Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laserbtb Quality Laser?

I was having a look through some of the lasers on laserbtb and found this one:

HL 405,445,450nm

A 1000mw 445nm laser for $101 seams really appealing:drool: Can I trust laserbtb? If anyone has ever ordered from them do they sell quality lasers? Are they on or over spec? If my order gets lost while shipping or confiscated at Canadian customs would they be willing to send another one? O and with this laser specifically would I be able to see the beam in:

day time with no fog or smoke?
day time with fog or smoke?
night time with no fog or smoke?

I have the 405nm 100mW laser host, the host is really sturdy and solid and yea most their lasers are overspec they are known for this and their prices are low ja but today a 1W laser should not cost that much they cost way more several years ago not now tho..

Sadly they seem to have gotten a bit worse lately not sure why,, i would say u can order but it can be a bit problem if it gets lost or stolen, someone here had its laser delivered to someone else and they seem to refused to helped him with this case..

Last edited:
I have the 405nm 100mW laser host, the host is really sturdy and solid and yea most their lasers are overspec they are known for this and their prices are low ja but today a 1W laser should not cost that much they cost way more several years ago not now tho..

Sadly they seem to have gotten a bit worse lately not sure why,, i would say u can order but it can be a bit problem if it gets lost or stolen, someone here had its laser delivered to someone else and they seem to refused to helped him with this case..

Laserbtb sounds pretty good. I may consider them for a future laser purchase

and yes 1w blue 445 beam you dont need smoke or anything to see it, but if u shine it in fog it will look like star wars haha .

I just received my shipment from them yesterday. The laser seems to be good quality, and their customer service did everything I requested of them in a timely manner.

You have to keep in mind, with Chinese companies, that there is a 12 hour time difference between the Eastern USA and China, so sending an email at 2 PM your time will not get a response in 15 minutes. Getting in touch with them by telephone is not going to be an easy task.

I just received my shipment from them yesterday. The laser seems to be good quality, and their customer service did everything I requested of them in a timely manner.

You have to keep in mind, with Chinese companies, that there is a 12 hour time difference between the Eastern USA and China, so sending an email at 2 PM your time will not get a response in 15 minutes. Getting in touch with them by telephone is not going to be an easy task.

That's not been the problem lately. The problem is the guy ("Kevin", apparently :rolleyes:) seems to have a lack of awareness when it comes down to dealing with customers and can come off rude.

We hope it's just a few isolated cases and that they'll be back to their former glory..

I recently bought a 500mW HL405 and a 1000mW HL445 from laserbtb. They arrived in perfect working order and continue to perform flawlessly. They have become my go-to company for handheld lasers.

I just made an $700+ order with them and have sent a couple of emails in a last couple of days. I have not got an email back yet.

I am wondering if they are going to come through with the order.

if it ships out which judging by people here it does all orders you should be good, the problem is to worry if the lame stupid customs will steal your laser not if laserbtb will ship it out, they will..

Last edited:
That's not been the problem lately. The problem is the guy ("Kevin", apparently :rolleyes:) seems to have a lack of awareness when it comes down to dealing with customers and can come off rude.

We hope it's just a few isolated cases and that they'll be back to their former glory..

I don't know who was responding to my emails there, but the general production email seems to get a response within 12 hours or so. I think that's pretty much as good as it gets with a USA-China communication. I've dealt with companies that were far worse.

Maybe the trick is not to deal with Kevin, but to deal, instead, with whomever is answering the laser at laserBTB email.

Hey guys!

Do not forget to use my coupon when you order! Can save a lot of cash!

Also i have asked kevin about his response time on emails and complaints. I pointed out i saw negative threads on the forum. This is what he said:

Yes,the half year,there are 6 persons via paypal,and maybe laserbtb issues on the forum( I do not read the LPF the past 6 months).
4 persons: DHL and postal problems, they ask for refund fast,
I did have no more free time to reply them. and 2 persons prodcution problems,
but they did not provide pics and videos to me,just leave messages via paypal.

More people complain that communication with me is very slow,mostly the ask simple qustions like batteries delivery,and tracking .
all answers are on the laserbtb.

I want to do something about it, but I have no more free time to reply them on the LPF, some of them not tell the truth,
when they receive the laser,they just released the paypal issue. I have 20 kinds of things to do everyday,and I have several wholesalers to service.

So basically kevin has to many stuff to handle every day. And the 10 emails people are sending are not helping. By no means i try to get in between who is wrong and who is right.

But i told him i would try to help people with problems on the forum. If i see it happening at least. I am not as active as i used to be because of my job. Although i still really like the building.

It is simple to say just hire more personal to help. But that is expensive and then your lasers become more expensive. It is how a company decides to run his businessmodel.

Anyway just be calm i think kevin will come through in the end in most cases. As you see his english is not great. :p

Greetings!

Last edited:
Yea lol people need learn to read, i bet he gets spammed with emails everyday how insert batteries, where is my laser, why my laser does not burn paper in 2 seconds etc... so it seems there are not that many issues at all if you count the all orders and people that get their lasers and dont complain at all so thats good.

Hey guys!

Do not forget to use my coupon when you order! Can save a lot of cash!

Also i have asked kevin about his response time on emails and complaints. I pointed out i saw negative threads on the forum. This is what he said:

So basically kevin has to many stuff to handle every day. And the 10 emails people are sending are not helping. By no means i try to get in between who is wrong and who is right.

But i told him i would try to help people with problems on the forum. If i see it happening at least. I am not as active as i used to be because of my job. Although i still really like the building.

It is simple to say just hire more personal to help. But that is expensive and then your lasers become more expensive. It is how a company decides to run his businessmodel.

Anyway just be calm i think kevin will come through in the end in most cases. As you see his english is not great. :p

Greetings!

I used the coupon and wanted to thank you for it. It's great you all provide that here. This is a great forum.

My question for Laserbtb was on the ones that use the 16340 (CR123) Battery is there anyway to use the 18650 in place of them on there Lasers?

Maybe you all can answer this for me.

I used the coupon and wanted to thank you for it. It's great you all provide that here. This is a great forum.

My question for Laserbtb was on the ones that use the 16340 (CR123) Battery is there anyway to use the 18650 in place of them on there Lasers?

Maybe you all can answer this for me.

Hello,

No it is not possible to use an 18650 in a laser designed for two 16340's. This is due the fact the laser driver is designed for 7.4V and an 18650 only puts out half of that.

Greetings!

Robin

Hello,

No it is not possible to use an 18650 in a laser designed for two 16340's. This is due the fact the laser driver is designed for 7.4V and an 18650 only puts out half of that.

Greetings!

Robin

I figured that. Lol

I have flashlights that take 16340 and I can use one 18650 in there place. Whats the best 16340 rechargeables out there. I have plenty of sure fire 16340s but would like rechargeable ones sooner or later.