Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserlands 5mW 520nm Pointer with pics.

diachi

Wow didn't realize that you were still waiting. Are you seeing movement in tracking?

Last update a week ago translates to:

Leave [Beijing Terminal] Transportation Canada 2017-02-08 12: 53: 45.0

So looks like it is on its way, just a waiting game now... Could even be in the mail when I get home for lunch, fingers crossed! :D

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Last update a week ago translates to:

Leave [Beijing Terminal] Transportation Canada 2017-02-08 12: 53: 45.0

So looks like it is on its way, just a waiting game now... Could even be in the mail when I get home for lunch, fingers crossed! :D

Mine was like that. Then it updated to saying it was in the UK, and then the next day it arrived if I remember correctly.

diachi

Mine was like that. Then it updated to saying it was in the UK, and then the next day it arrived if I remember correctly.

Won't be surprised if mine shows up before the tracking updates. Tracking is almost pointless up here.

Anyway - back to you! It's your thread. :beer:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Won't be surprised if mine shows up before the tracking updates. Tracking is almost pointless up here.

It would be good if it does. Anyway, yes stop hijacking my thread Diachi. :D Not really, no problem at all. :p

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Very nice review Curtis! I have a few photos I need to post as well but rather than duplicate your effort I'll add them here in a bit.

Mine just LPM'ed at 9.61 mW running on 9 volts. I've ordered a set or RCR123 but I got tired of waiting so I managed to shoehorn 3 CR2 primary cells into the thing. This laser wakes up at about 7 volts and is at it's 85 mA setpoint by 7.5 volts. At 9 volts it's only drawing an extra 1 mA so I feel pretty safe with this arrangement.

Yeah, nice little host! I'd feel pretty comfortable doing an M140 build with this host and getting reasonable run times.

The only thing I'd deduct points for: there is no hard cutoff on the driver. This laser will kill unprotected cells if you leave it on accidentally. Even at only 3 volts input it is still drawing ~9-10 mA.

To the person whose original complaint got me a free laser; Thanks! Now try some different batteries. This must have 3.6 or 3.7 volt batteries. 3 volt CR123A batteries won't cut it.

And my sincere thanks to Laserlands for a nice little addition to my collection!

Reactions: GSS

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thank you WizardG, go ahead. :) Nearly 10 mW. Very nice. Good point on the unprotected cells. And I definitely recommend using 3.7v cells. This laser seems to perform well at a higher voltage. Try and stay above 6.8v. :beer:

I can say that mine is noticeably different than my 520nm pen build and shinning them both through a grating confirmed that it is lower in wavelength. These are also focus able if you turn the very front portion.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Interesting, they may not all be arriving 520nm then. Mine seems slightly higher. :beer:
Something extra for everyone, the tail cap is phosphorescent (glow in the dark) as I found out last night. :p

Reactions: GSS

GSS

I'm guessing nothing yet?:(

diachi

I'm guessing nothing yet?:(

Nope, I do have a package waiting at Purolator, but I'm thinking that's my bench PSU or soldering station.

I'm expecting more things to show up today, I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)