Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

lasers in aussie land

zaku

Hi been reading this forum for a while and there is some amazing stuff here love your work people! I'm a new member to this site and am from Sydney australia and have many led flashlights and have also built them but I have interest in laser now I have read through safety tips on operating them correctly and just wanted to know if any other aussies on here would have a green laser for sale already built I was gonna buy one from aliexpress but I'm not sure if it will arrive to me drama free rather keep the Sale local any help would be much appreciated!

Very sorry to mods/admin I originally posted this in buy and sell and didn't realise you needed 20 posts and positive rep sorry if I caused you guys any trouble or wasted your time

Things

Welcome to the forum! You can still post in other peoples threads in the BST section, just not start your own. However people will probably be hesitant selling to you until you've been around a bit.

NKO29

TBH i wouldnt buy from aliexpress. The lasers there are not up to spec and they can be terrible quality. If you want a "good" laser the best way is to build your own. I am in sydney too btw :)

Hi welcome from South OZ ...well your asking a similar question i re ask or bump up a previous post. To get ppls attention .I have managed to get a single laser from another Aussie rather a saga. Its pretty tough getting ppl to part with their priced gotten past customs or built lasers here. I've offered to be basically be over charged but none yet have been my way yet but i still try. I have gotten all my lasers from Overseas and sweated it out whether customs will take a liking to them. But I've been lucky at the moment 3/4 of my total amount have gotten in the rest, some custom officer has probably taken it home for his amusement. I don't believe the nice goodies get destroyed just the nasty ones drugs etc. I'm waiting and have been for over a week for another guy to her back to me on a green laser if he does i have a lower powered one i can let go. Ie one in that's better i can sell the old one best of luck

Last edited:

NKO29

^ I'd be interested in where alot of the "fun" stuff goes... But im sure only a minority goes home with customs officers. If it were a large percentage, it would easily be detectable as they are meant to send you a proper letter explaining what happened to your post.

This is true but there was a long thread just recently, that i explain in detail that basically says, once they have taken your laser getting it back is nearly impossible and if you lose the case after putting a pile of paperwork they will fine you as well and there's a fee just to to apply to get the laser or whatever item back. .a laser by default imported in Australia with be illegal and they know it so its not worth the effort time,and money trying to beat customs .Hence my point being they keep the items taken somewhere for a while for the odd item someone is trying to get back then they can do whatever they want when enough time has past, hence a custom officer getting my laser ...they arnt going to destroy everything thay grab as illegal certainly not the boys toys stuff, nasty stuff yes but alcohol and cigarettes etc will go to a better home in their opinion .I'm 50 so I've been around a bit and now ppl that have customs officers as friends and word gets out what happens to the nice stuff they grab given enough time

Last edited:

NKO29

HAHA just i was reading that i bought a 5mW DX.com laser to test customs lol :) I think i posted in that that thread you're talking about if its the one where a HOST was seized...

Yeah thats the thread host taken ,shouldn't have been but trying to get it back is it really worth it.

zaku

Thanks for the replies it's got me thinking a bit might try buy a cheap and nasty one and see if it gets to me and also might try and buy a module there is a store in Sydney that sells a 15mw green one but they want $80 for it!!! id much rather buy locally and blaster if you could pm me if your upgrade is successful I would be interested to take your old one thanks..... How strong is it btw?? And how strong will your new one be?

The new one if the guy gets back to me is 300mW plus green and one of my old ones around 60 mW green plenty bright enough you will need glasses ,im sure i will have one i can sell to you soon i have a few spares i will let you know

NKO29

@blaster, i'm interested in a 532nm also :p Contact me if you have anything to sell :)

Thanks for the replies it's got me thinking a bit might try buy a cheap and nasty one and see if it gets to me and also might try and buy a module there is a store in Sydney that sells a 15mw green one but they want $80 for it!!! id much rather buy locally and blaster if you could pm me if your upgrade is successful I would be interested to take your old one thanks..... How strong is it btw?? And how strong will your new one be?
Only 80$ for 15mW rip.off you would be better getting an ebay pointer off than Aussie eBay dealer called supertech all of his eBay pens are well over speced and only cost 8 dollars each most are 40 mW for green 60 mW for Violet and 120 plus mW for red i have about 8 of each because they are putting out that much power at least and have been reliable, they are a good start at 8 dollars each,most are more power than that but that's about the lowest power you will get ,and yes if a 532 comes up i will let you know probably quite soon

AUSBEN

Well im doing an aussie experiment

I have ordered the following,

5mW Core from wicked lasers.

15mW Viper from Dragon lasers.

Im in perth western aussie.

All up it cost me $160 for both lasers + postage.

Wish me luck ill keep you updated.
and yes i know they were both very expensive.

NKO29

I'll reply back here if i get the "naughty import" note in the mail :p

Well it so happens that the person who got their host seized was me! hahaha.. anyway, I'd recommend building your own lasers like buying a dpss module, host and a battery since it's 'legal' to import these components. Anyway, best of luck :)

I'll reply back here if i get the "naughty import" note in the mail :p
i got last 7/7 in past customs so if no mention of its a laser and no battery or charger called a torch or flashlight only or stage lighting you should have no trouble, batteries flag customs they show up real easy on xray then they open parcel wave it good bye