Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer 1w blue laser help?

are you working for them?

who knows what happened to the shipment?

yes they often do offer a refund, because they send it out cheap, so they know it's a risk. and to do good business they then offer a refund. i've experienced it myself. (maybe that's why they're not on ebay, so they can be more shady and ripping more people off)

all i know is i lost a lot of money, only to get a sorry your loss back from max.
which imo isn't good business.
and to re-order after this you have to be mad

it stated insured on their website, but they took it off it seems
also our dutchpost office says the shipment IS indeed insured.

It is always interesting to follow these disputes. You aren't coming across as credible (edit: credible isn't really the word I am looking for, but maybe understandable would be better?) because we can't figure out why ou didn't simply open a PayPal dispute. Can you explain why that as soon as you got your package that you didn't contact Max and as SOON as he made you an offer that you found unacceptable, why didn't you open a dispute?

I would be ticked off too in your shoes, but unless we are missing something, we can't figure why you didn't simply use paypal's protection to get your money back?

Last edited:

Just to pop in here; I did some research on the Lazerer insurance when I ordered my Rifle:

There is no software option to add it in with your order just a blurb about it on the shipping info page. You have to manually send $1.99 after your order and then tell Max what it is for via the contact form. The insurance is against Damage in Transit and Loss in Transit (the package never arrives at all), but nothing more.

Harry, sorry to read more of your loss, it is an unfortunate circumstance to be in, but please understand this could have happened when ordering ANYTHING online. The seller is not responsible for theft, only the postal service, and sometimes not even them depending on where the theft happened.

I just got conned and ripped-off by lazerer.com for $134.99

Even though they advertised the safest, insured options on transportation, they don't have any insurance options during their web-order-checkout when ordering from them. So I asked and paid for extra insurance (for the LZSK - 445nm 1W Focusable Blue Laser Pointer) via E-mail/paypal.

This guy max, from lazerer told me that he a added tracking number and that everything was taken care of.

When the yellowish envelop from lazerer.com finally arrived, it was already torn apart and the laser was missing. I informed our post office and filled in all the necessary paperwork.

When I spoke to max from lazerer he told me he could only get back twice the amount of the shipping costs, which is about $10, but in no way will they refund you anything! But they are willing to compensate the next time you order from them (so you can lose everything all over again).

This is how they do business: prepare to kiss your money, time, and effort goodbye and get ripped-off, even if your order is insured!

Do not buy from lazerer.com you'll get scammed and lose your money!

Harry

Dude that's really unbelievable bad luck but hardly the intentions of Lazerer.com, the odds of it happening AGAIN would be like a million to one, try order again and get something off it.

Just to pop in here; I did some research on the Lazerer insurance when I ordered my Rifle:

There is no software option to add it in with your order just a blurb about it on the shipping info page. You have to manually send $1.99 after your order and then tell Max what it is for via the contact form. The insurance is against Damage in Transit and Loss in Transit (the package never arrives at all), but nothing more.

I would say that "loss in transit" is what happened.

I think he has a really good complaint here, what I don't understand is why he waited so long to pursue the claim.

Loss in transit literally means the package(ing) never arrived. He has the packaging so it is not considered a loss in transit. I had a watch stolen out of a similar bubble mailer about a decade ago, but it happened after it was delivered (left out on my front steps). I reported it and tried to collect on the insurance I had on it (good usps insurance!) and couldn't because it WAS delivered, not lost.

Agreed about the paypal issue though.

hvdm

i had to wait because max told me it would take up te at least 2 moths.
he told me it was insured. if he would have said he only insured the shipping costs i wouldn't have waited 2 months.
so he could say sorry no refunds, re-order

rip-off

hvdm

No I don't work for them, but I have dealt with Max plenty of times in the past, and he seems to consistently come through for people with problems.

Since we're on paranoia road, who's to say you didn't rip out the laser yourself and are now trying to get another freebie?

>well it looks like you work for them, as they say on their website to offer money to anyone who offers good PR on their behalf.

I got the package the way i took the picture, even the postman who delivered it noticed it was torn apart, prior to delivery.

If he had sent it in a box a lot of mishap could have been avoided, but max doesn't think that's a good idea.

why not refund the insurance money? why insure it at all or don't cover any loss at all.
i wouldn't have ordered from them if he had told the truth before hand.

now i'm conned, ripped-off

>well it looks like you work for them, as they say on their website to offer money to anyone who offers good PR on their behalf.

So I guess everyone who's had a good experience with the company works for them by that logic...

Scratch what I said earlier, you're a bitter nut job with a stone to grind.

I got the package the way i took the picture, even the postman who delivered it noticed it was torn apart, prior to delivery.

If he had sent it in a box a lot of mishap could have been avoided, but max doesn't think that's a good idea.

why not refund the insurance money? why insure it at all or don't cover any loss at all.
i wouldn't have ordered from them if he had told the truth before hand.

now i'm conned, ripped-off

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Poor you. Continuing to say you were conned won't make it true.

Did you even look into whether lasers are legal to import in your country?

Why did you accept a package from the mailman if it was so obviously tampered with? Refuse it, and it's sent back to sender, you get your money back.

OR file a paypal dispute and you also get your money back.

You had options but, stupidity, and stubborn refusal to learn just can't be insured against.

Stix62

Does it really?

I must say, Max offers top notch, on spec, lasers at a very competitive price. His customer service is, well, awesome. He has a good sense of humour and is very polite in emails. 'Have nice day' is his catchline and I genuinely believe he means it. Hell, if I was a female I would let him make babies with me :D

(@Max - was that any good?)

Joking aside, no-one will deny you've had a bad experience but I can't help thinking you're partly to blame.
As a buyer, for future reference just follow paypal rules/guidelines (learn them!). If you had, this would have been sorted out weeks ago.

Its pointless saying ' until it happens to you' to most here because judging by the replys, it wouldn't.