Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers



Laser Pointer Store

LaserSabers

Joined
Mar 30, 2008
Messages
6,058
Likes
21
Points
0
It is a coated internal tube that has a steel ball in it - there is a ring magnet at top that holds the ball when you point it down, or swing it - it does effectively block the beam of the laser when it is in it's "powered off" position with the laser on - it is an ingenious design - and I absolutely enjoy the hell out of mine :) depending on the power of the laser you use is how bright it will be - you can request special accommodations, based on whatever laser(s) you choose to use, just email Cheyenne (sp?) to get confirmation. He's a really nice guy, and his tunnel guns are pretty cool, too !
 

360freak

New member
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
300
Likes
3
Points
0
I have a couple of Master Replicas Force FX sabers. You dont need to point them in any direction since its a series of lights. They're very high quality and well built.
 
Joined
Mar 30, 2008
Messages
6,058
Likes
21
Points
0
360freak said:
I have a couple of Master Replicas Force FX sabers. You dont need to point them in any direction since its a series of lights. They're very high quality and well built.
I have those, too - LOTS of fun !! The lasersabers are simply unique :p
 

Petrovski

New member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
475
Likes
1
Points
0
A must have for the true Star Wars fan I suppose. Compare it to the 'fake' tricorders trekkies like to have. Meh not my cup of tea, handling one looks like you're swinging a tubular lighting tube. :p
 

L4sers

New member
Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
125
Likes
0
Points
0
Petrovski said:
A must have for the true Star Wars fan I suppose. Compare it to the 'fake' tricorders trekkies like to have. Meh not my cup of tea, handling one looks like you're swinging a tubular lighting tube.  :p
I can see how it looks like a tube with just light, but at dark (like the bottom pic), it can sure look like its just a plain "beam".

Ehh, this is probably the closest it gets to an actual "Star Wars LightSaber".
 

Kenom

New member
Joined
May 4, 2007
Messages
5,629
Likes
132
Points
0
I just bought one of the cheaper version. For $30 you can't go wrong. shipping was a bit more but ya only live once.
 

lazerguy

New member
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
521
Likes
4
Points
0
Wow, I will have to get one of those! Really nice gadget. :)

I wish I had a 1w CNI pen or something like that to fit into the hilt, THAT would've been bright. :D
 

Murudai

New member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
2,238
Likes
13
Points
0
LazerGuy said:
I wish I had a 1w CNI pen or something like that to fit into the hilt, THAT would've been bright. :D
1 Watt CNI pen? Such a device wouldn't need a light saber to fit in to, it'll already be a light saber :eek:
 

Eagle_1

New member
Joined
Jul 8, 2008
Messages
46
Likes
1
Points
0
I couldn't resist - I just ordered the $30 one.  I've got a lathe and  mill, so I might whip up a more exciting hilt/host for it and whack in the BR I'll be building (as soon as all the parts arrive).
 

Chicxulub

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
1,009
Likes
105
Points
63
Eagle_1 said:
I couldn't resist - I just ordered the $30 one. I've got a lathe and mill, so I might whip up a more exciting hilt/host for it and whack in the BR I'll be building (as soon as all the parts arrive).
Ya know, there's an idea... someone should work with this guy and offer already installed high mw 803t's in these things. Doesn't even need to be a pointer, the hilt could be the host. I mean hell, you could have a great heatsink in the hilt, duty cycle shouldn't be too much of a problem. Mace Windu had a violet lightsaber anyway.

It could work...
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
1,412
Likes
8
Points
0
I don't think there's much point - if it's fibre optics we're using a set of violet LEDS would work just as well, no?
 

Chicxulub

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
1,009
Likes
105
Points
63
VillageIdiot said:
I don't think there's much point - if it's fire optics we're using a set of violet LEDS would work just as well, no?
Well yeah, but if this cat wants to sell lasers specifically, then he could have a unique product and could help introduce 405nm to the public in a hopefully harmless way.

But an LED would admittedly work as well in theory, I was just suggesting something unique for this fellow with his business concept.
 




Top