Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

lasers in aussie land

NKO29

Yeah this is more of an experiment. I have build 3 of my 3 current lasers :)

Irony is I've had 4 letters and they have been for 5mW laser pens that i now know you can buy here at certain suppliers that put out up to 20 times that ...the real lasers i have ordered all arrived only difference was the eBay pen lasers i tried to get in had batteries with them ....moral of story is ....customs flag batteries and in fact I'm waiting from mid July for 12 batteries from two suppliers they take even longer to arrive but they do arrive eventually

AUSBEN

Irony is I've had 4 letters and they have been for 5mW laser pens that i now know you can buy here at certain suppliers that put out up to 20 times that ...the real lasers i have ordered all arrived only difference was the eBay pen lasers i tried to get in had batteries with them ....moral of story is ....customs flag batteries and in fact I'm waiting from mid July for 12 batteries from two suppliers they take even longer to arrive but they do arrive eventually

have you ever orders from dragon lasers?

Once a while ago, took i think about three weeks but no problem to arrive ..

zaku

Only 80$ for 15mW rihopefullyf you would be better getting an ebay poiI ter off than Aussie ebay dealer called supertech all off eBay pens are well over speced and only cost 8 dollars each most are 40 mW for green 60 mW for Violet and 120 plus mW for red i have about 8 of each because they are putting out that much power at least and have been reliable, they are a good start at 8 dollars each,most are more power than that but that's about the lowest power you will get ,and yes if a 532 comes up i will let you know probably quite soon

I just purchased some lasers off supertech hopefully there over powers like the ones you got i will let you know how i go thanks for the heads up much appreciated!:D

Expect to wait a week unless your in Sydney other than that they work really well ....

zaku

Well just got my order from tmart in China which consisted of a led torch 3 sets of batteries for the torch a green laser 5mw+ batteries for the laser and a extra lens for it and all of it got to me and they were all packed together! The laser is powerful enough that the beam is very clear at night and I have tested it on the beach and it it went about 1km+ didn't really have anything further away to test it on safely but I'm pretty happy with the results and the price of it was next to nothing might try get in a better one now!

zaku

Woah congrats dude :D

was it done through australia post?

it came in a Chinese airmail satchel but aus post might of been the ones who delivered it Not sure as i was not there when it arrived was on a lunch break got it delivered to work

Yeah its Australia post at the finish ....no doubt Chinese airmail only gets it onto the plane to Australia after arrival customs and Australia post 100% no doubt

AUSBEN

Update - My wicked lasers greenie just came in the mail unopened.

Last edited:
That's Great news ( even more awesome news when my expensive red arrives ) i cant remember now when did you order it but and more importantly how was it packed and labeled as? Doesn't seem that long ago i feel like mine are being swam over ..i would do a lol or lmao but I'm sweating it out on two expensive ones that i feel like hitting the postman because he's slow not customs.

Last edited:

AUSBEN

Took about 5 weeks to get here.

it was packaged in a Chinese air mail sachet declared as a gift. Unopened untouched.

Love it!

Took about 5 weeks to get here.

it was packaged in a Chinese air mail sachet declared as a gift. Unopened untouched.

Love it!
That's great news thanks for how packed and how long .I got one of my expensive ones though today ..YES so I'm half stoked one more to go, mine was same unopened untouched, i found they either arrive like that or you just get a letter informing you of the confiscation of your laser by customs, only exception i have seen to this was Fiddly and his arctic called a star wars prop. That was opened by customs but he still got the laser! !

This very useful thread on prevailing Aussie laser import rules is just as important as the ongoing discussion about recent changes in the US FDA regulations which are apparently getting tightened on laser imports and perhaps exports as well. So maybe this thread ought to be relocated to that same section "Safety and Legal Issues".