Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LED Shoppe 50mW

Day said:
Ya as i said before the black plastic comes off pretty easy.

Yes, it does. I have the same laser (Ebay), and even a tiny scratch removes what is probably thin rubber.

I checked it's power yesterday and now it's averaging 60mW!!! :eek:

IDK why but I'm not complaining.

-Tony

?

I would like to chime in and put in a good word for these modules. They aren't perfect (and like to try and go to the dreaded tem01 mode) but they put out a ton of power. I ordered two of them, and one was doing 65mw, the other one started out a little low (probably about 30mw or so) but after I removed it from the body and powered it up (I suspect the spring was dirty) it was putting out about 50mw drawing 350ma, and after turning the pot on the board up to the maximum (about 450ma with 3.5v in) it was putting out on the order of 100mw, and didn't show any signs of stress! I will do some more tests when i get home next week, but for $25 i think these may honestly be the best in mw/$ for any green laser out there :) Just don't expect them to be stable in any way shape or form and they will serve you well.

there is a picture of it in my new hand machined lab host being focused with a aixis lens on a piece of plastic smoking up a storm at krazerlasers.com/images/RGB/rgb3%20green%20smoke.jpg

Jaseth

I got 3 of these and with the discount they were only about $19 each! All mine are overspec and IR filtered with decent beam divergence. They are also more stable and have a higher output than my DX True 50mW. You will see a clear dot and dim beam (no beam in sunny weather) in the day and strong, solid beam at night. $58 well spent ;D

WRM

I received an email from their tech support that stated that they do not have an IR filter. Incidentally, mine is steady at 48mW with used batteries. Also, I've had no luck finding a dust cap for it; but it fits perfectly inside of a Ziploc sandwich baggie which keeps it away from lint and other contaminants in your pockets, glovebox, etc. I just change the baggie every once in a while. Bill

just got my 50mW green from LEDShoppe today and I think they put a LED bulb in mine instead of a laser diode because that is how dim it is(with new batteries). I don't have a meter but do own other lasers and this thing is bunk. I bought it to carry around and not fear wreaking my expensive greenie but that won't be happening with this waste of money. glad to hear others have had better luck

Jaseth

starlight said:
just got my 50mW green from LEDShoppe today and I think they put a LED bulb in mine instead of a laser diode because that is how dim it is(with new batteries). I don't have a meter but do own other lasers and this thing is bunk. I bought it to carry around and not fear wreaking my expensive greenie but that won't be happening with this waste of money.  glad to hear others have had better luck
Send it back for a replacement or refund. They are usually very good for the price.

I was thinking about that but with return shipping with insurance and then the chance of getting another defective laser and be forced to pay for the return again until I get a good unit could cost more than getting one from another place with better quality

Hey Jaseth I have asked in the past but no one answered me How do you put someones quote in the white box to reply to it I cannot figure that out like what you did to my comment

Jaseth

starlight said:
I was thinking about that but with return shipping with insurance and then the chance of getting another defective laser and be forced to pay for the return again until I get a good unit could cost more than getting one from another place with better quality

Hey Jaseth I have asked in the past but no one answered me  How do you put someones quote in the white box to reply to it I cannot figure that out like what you did to my comment
Yeah I understand your concern, but I have three ledshoppe lasers and 4 of my friends also have one each, and not one came defective, and only one underspec. I think yours is a really unlucky case, and they should refund your shipping since the unit was defective and not just underspec.

To quote someone simply click the "Quote" button in the top right hand corner of any post. You can edit the actual quote between [quote author= blablabla] and [/quote] if you only wish to include some of the text, or if you want to highlight something.

Good luck with your future lasers :)

Seb

Jaseth

starlight said:
That really does look bad.. I have a couple of suggestions:

Try to cool down the laser and then using it. If you live in a warm place it might be too hot for the laser. Green lasers are quite temperature sensitive. Make sure not to cool it too much, you don't want to get condensation inside the laser.
Try to leave it on for a few minutes (warmup) and see if it increases in strength. If you can feel it getting warm and nothing happens stop so you don't fry it.
Open it an check if the spring attached to the driver is straight. If it is not straight it might be touching the casing or not touching the battery.
Try to press the button harder/press it when holding the laser at different angels/check if the clicky is aligned with the button.
Try other batteries.
Check for rust or other deposits on contact points (mainly the spring).

If all else fails.. send it back for replacement or get your money back.

Good luck!

Thank you for your ideas I will try everything you suggest. I have not had it on more than 10 seconds since it seemed to get dimmer with every second it was on. Yes I did mess with the spring a little but a little more can't hurt. I have a 75mW viper from Dragonlasers that has no problems at the conditions (batteries temperature etc.) in which I am using the lasers. Thank you for your help with my issue.