Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer-TANK 445nm - 1.2W Review

Nimoxp

Hi, though I'm very new to lasers here is a shot of a review. Be kind.:p

I've looked everywhere and could not find a review for this laser. I even used Google. So here's a try. Keep in mind I just got into lasers 2 months ago.

I only have a cell phone camera so I could not take night beam shots, but did manage day beam shots. When set on infiniti, I notice the dot is a bit larger then the dot of my 1.1W Rifle. Since that is the only other blue laser I have to compare it to, I believe this may be due to the Tank being over 200 mW's more powerful.

TANK 445nm- The Laser is smaller then expected. I think the dimensions were incorrect on the website. This is my second Blue laser and it is awesome!

The laser is very heavy, and has a lot of grip. It's also very wide at the tip. Wider then the Rifle. In fact the material is exactly that of the Rifle. The laser is actually just a bit heavier then the Rifle if you can believe that.

This is an excellent host. It does look a bit awkard in photos, I think. It's not exactly pretty, and that may be why I seem to be the only person to have bought one. I can say it does look quite awesome in real life, and is very comfortable. I especially like that it is not very long.

The Tank requires 2 x 16340. I do feel the batteries move around a bit inside the host. Not much, but it would be nice if the Host held the batteries with a tighter grip.

First off is the stats. Coming from Lazerer it is of course over Spec. About 1.3W on the dot.
510.jpg

The Laser has an interesting shape which may not be to everyone's liking, but I dig it.
346.jpg

482.jpg

Notice how wide the front tip is.
350.jpg

It is fully focusable. Here I have it fully extended. It stops at this point, and will not disconnect from the laser. Works great!
tn.jpg

Compared size to the Rifle. The Tank is a bit heavier then the Rifle which is heavy on it's own.
360.jpg

Compared to the Rifle and Stick. The Stick, though very light weight, I find to be slippery at times. The Tank is not only much heavier and of better feeling build quality, but also has perfect amount of grip.
366.jpg

378.jpg

As I said my camera is not good for beam shots but here are 2 daytime photos. There is no fog or anything.
410.jpg

429.jpg

Now I just got interested in lasers 2 months ago. These are all the Lasers I have bought in 2 months. Little overboard? LOL. I plan to stop for awhile cause this is nuts.
945.jpg

Like I said I'm new, hope the review is acceptable. I just love this laser and use it more then the rifle, just because it is pocket size. It's easier to handle since it's smaller and shorter.

Last edited:

Nimoxp

One thing I forgot.

When I made this order, I noticed that my status hadn't changed by the second day, so I contacted Max on that day. He returned my message within an hour and he told me that Pay-pal had not sent a confirmation to him and he apologized.

So, for my troubles he said (only 2 days since ordering) he told me he would send me some free flash Paper!! Now that's what I call Customer Service!!

Here's my free flash paper package! This is 10 sheets of paper!
flash.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for great review. +1 for your good job. It surprised me that the tank is even small than the rifle. Just wonder if the stick laser is any good?

Nimoxp

Thanks for great review. +1 for your good job. It surprised me that the tank is even small than the rifle. Just wonder if the stick laser is any good?

Hey, thanks, I really appreciate the reply.

I was surprised the Tank is smaller then the Rifle to. It is wider at the front. I really like the size and it is very heavy.

The thing about the stick is that the 2 sticks that I have are green,and they get very hot very fast. In the rifle and the Tank, the metal is so thick you can't feel the heat.

The sitck is much lighter though and is easier to put in your pocket. So I guess it's up to you. Do you prefer the heavy and well built feel of the Tank, or the kind of plastic cheap feeling stick. I like both.

Thanks again for your feedback!

question for the stick. how do you clean the lens? its so freakin hard to get in there and my lens is all Fed up.

Cool review and collection!!

I like the look of the Tank on Lazerer and the beam shots look good. What camera did you use as I need to take some beam shots on my 1W blue?

Rifle looks good!

Excellent customer service too!

Nimoxp

Cool review and collection!!

I like the look of the Tank on Lazerer and the beam shots look good. What camera did you use as I need to take some beam shots on my 1W blue?

Rifle looks good!

Excellent customer service too!

Hey man thanks for the compliment and checking out my review! I appreciate it much.

I found it funny that you commented on my page cause the other day I was looking at your review of the 1W laser from OdicForce. I honestly think your laser is beautiful.

I really don't have a need for another blue, but I really love your host. The silver color looks really nice, and the design looks really close the rifle. Your laser is one of the first one's that I have seen and said wow, that's a beauty.

Do you recomend it? The price looks good. The company is in the UK, is that right? Also i'm wondering, is it heavy feeling like metal, or does it have a plastic feel. I can' t tell from the photos. I am really considering ordering one in the next few days.

Is this a new company and are they reliable? I'm surprised that it's not in China and they can get away with it.

About your camera question, it's just a cell phone camera with 8 megapixels. Doesn't work well in the dark.

Anyway, I appreciate any info you can give me on your new laser! I think it's a beauty.

Hey man thanks for the compliment and checking out my review! I appreciate it much.

I found it funny that you commented on my page cause the other day I was looking at your review of the 1W laser from OdicForce. I honestly think your laser is beautiful.

I really don't have a need for another blue, but I really love your host. The silver color looks really nice, and the design looks really close the rifle. Your laser is one of the first one's that I have seen and said wow, that's a beauty.

Do you recomend it? The price looks good. The company is in the UK, is that right? Also i'm wondering, is it heavy feeling like metal, or does it have a plastic feel. I can' t tell from the photos. I am really considering ordering one in the next few days.

Is this a new company and are they reliable? I'm surprised that it's not in China and they can get away with it.

About your camera question, it's just a cell phone camera with 8 megapixels. Doesn't work well in the dark.

Anyway, I appreciate any info you can give me on your new laser! I think it's a beauty.

Hey thanks for the comments! :yh:

It does feel heavy, a real metal feeling to it. I will weigh it and add it to the review.

I don't know how long they have been running, they are based in the UK but I always hear good things on this forum and Jon has an ebay shop too.

I was glad to get the silver host as after I ordered it, it went out of stock on the website so I assume he only has one or two maybe of each in.

Will try and get some beam shots soon!

Thanks again

I purchased the exact same model about a month ago. Was trying it out in the snowstorm tonight - looks awesome! I don't have another high powered blue, but I am very happy with it. Very solid, feels just like I imagine a light sabre would. The beam is a bit wider and divergence is higher as compared with my lower powered green, but I understand that is an inherent characteristic of blue lasers.

Max is very supportive of his products - The violet laser I got in the same order burned out, and he shipped me a free replacement within 3 weeks - just arrived earlier this week. I thanked him by giving him another, larger order.

Nimoxp

I purchased the exact same model about a month ago. Was trying it out in the snowstorm tonight - looks awesome! I don't have another high powered blue, but I am very happy with it. Very solid, feels just like I imagine a light sabre would. The beam is a bit wider and divergence is higher as compared with my lower powered green, but I understand that is an inherent characteristic of blue lasers.

Max is very supportive of his products - The violet laser I got in the same order burned out, and he shipped me a free replacement within 3 weeks - just arrived earlier this week. I thanked him by giving him another, larger order.

Yeah this is an awesome laser. Did you get a Power Certificate? Find out how much Power your laser is actually putting out. With Lazerer, their lasers can get up to over a 100mW over spec. Like this one came out to about 100 over spec.

Also, if your getting Blue lasers make sure you buy batteries from www.lighthound.com. These are the batteries you want for your blue https://www.lighthound.com/AW-IMR16...LiMN-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_2626.html.

The batteries that Lazerer suck, and are not safe. The batteries at Lighhound last 3 to 4 times longer. I remember before I bought the new batteries, the laser would need recharging after like 30 minutes. Now I have days or weeks of usage time.
Also buy lighthound chargers. They wont over charge and and are faster.

Last edited: