Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LAST GROUP BUY ?? Sony 16X DVD Burner Diodes

I just ordered 2. If they are as good as everyone says (and I'm quite sure I'll be very happy) I'll be ordering 5-10 more ;D...but only as cashflow allows. :'(

Thanks Greg for finding these for us, for putting your money/time on the line, AND for putting up with all the frustrations...shipping, jackasses...

S

SenKat

Excellent - thanks for al the input, and supporting thoughts !  I had originally agreed with him to keep them off of Ebay, so I would not compete with him...but at this point, I do not feel too obligated to keep my word with him any longer :)  The guy is being a jerk - and it is hard to interpret his comments to me, as his mastery of the English language is not that good- and he may not actually be inslting me - hard to tell. But one thing is for certain - he has completely severed the original deal we had settled on anyways, by breaking his word on multiple occassions - he promised a fixed price for a month on the 24th or 25th of August, and now he says he meant the month of August ONLY ! Eh - no matter...we will see how this develops :)

G !

Benm

Well, promises aside, i'd just consider the ebay option a safety net in case you would get stuck with $2000 worth of laser diodes and rather spend the money on something else ;)

Gazoo

millionaire said:
plus like u said on earlier posts he is selling 2 of them for 50 dollers. If i do fry a diode and need a new one i will buy it from you and not him on ebay but other than that its getting to be still a deal cause you dont have to look but not so great of one.

They were $50. Now it is $85. I am almost positive it is the same seller. It should tell everyone he is getting very greedy.

Rhith

Don't let the prices rise! Ahhh! I want a handful of these. (5-10 probably) The only issues is I have no money at the moment. And if he raises the prices that much you might as well go to thrift stores or garage sales and find old computers with DVD Burners in them and take the time to tear them apart. Well, good luck Greg, maybe we can be lucky enough to find another seller.

Benm

I guess prices on ebay might come down quite a bit in the near future though. That maglite-dvd-mod video made it all over the world, creating an instant demand for these diodes, resulting in big price hikes on auctions.

Things will probably be back to normal once the hype is over... though i think the GB price as it is now will remain a good deal for a while!

Skram0

Benm said:
Things will probably be back to normal once the hype is over...
I couldn't see that happening anytime soon. Supply and demand. And I think the demand will be around for a long time.

I would say get as many as possible for the best price ya can. You'll be kicking yerself in the arse when there's nowhere else to get'm at a reasonable price.

I'm really debating on how many to buy. If I buy two more I will be wanting more later for sure. If I bite the bullet and go for 5 ($87.50 OUCH thats a lot for a 15 year old kid!) I should have enough for a few more DIY reds. But still this price is great, I am really amazed how much I have learned building these things. I came into this knowing absolutely nothing about electronics, now I have learned some useful info that could help me on future projects. I better figure out how many to go for pretty quick!

S

SenKat

LAST GROUP BUY ?? Sony 16X DVD Burner Diodes (600

Okay folks - I have roughly 300 in stock as of this instant....I am ordering 300 more on Tuesday, and that will most likely be it, unless this guy can see fit to bring his prices a little bit more in line with reality. That amount of diodes should last a decent amount of time, so I wil lstart a new post with the purchase information, shipping info, etc in the next day or so. I thanks all of you for your ideas, maybe I wil do a raffe, or hand out a few of these as prizes for the most innovative laser made by a member or something...we'll have to see ! Thanks again, folks - you ALL totally rock !

Greg

SenKat, I bought two when they were at $14.50. Have these shipped? Excuse me if this has been answered already.

-morbid

SenKat did you remember to post that Dorcy jnr with my diode shipment? If so I still need to get the extra cost off ya so I can send you the final payment.