Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LASERS for SALE

For the 1W 660nm:

Title on page 1 says 650nm? Just wanted to let you know?

What's the divergence like, and is the "dot" round or bar/line-shaped?

gismo

For the 1W 660nm:

Title on page 1 says 650nm? Just wanted to let you know?

What's the divergence like, and is the "dot" round or bar/line-shaped?

The 660nm title comes from the actual laserbtb.com website, you could have clicked on it to see;). This laser should be rather labeled as a 650nm wavelength laser in all fairness.

Divergence is acceptable enough, unlike the high powered 1W 635nm "cherry red" it gives rather round dot. For more information you can check the following review by a good old member Smeerworst (hopefully he approves:)):

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/review-skylasers-pl650-1000mw-78913.html

Payment sent. Very pleased with the transaction, gismo is a great guy to deal with. Now I wait for my C6 and phobos to arrive:)

gismo

Payment sent. Very pleased with the transaction, gismo is a great guy to deal with. Now I wait for my C6 and phobos to arrive:)

Thank you for swift payment:beer:. PM for more details sent.

Last edited:

gismo

OP updated with the following laser:

13032160143_ac60999203_c.jpg

13032152335_f8bedcd309_c.jpg

SPECIAL RED LASERS OFFER: 1W 650nm SkyLaser + 1W 638nm minisabre V2 as a combo for a price of $300 now! Registered shipping with tracking number already included:beer:.

Serious buyers are welcome!

Last edited:
Your MINISABRE V2 is really nice...questions:

1. Confirm batteries not included? Have my own good 14500s and wouldn't want problems with Postal Service.

2. I understand the G lens used allows more power but sacrifices beam specs. Can I use a 3-element glass lens on this? Must be AR-coated?

3. Duty cycle?

4. Only an hour of use? Why so little and why selling? It's awesome! :beer:

Pman

The low hours on his lasers aren't surprising at all. Only a few of my pen lasers have more than a few minutes on them. A lot of us kind of collect or build and then not really use them after initial measurements.
Happen to be from upstate N.Y. Five? Can't remember if I asked you before.

Last edited:

gismo

Your MINISABRE V2 is really nice...questions:

1. Confirm batteries not included? Have my own good 14500s and wouldn't want problems with Postal Service.

2. I understand the G lens used allows more power but sacrifices beam specs. Can I use a 3-element glass lens on this? Must be AR-coated?

3. Duty cycle?

4. Only an hour of use? Why so little and why selling? It's awesome! :beer:

Very well, FiveTwentyThreeHundredmW/Mr. Bean:), I'll try to give you satisfactory answers:

1) Correct, no batts included. As you stated, less hassle with transport overseas.

2) Yes, 3-element glass lens is applicable, recommended and well priced is the one from DTR's laser shop (600-800nm wavelength)

3) 1min max recommended runtime to preserve diode's longevity, you can go above, but it'd be your call. 1min off at least for a cool down.

4) Pman pretty much answered the usage question:beer:. I've been a collector in a first place, all my lasers are stored in a massive rifle gun case so they don't collect dust;). Reason for sale? Much more expensive and sophisticated hobby: photography. Quality lenses cost a lot.

Now, if you're happy enough with these answers, a PM is much welcome.

Last edited:
The low hours on his lasers aren't surprising at all. Only a few of my pen lasers have more than a few minutes on them. A lot of us kind of collect or build and then not really use them after initial measurements.

I see what you mean. But a high-power laser with great visibility begs to be used IMO...

My SciFi 445 1.6W gets used really often. Indoors mostly. I absolutely love shooting the beam across my room and admiring it. Rayleigh Scattering truly makes a science fiction dream come true. In the process of writing up a review. I measured its divergence as 0.85mRad using the 3 element glass. 1.6W and under 1mRad... :D

Not to get off topic... :beer:

Very well, FiveTwentyThreeHundredmW/Mr. Bean:), I'll try to give you satisfactory answers:

1) Correct, no batts included. As you stated, less hassle with transport overseas.

2) Yes, 3-element glass lens is applicable, recommended and well priced is the one from DTR's laser shop (600-800nm wavelength)

3) 1min max recommended runtime to preserve diode's longevity, you can go above, but it'd be your call. 1min off at least for a cool down.

4) Pman pretty much answered the usage question:beer:. I've been a collector in a first place, all my lasers are stored in a massive rifle gun case so they don't collect dust;). Reason for sale? Much more expensive and sophisticated hobby: photography. Quality lenses cost a lot.

Now, if you're happy enough with these answers, a PM is much welcome.

Thanks very much. Yup I had DTR's shop in mind from the start :D And yeah, photography is major money...

Really 1 minute? I read the thread of the maker and the diode looked decently-sinked...hmm

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
GR3EN, you just beat me to it, I was just about to send gizmo a pm for that unit; glad to see it going to a good guy though. :beer:
That's great deal for 1W of 650nm, and you you're probably getting one of the best treated, least used lasers around; not to mention that gismo is a super guy to deal with! :)

Last edited: