Btw, to anyone who is buying L4D 2, remember that you can preload the game so you can play it the second it releases!

Seb

Jaseth

A little update for you guys:
The game itself is awesome.. everything is improved - the biggest differences to the game play being the 3 new Special Infected which are great fun to play and some much longer maps.
However, a decent server is rare to stumble upon - I have just wasted 1 hour trying over 15 different lobbies, all of them failing due to loss of server connection or really high ping. Right now the game is not worth owning since multi-player is the only really fun thing about it, and that works about 1 in 10 times. I am getting a refund for my game.

Game potential: 95%
Actual experience: 10%

Seb