Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer's latest lasers

Lazerer really is expanding their productrange. As we all know all their lasers are quite good and the service (max) is pretty good too :beer:

Most of us like the arctic host (Not the innards) So here are their latest lasers with an arctic like look (only smaller and better)!

A 500mW 405nM RIFLE:

LZRF405v2-500-640x480.jpg

Too bad max didn't changed the whole image :thinking: it still says 300mW red laser in the picture. might want to put some more work into that max :beer:

Next up, The RIFLE 300mW 638nM:

LZRF638v2-300-640x480.jpg

This laser is WAY more visible then normal red lasers.

The RIFLE 1.2W 445nM:

RF445v2_1200-640x480.jpg

The RIFLE 200mW 532nM: (also comes in 100mW an 150mW)

LZRF532-200-640x480.jpg

Notice:

The V2 versions have a AR coated glass lens. The old one has an acrylic.

greetings,,

Last edited:

^^^I'll post a review on the 638nm in a few days. Picked it up from post office saturday.

Waiting for the SD card for my camera...

In short it's a nice laser. It's case positive which I find is an odd choice, but aside from that imo it's great.

Btw, the "V2" does have a nicer anodize/finish on it. In essence it is the same exact host though as the original one.

I'll try to LPM it tonight.

IIRC Max mentioned that he's driving these at 500mA, so they should easily hit over 300mW.

Edit: Personally I'm waiting for him to figure out how to stick a larger green module into the rifle host.

Last edited:

rhd

We need a "Lazerer sub-forum", where all the stuff about them can be segregated off, and thus subsequently ignored ;)

We need a "Lazerer sub-forum", where all the stuff about them can be segregated off, and thus subsequently ignored ;)

I recall a time not that long ago, when it seemed like every other thread was about dinodirect;)

rhd

I recall a time not that long ago, when it seemed like every other thread was about dinodirect;)

Ok, maybe we need to have a "budget laser sub-forum".

I'm actually serious about that recommendation (not that I wasn't serious about relegating Lazerer to their own little asylum). But CPF does it - why not do something like that here? Setup a "budget Chinese laser" area, where all this stuff could reside?

It could work to a degree, but you will still end up seeing the company pop up in the general section and in the B/S/T.

Also I don't think it would be fair to put dropshippers like DD in the same exact category as dedicated laser re-sellers like olike, lazerer and rayfoss.

Imo, the cpf comparison doesn't work at all. There are dozens if not hundreds of flashlight manufacturers.

There are less than a dozen dedicated suppliers for laser pointers, creating an additional sub forum to separate out those... just seems inefficient.

Last edited:
^^good idea its like a new thread about lazerers new laser pop up twice a day. it kinda annoying IMO if i cared that much about their product line i would check their site :na:

rhd

Imo, the cpf comparison doesn't work at all. There are dozens if not hundreds of flashlight manufacturers.

There are less than a dozen dedicated suppliers for laser pointers, creating an additional sub forum to separate out those... just seems inefficient.

I'm not sure about that. I don't think there are hundred of sites dedicated to selling budget flashlights. There are certainly hundred of sites that sell budget flashlights , but there are also hundreds of sites that sell budget lasers.

Sure, Lazerer has a slightly different sales model because they test their cheap chinese lasers first. And perhaps that something that makes them attractive. But there's still no reason they wouldn't fit in the "budget lasers" category. That's what they are. Maybe they'd be "top of their field" ;)

^^good idea its like a new thread about lazerers new laser pop up twice a day. it kinda annoying IMO if i cared that much about their product line i would check their site :na:

I know - it's really getting to be too much. Apart from LPF drama, the constant repetitive posting about Lazerer is perhaps the one thing that is turning me off of this forum more and more by the day. And for the record, I don't think the posts about DinoDirect were EVER as bad and plentiful as those about Lazerer. It's like every 5th thread.

EDIT:
Look, searching only titles, just in the last week, there have been 15 active threads with Lazerer in the title. That's not to mention all the "which is better?" threads that are about Lazerer, but don't explicitly use their name in the title.
http://laserpointerforums.com/search.php?searchid=769011

Last edited:
I'm not sure about that. I don't think there are hundred of sites dedicated to selling budget flashlights. There are certainly hundred of sites that sell budget flashlights , but there are also hundreds of sites that sell budget lasers.

Sure, Lazerer has a slightly different sales model because they test their cheap chinese lasers first. And perhaps that something that makes them attractive. But there's still no reason they wouldn't fit in the "budget lasers" category. That's what they are. Maybe they'd be "top of their field" ;)

I know - it's really getting to be too much. Apart from LPF drama, the constant repetitive posting about Lazerer is perhaps the one thing that is turning me off of this forum more and more by the day. And for the record, I don't think the posts about DinoDirect were EVER as bad and plentiful as those about Lazerer. It's like every 5th thread.

EDIT:
Look, searching only titles, just in the last week, there have been 15 active threads with Lazerer in the title. That's not to mention all the "which is better?" threads that are about Lazerer, but don't explicitly use their name in the title.
Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Lasers & Laser Pointers - Search Results

agreed
also a sub forum would work fine IMO

but they would still come up under recent posts :yabbmad:

also agreed on the whole flashlight comparison. uh i can get a cheapy laser pointer from almost all wholesalers i can get a flashlight from.

anyways how bout people just not post junk about lazerer and the problem is solved :p

EDIT: 15 wow the ratio of informative threads to junk is changing fast and for the worse

Last edited:
^^^

The ratio of junk threads to good ones is difficult to deal with.

One thing that I've seen other forums do is implement minimum requirements before someone can create a thread.

Maybe 50 posts before a person is able to start a thread in the forum in general, and 100 posts and/or 10 rep before a sales thread can be opened in the b/s/t section.

Of course this would increase necroposting dramatically, unless old threads get locked:undecided:

Frankly I'm sick of the "which laser is better" threads too. ALL the <200mW lasers use the same freaking module:scowl:

Last edited:

rhd

anyways how bout people just not post junk about lazerer and the problem is solved :p

EDIT: 15 wow the ratio of informative threads to junk is changing fast and for the worse

The challenge, is that a lot of people on this forum don't think Lazerer is junk. I mean, heck, it's not "junk" per se. They're lasers, and they seem to work fine. They're generic/cheap, but they probably still have a place in this community. I just wish that place wasn't so overwhelming. It's really a turn off when every 5th new thread is a review of basically the same host, with basically the same internals, and the review says basically the same thing. These are *generic lasers* that Lazerer slaps their custom name on. We really don't need to see every power revision of the same host and wavelength reviewed separately.

So, put them off somewhere separate, with controls to let us filter it out. Or even better, why not give users a "keyword filter" on the New Posts list? That would be absolutely phenominal.

^^^

The ratio of junk threads to good ones is difficult to deal with.

One thing that I've seen other forums do is implement minimum requirements before someone can create a thread.

Maybe 50 posts before a person is able to start a thread in the forum in general, and 100 posts and/or 10 rep before a sales thread can be opened in the b/s/t section.

Of course this would increase necroposting dramatically, unless old threads get locked:undecided:

Frankly I'm sick of the "which laser is better" threads too. ALL the <200mW lasers use the same freaking module:scowl:

yep also it would increase post like "me too" "yeah ur right i think" "good question whats the answer"

The challenge, is that a lot of people on this forum don't think Lazerer is junk. I mean, heck, it's not "junk" per se. They're lasers, and they seem to work fine. They're generic/cheap, but they probably still have a place in this community. I just wish that place wasn't so overwhelming. It's really a turn off when every 5th new thread is a review of basically the same host, with basically the same internals, and the review says basically the same thing. These are *generic lasers* that Lazerer slaps their custom name on. We really don't need to see every power revision of the same host and wavelength reviewed separately.

So, put them off somewhere separate, with controls to let us filter it out. Or even better, why not give users a "keyword filter" on the New Posts list? That would be absolutely phenominal.

fantastic idea:beer:

also im not calling the lasers junk im saying the junk threads about them :whistle:

also i mean maybe we should have a sub forum named: useless crap
and then one named: people who care about lasers
and one named: people who only care about lighting matches

:crackup::crackup: