Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer units: Pot modding?

I'm going to toss this out there as its own thread.

It looks like Lazerer units can be pot-modded. When I took apart my 638nm to fix it, there was definitely a potentiometer on the driver board. I didn't turn it, because I don't want to blow my unit up, but for the enterprising among us, it might be something to look into.

I can't speak for/to any of their other products, but the 638nm driver board has a pot that can be turned. I imagine their other products have a similar pot, and that via said pot, that is how they very their power outputs. More than likely, the more-expensive product you order is the same as the lower-power units, but with more of a turn of the pot.

Something to consider, anyway!

norbyx

Not likely that the hi power laser has just a pot mod over the lower powered. Many drivers have pots, but that doesn't mean you are likely to get more power out of your laser just by turning it. Most of the times pots are set to the max safe output.

I'm sure you paid a pretty penny for your laser, and from your other thread where you talk about fixing it, it sounds to be a custom laser at that. You should have just ordered a laser at the power you wanted in the first place.

Pot mods are generally done on the cheap 5dollar lasers because you really have nothing invested in it.

If you care about raw power go build yourself a laser.