Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LaserFerret signing in!

Hello LPF! I got my first "real" laser today and I can already see the money pouring out of my pockets for more!

Big thanks to swimminsurfer256 for my greenie I got on his ebay listing for only 12 dollars, It is unbelievably brighter than those cheapy .5 mW red things which I own many of.

Some pics:

The laser:

laserpicresize.JPG

The dot:

laserpicresize2.JPG

Can't wait until nightime...when I saw the beam visible in a dim room I was so happy I couldn't stop laughing!

I am a big fan of lighting in general, I am a very dedicated member of my high school lights crew. I recently bought a maglite XL100, and when I saw there was a section in these forums for lights I knew this was the place for me.

On a final note: (as if it wasn't already apparent)

I love lasers!!!

HA! another victim *rubs hands together evilly* my plan to rob every cent from noobs by causing them to buy cheap novelty lasers is working! *cue evil laugh*

Btw the cheap red lasers will break instantly if you take them apart but a few lucky people (myself included) have been able to modify the green ones without breaking them.

ooohhhh myyyy gaawwddd I just shined the laser outside and you can SEE the Beam! Up until I found this forum I thought that was only possible with exetremely high powered lasers. Gaaaaahhh now i'm hooked and must buy/make more lasers. Man, I love this hobby!

I find it very hard to rip myself away from the forum, so much good stuff!

I'd rather not modify my green laser until I have much more experience, as for the cheap red ones, i have already modded some a bit...more power, focusing the lens better, that sort of thing. They simply don't compare to what I have now. I know my green ~25 mW pointer is still weak to most of the people on this forum. But as of yet it's the brightest laser these eyes have seen :cool:

Now wait till you start investing some $$$ in this hobby, you get some serious lasers :cool:
Just check out my avatar, that green beam is visible with the lights on and the window open!