Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers prove we've been to the moon !

GSS

I have to ask, on the show Big Bang Theory what setup or experiment did they have or do on one of the episode's which they supposedly did this test?:D

diachi

I have to ask, on the show Big Bang Theory what setup or experiment did they have or do on one of the episode's which they supposedly did this test?:D

It looked like a couple argon lasers (like an Omni 532 or some such) placed end to end with a telescope to view it? Been a few years since I seen it but that's what I recall.

GSS

It looked like a couple argon lasers (like an Omni 532 or some such) placed end to end with a telescope to view it? Been a few years since I seen it but that's what I recall.
Are friend Pi R was the king of finding the exact shows:(
Could it be possible with the setup?

diachi

Are friend Pi R was the king of finding the exact shows:(
Could it be possible with the setup?

Nope, not nearly enough power.

You didn't read closely enough. I said I read that from Sam's Laser FAQ 20 some years ago. Thats possibly when he did it but he gives no precise date, could have been earlier. In the intervening decades those mirrors have become dirtier. I have no idea if this was possible decades ago but I see no one replying to Steve questioning his claim in that old thread.

"At the Moon's surface, the beam is about 6.5 kilometers (4.0 mi) wide[9] and scientists liken the task of aiming the beam to using a rifle to hit a moving dime 3 kilometers (1.9 mi) away. The reflected light is too weak to see with the human eye. Out of 10^17 photons aimed at the reflector, only one is received back on Earth every few seconds, even under good conditions."

The above reinforces my thinking on the text from the FAQ being incorrect.

Also, how would the mirrors get dirty? There's no atmosphere on the moon and as a result no wind, no way to kick up dust that'd get on the mirrors.

Last edited:
Laser Retroreflectors on the Moon...???
How absurd....
It's all a Hoax I tell ya...

Jerry

Last edited:

diachi

Laser Retroreflectors on the Moon...???
How absurd....
It's all a Hoax I tell ya...

Jerry

"How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real" - Jaden Smith

The Moon is quite clearly a hologram and the Earth is obviously flat. :rolleyes:

You didn't read closely enough. I said I read that from Sam's Laser FAQ 20 some years ago. Thats possibly when he did it but he gives no precise date, could have been earlier. In the intervening decades those mirrors have become dirtier. I have no idea if this was possible decades ago but I see no one replying to Steve questioning his claim in that old thread.
And now it seem like you didn't read closely enough, I did say "steve001 mentioned reading" and " a person had posted at some time in the past" And that what you had read was "unconfirmed", It seem like I read it close enough....

Last edited:
I'm curious to know how the mirrors might have become dirty on the moon. There is no atmosphere, so no wind. I would think they are as pristine as the day they were placed there.

diachi

I'm curious to know how the mirrors might have become dirty on the moon. There is no atmosphere, so no wind. I would think they are as pristine as the day they were placed there.

Already asked the same further up.

The only possibility I can think of would be impact debris.

The Moon is quite clearly a hologram and the Earth is obviously flat. :rolleyes:
Obviously just propaganda being perpetuated by the girl scouts who are trying to restart the cold war ! And that's just the tip of the iceberg ! It goes much deeper than that and all the way to the top ! but I can't talk about that here, Hey did anyone hear that ? I gota go..........

I could be wrong but I believe that very fine dust is still floating around our solar system much like the asteroids, comets, and the like that we all know about, and over time gravity causes some of that dust to fall onto the moon as it's been doing for billions of year ?

Last edited:

Sorry. I didn't see it. How many impacts do you think happen close to the mirror array in a single year? My guess is none, but it is not out of the realm of possibility. I suppose there could be one since 1969 that was large enough and close enough to kick up some dust. Still, how much of that would adhere to the mirrors? :undecided:

Well, as a fat man I shouldn't think this, but I couldn't be entertained enough by that fat woman to watch it very far through.

Last edited:
Sorry. I didn't see it. How many impacts do you think happen close to the mirror array in a single year? My guess is none, but it is not out of the realm of possibility. I suppose there could be one since 1969 that was large enough and close enough to kick up some dust. Still, how much of that would adhere to the mirrors? :undecided:

You both are smart enough to google an answer.

Last edited:
Any impact wouldn't need to be close the landing site as the moons low gravity along with the velocity anything would impact the moon at that any dust and debris kicked up by the impact would go up pretty high from the moons surface and could encircle the moon as it slowly rained back down.

But as I said dust is always raining down on all the planets and their moons from space as it has been for billions of years, Or I could be wrong about that ?

You've never seen anything about the problems Astronaut had with the dust that got all over everything and how it stuck to everything ??? It was a real problem for the Apollo Astronauts that worked on the moon......

Last edited:
The conspiracy people have two places that they think the moon landing happened. One was on a sound stage some were in one of move studios in California, and the other is craters of the moon in Idaho. Whether or not is not a matter of debate! The moon landing happened end of story. Its just like the JFK assassination. Just watched a documentary on it and with modern forensic science they have proved Lee Havery Oswald was the only gunman. You can believe what you want to believe but end the end its all comes down to science