Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers shone at landing aircraft at Exeter and Newquay

if it keeps up then the UK will act like Australia and just outright ban owning & importing any laser that is >1mw

yeah and some stupid F**K had been shining a green laser right at my girlfriend last night from a car!!! at almost hit her in the eye ... if I find who that was I beat the c**p out of him!!!

i really don't like to say it but lasers should be banned for those people... but how on earth are lasers going to be banned just for them. :undecided::undecided: :lasergun:

as much as I love lasers I hate it when some stupid people get their hands on them and use them in stupid/dangerous/harmfull ways!!!

jimdt7

I hate these f***ing idiots !
I want to punch them on the face :gun:
Yesterday i was walking with my GF and some stupid kids were shinning their green lasers (more than 25mW for sure) on us ! I wish i had my 1W 445nm to shine it at the air and scare them :eg:

This week was a 37 Year old guy at court. He attacked two Army Helicopters. Now the court gave him a penalty. He must pay 7725.- Swiss Francs. With this money i could buy a few nice Lasers.

Benm

Ah well, exaggerating risks seems to be an art too:

Police treated such incidents as a possible prelude to a terrorist attack, he added.

He said: "Obviously a laser [striking an aircraft] could be a prelude to a missile attack.

Sure, you can laser paint an aircraft as a target... but what idiot would do so with a highly visible green laser, both alerting the target and giving away his position?

Considering the enormous heat and radar signature of passenger aircraft there would be no need to paint it all. Afaik there has been only one missile attack on a commercial airliner, in which case a DHL cargo A300 was shot using an infrared seeking SA-14 missile. Amazingly, they landed the aircraft with most hydraulics and the better part of a wing missing.

Lase

Sure, you can laser paint an aircraft as a target... but what idiot would do so with a highly visible green laser, both alerting the target and giving away his position?

I've always wondered why these idiots all decide to use a greenie? There are better options if you wanted to cause an issue. (although I don't advocate this in any way)

Lase

Green ones are the 'coolest' color on the market. Red lasers are too stereotypical, so people prefer to use green ones for 'style'. Plus, they are brighter visually,mW to mW, if those IMBECILES decide to create some sort of issue.

Benm

I think the reason is that these people are idiots, not terrorists. I seriously doubt that anyone is trying to cause a plane crash. Also the number of reported laser vs plane incidents (many) and resulting crashes (zero) sort of proves that the method is ineffective as best :D

Thats the media for you. No aircraft has ever been brought down by a laser but if you listened to most media outlets you would think that these kids with 50mW greens were bringing down planes left and right. :banghead:

this is quickly becoming a "How To" post on bringing down planes with lasers. Having said that, if you WERE actually trying to do it, say.. VS the post apocalyptic NWO (see mad max: beyond thunderdome) IR with night vision goggles every time :wave:

but dont be an idiot... every time someone gets on the news for these "attacks" it makes it harder for the rest of us to acquire scientific tools... or hobby instruments

Last edited:
Education is key...

How many companies even include reading material warning against the dangers?

I don't believe these individuals are terrorists, just uneducated fools...

Lase

Education is key...

How many companies even include reading material warning against the dangers?

I don't believe these individuals are terrorists, just uneducated fools...

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Like most of your customer base?

Lase

Last edited: