Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LED Shoppe 50mW

http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/ledp/LP1076.htm

Pros:
CHEAP!!! It is a very nice build similar to the ones DX carries. The beam comes out straight and works at TEM00. Mine peaks at 45mW with fresh e[sup]2[/sup] lithium batteries, but averages at about 38mW. Divergence is good about 1.2mRad or so.  The beam is visible in a dimly lit room and easily visible in a dark room or at night.  

Cons:
Shipping to CA took about 10 business days. Beam diameter is ok at 3mm. Not good for burning anything. If you wanna cut electrical tape or light matches you need look elsewhere.

Bottomline BUY IT!!! For about 60 cents per mW it's a great laser. It's bright enough to show off in the night sky to your friends, but cheap enough such that your not afraid to just stick it in your pocket. With my other $200 and up pointers I am so careful not to damage it, that in any way that it kinda of takes the fun out of it. :p

Update as of 3/14/09: It's doing 60mW now on alkalines!

;DBUY!!! ;D

Attachments

• ghl.JPG
    ghl.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 176

I also purchased this laser from LED Shoppe. I have to back up everything Xplorer877 said. It is bright and cheap. Just dont stick it in your pocket without a dust cap of some sort. Anyone know where a guy could get a lens for one of these?

You have a good point saying that being careful takes the fun out of it.  :) I need to buy one of these for messing around with...
Nice review.

Danjoo

I bought two and both are underspec. One with 30 and one with only 40mw.

The 5mw are good deal the have overspec.

But these 50mw module have bigger beam diameter than common aconsen module for example.

daniel

I have bought 3- 50 mW's and 2- 30 mW's, all were well worth the $  :), most were about the rated power IR inc. a couple were over by 5 mW a couple were less than 5 mW under spec.  A plastic furniture foot cover from the hardware store makes a tight lens cap.  As burning is almost impossible, why use a lens?  They do take near 2 weeks to get to me in California, but I want to get more as no disappointment at the price.  ;D

hello.so.... this 50mw laser at ledshoppe is a good deal or not?someone say are underspec...someone overspec.... i see the newwish laser solt at dealextreme.. and the 2 laser are QUITE the samel. only the lenght of the grey cover output is DIFFERENT. in ledshoppe laser... is SHORTER. have a look!

Ita a good deal :cool: :D i checked for IR and i didnt see any on my camera, i cant pop a sharpied ballon so im happy with it, the plastic comes of easy if you dont take care of it though. You might want to find something to use as a dust cap, i put mine in my pocket and one day i turned it on i i though it was mode hopping, turned out to be pocket lint :p :-[ ;D im looking for a dust cap right now i think you can use the ones from DX.

Raybo

DayOfShadows said:
Ita a good deal  :cool: :D i checked for IR and i didnt see any on my camera, i cant pop a sharpied ballon so im happy with it, the plastic comes of easy if you dont take care of it though. You might want to find something to use as a dust cap, i put mine in my pocket and one day i turned it on i i though it was mode hopping, turned out to be pocket lint  :p :-[ ;D im looking for a dust cap right now i think you can use the ones from DX.

So they do have a IR filter, good to know and thanks for the info. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

realista said:
hello.so.... this 50mw laser at ledshoppe is a good deal or not?someone say are underspec...someone overspec.... i see the newwish laser solt at dealextreme.. and the 2 laser are QUITE the samel. only the lenght of the grey cover output is DIFFERENT. in ledshoppe laser... is SHORTER. have a look!

Yes they look similar and the LED Shoppe one is about half an inch shorter. You may or may not get an overspeced model but for the price even if it was 30mW it's still worth it.

Attachments

• Laser.JPG
    Laser.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 136
Allow me to also add that the black part on that pen WILL start to come off.

Th0ughts said:
Allow me to also add that the black part on that pen WILL start to come off.

Ive had that new wish pen for 2 years and it's still fine.

-Tony

Xplorer877 said:
[quote author=Th0ughts link=1229926182/0#12 date=1231472600]Allow me to also add that the black part on that pen WILL start to come off.

Ive had that new wish pen for 2 years and it's still fine.

-Tony[/quote]
Hmm, fair enough. However on my LED Shoppe model, the black part has peeled off to reveal the brass module. I only had it for around 2 weeks as well.