Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laserpointerstore or olike

so here is another question, what might be the best lpf mod or diy that would be in the same price range? ($70) tops. even a used something that is good quality higher output 532 nm, 100mw and up.

Have you checked out SurvivalLaser.com to see their offerings yet? They sell host kits. If you buy a member made host and then add parts, you will probably be over that 70 dollar limit.

Edit: Here's a cheap direct to wavelength diode kit, without a diode.

https://www.survivallaser.com/Bargain_No-Diode_Host_Bundle/p556088_14474091.aspx

You might be able to build something suitable for your likes for under 70 dollars with that kit, depending on which diode you buy.

Last edited:

Gazen

Does it have to be 532nm dpss? Survivallasers is a good choice for diy diode builds, they have some packages that make it easy, but they don’t have a dpss kit. You have to do some machining or find a module that would fit.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the Survival Laser C6 kit beyond a photo, anyone know if there are any 12 mm diameter DPSS modules which will fit in it?

That C6 kit uses a small anodized heat sink. I believe it is only for lower power builds, though I'm certain several members have used more powerful ones in them. I personally, would limit the power to 500 mW. At most, 1 watt. It just doesn't have enough mass in the aluminum heat sink to wick away more heat than that.

That C6 kit uses a small anodized heat sink. I believe it is only for lower power builds, though I'm certain several members have used more powerful ones in them. I personally, would limit the power to 500 mW. At most, 1 watt. It just doesn't have enough mass in the aluminum heat sink to wick away more heat than that.

i have actually been using my pltb450b 1.7W build in the c6 for over a year and it still works great. i kind of push the boundaries a bit sometimes when i leave it on more than 60 seconds but it doesnt get too warm. its probably because i used thermal compoind between the module and heatsink. ive actually seen some people use the C6 for the M44 diode :eg:

Last edited:

GSS

i have actually been using my pltb450b 1.7W build in the c6 for over a year and it still works great. i kind of push the boundaries a bit sometimes when i leave it on more than 60 seconds but it doesnt get too warm. its probably because i used thermal compoind between the module and heatsink. ive actually seen some people use the C6 for the M44 diode :eg:
Well, at least the 2 16340 batterys will die before that NUM44 will get to hot in a C6.:)

I want to know who has tried putting a NUBM44 diode in the C6 host? Might as well run your PLTB-450B in a module alone as you are talking about over 17 watts of waste heat to contend with.

I want to know who has tried putting a NUBM44 diode in the C6 host? Might as well run your PLTB-450B in a module alone as you are talking about over 17 watts of waste heat to contend with.

hey paul, I apologize it was the SX4 host that Gary did a couple years ago. i guess you probably could do an M44 diode with sxd 4.5A in a C6 host but your Duty cycle would be 15 seconds :crackup:

Last edited:

GSS

??
They are the same laser, but maby its been metered and binned??
I'm sorry to mention this, but till this laser is proven you should of gotten 2 metered 100mw 301's from Sanwu for the same price..

Last edited:
right. the options for it though are choosing a color and power output. the 2 (532nm) options are 50mw and 100mw. th 50mw will be in the host with no additional charge the 100mw will cost an extra $15. so i am a newb. does this mean different diodes or is it probably just higher amps on the same module?

@Michael3

Instead of posting two or three times in a few minutes time, try using the edit icon on the bottom right of your last post. You can then add information instead of triple posting....which is highly frowned on here.

The only difference between the 50 mW and 100 mW lasers are the driver current. You could buy these for as little as $5.00 on eBay and find one that is outputting more than the others. I still don't get why people spend extra money to get these same lasers from Sanwu, or anyone else, as they are the SAME lasers. If you want to get a higher output, pot mode it yourself.

Last edited:
@Michael3

Instead of posting two or three times in a few minutes time, try using the edit icon on the bottom right of your last post. You can then add information instead of triple posting....which is highly frowned on here.

The only difference between the 50 mW and 100 mW lasers are the driver current. You could buy these for as little as $5.00 on eBay and find one that is outputting more than the others. I still don't get why people spend extra money to get these same lasers from Sanwu, or anyone else, as they are the SAME lasers. If you want to get a higher output, pot mode it yourself.
sorry about that. thank you for the pointer.