Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer 1w blue laser help?

I just received my 1w blue laser from lazerer, i put the batteries in and it didn't work, because i also got a charger does this mean the batteries are probably dead? Would i have to charge the batteries overnight or could i chance charging them for a few minutes then test it? (sometimes this isn't a good idea first time charging and can screw up the batteries) so was hoping for some insight.

Thanks a lot for any help.

TuhOz

Charge the battery 2-4 hours, its probably empty

Last edited:
I know i sound immature but i just want to make sure im doing it right. The laser came with 2 x 3.6v batteries and a charger. The charger is 3.6v so im not sure if i should only charge one at a time. When i put in one battery the light is red and for the other battery its green so one must be dead.

Exactly. It only takes 10 minutes. Probably quicker than writing this thread waiting for answer.

I just received my 1w blue laser from lazerer, i put the batteries in and it didn't work, because i also got a charger does this mean the batteries are probably dead? Would i have to charge the batteries overnight or could i chance charging them for a few minutes then test it? (sometimes this isn't a good idea first time charging and can screw up the batteries) so was hoping for some insight.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Is it used? In that case the batteries might be in need of recharge. Most new ones I have bought were 3/4 charged or more out of the box.

Make sure you are putting the batteries in correctly. If you have any doubt, shoot a PM to Lazerer to find out - you can possibly damage a laser by putting them in backwards.

Definitely charge them up, if your charger has two slots then you can put both batteries in at the same time.

I say it is smart thinking for you to come on here and ask rather than just messing around with it, I have fried a laser that way and if I had been in contact with the seller I could have avoided it.

Be patient and talk to the seller, and also remember a 1W blue is a DANGEROUS laser for your eyes. If you don't have goggles, get some. It really is that powerful.

:beer:

Last edited:

MaxLZR

I know i sound immature but i just want to make sure im doing it right. The laser came with 2 x 3.6v batteries and a charger. The charger is 3.6v so im not sure if i should only charge one at a time. When i put in one battery the light is red and for the other battery its green so one must be dead.

Hi, this is Max from LAZERER. If you have a multimeter it will immediately give the answer. Just check the voltage of each battery, especially for the one give the green light on charger.

If one battery is really dead than we will send another one to you on our cost. Sorry we can't test the battery since they are factory sealed.

Max

Last edited:
Just insert the batteries in the proper orientation.

If the laser doesn't work, than most probably this is a contact issue. Try putting some conductive material between the batteries.

Hi, this is Max from LAZERER. If you have a multimeter it will immediately give the answer. Just check the voltage of each battery, especially for the one give the green light on charger.

If one battery is really dead than we will send another one to you on our cost. Sorry we can't test the battery since they are factory sealed.

Max

Hey Max. Good to see your still around.

Have you worked this out?

Hey thanks for all the replies.

I sorted the problem after. I found an old battery charger in a press in my house and i put both batteries into it for 5 minutes - it worked perfect! So i charged them for 2 hours and the laser worked 100%. Now the charger i got with it will not work unfortunately no matter what way i try but luckily this old one i found will.

So the conclusion is that the fault is with the charger but thankfully the laser and its batteries are very good.

MaxLZR

Hey Max. Good to see your still around.

Hi TJ,

Yes sometime I surf around the forum :san:.

I sorted the problem after. I found an old battery charger in a press in my house and i put both batteries into it for 5 minutes - it worked perfect! So i charged them for 2 hours and the laser worked 100%. Now the charger i got with it will not work unfortunately no matter what way i try but luckily this old one i found will.

So the conclusion is that the fault is with the charger but thankfully the laser and its batteries are very good.

Hi VioletLasers,

Please email me your order number and I will send another charger to you. You can click "contact us" on the bottom on our homepage. Thanks for your time

Last edited:

Was the charger you found made for 3.7v Lithium batteries? Because if its just a standard charge it could blow the batteries up.

Was the charger you found made for 3.7v Lithium batteries? Because if its just a standard charge it could blow the batteries up.

Well the batteries that came with it were Ultrafire 3.6v 16340 880mAh and the charger seems to work ok with them, i ordered more of them batteries plus a charger on ebay just in case this method takes it's toll on them, ah no it's going good now so i don't mind.

Well the batteries that came with it were Ultrafire 3.6v 16340 880mAh and the charger seems to work ok with them, i ordered more of them batteries plus a charger on ebay just in case this method takes it's toll on them, ah no it's going good now so i don't mind.

If you aren't sure, DON'T use the charger. Li-ion batteries are very dangerous when improperly charged.

Do you have pics of the batteries and the charger you are using?

Honestly, please be safe on this!

If you aren't sure, DON'T use the charger. Li-ion batteries are very dangerous when improperly charged.

Do you have pics of the batteries and the charger you are using?

Honestly, please be safe on this!

Oh no they're not Li-ion batteries at all, i didn't take a photo but found a picture on google images of one - http://cdn102.iofferphoto.com/img/item/202/008/714/ankb.jpg
Also google images for my charger - http://is03.thegumtree.com/image/big/108600783.jpg it's a universal charger so it shouldn't be a problem.