Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laserbtb pl-445nm 1.6w review w/pics

illiam

I ordered this complete laser from laserbtb.com
Order/shipping: i placed and payed for it on march 19 recieved It on wed. March 26
I used dhl express for a hefty price however. Shipping was fast coming from china.

Price: $147.60 445nm 1.6w blue laser you be the judge!

Customer service: i sent 1 email on March 23 to them asking about why dhl tracking was stuck at information recieved. I did investigate it was customer error. It was to early in the process to be asking or worried about that. It got through customs thats a big plus. However i never did get a reply so cant really say how it is. I

Packaging: came in a black and white plastic case. A cheap case but its free and nice gesture so pretty cool. Inside is layered in foam as to protect the laser. They rapped the case with bubble rap. Last thing all that is inside a dhl bag. I like that, extra protection! So felt pretty good about the protection going through shipping.

The host: i like the look i like the feel and its just the right length and width. Its heavy it feels like i am holding an expensive piece of equipment. I dont like the switch its plastic and the color is orangish red Feels like it will break off every time i push it. it kinda brings down the look of the entire host. Not enough to not purchase it though.

Parts inside the host: i couldnt tell ya iam new to lasers so i couldnt say if the driver is top notch, the diode, lense, the heat sinc, etc..

Power supply: i went to local vape shop here and purchased 2x 18350 efest batteries with nitecore intellicharger. These batteries were not recommended for this laser by laserbtb. I read about it from another lpf member review on this laser. trencheel303 his review is at http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/sky-pl445-1600-review-burning-video-87195.html nice review.

The beam: can be focused by turning the ring at the front. It comes in handy because the beam is strong and bright. In a lighted house you can see the beam. At night its bright the eyes just fade away into the beam. Brightest laser i own lol the only 1. The beam is awsome!

The burn: burns my hand great hahaha! No seriously anything you put in front of it burns and quick. Ive tried burning at different lengths too. Ten incheCyparagon:, two feet it just burns.

Duty cycle: well i have followed other lpf members advice. The advice is not to follow the advice printes on the label. Just till it starts to get warm. Then power off till its cool again. And dont store with battwries inside.

Pictures:
b57267318441210.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1ef603318441348.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
c31834318441432.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
4c9efa318441496.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
658b2c318441567.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
fb2511318441682.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
babe17318441766.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
92fd25318441839.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
683564318441846.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Adamgopro: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/my-first-review-pl-445nm-1600mw-laserbtb-pic-heavy-87142.html

Tha Greenlander: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/laserbtb-lp660-5-review-88287.html not of this laser but helped me to decide to go with the company.

Operator: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/laserbtb-skylasers-pl-445-1-6w-87754.html

Cyparagon: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/laserbtb-5mw-515nm-pointer-86177.html again not this laser but helped with company selection.

There are more those are a few that helped me decide the company and this laser thanks all.

My next purchase hopefully will be through an lpf member i have been looking at custom hosts. I like the idea about customization but it has to be in a good price range and funds are not up to par right now so ill research for now.

Last edited:

Re: laserbtb pl-445nm 1.6w review

I'm glad my, and other members reviews helped you make a good informed decision.

Good call on the 18350s. Although to some around here it's a bit of a laser "no no" - I'll admit I nowadays have a tendency to just leave batteries in the laser. Mainly because constantly unscrewing the tail cap to insert batteries not only gets tedious but also wears it out quick. I don't have kids, live in partner or pets (or poltergeists), so if the laser is switched off and safety lock it won't power on. As I use my lasers quite a lot it was a judgement call I made. I do remove batteries if I am to be out of the house for more than a day or so.

I'm surprised at your comment about the power button, mine feels positively sturdy and I've never known anyone else bring it up before.

My only advice/caution is if you don't have any safety glasses please get some sooner rather than later. 1.6watts is a lot of laser and it only takes a weak stray reflection to potentially hurt your eyes. If you look at my signature, I have two types which will cover 445nm, the certified ARG goggle and the first eagle pair I listed. Have a look at their reviews and on the survival laser website and get some, for your own safety and enjoyment.

Last edited:

illiam

I'm glad my, and other members reviews helped you make a good informed decision.

Good call on the 18350s. Although to some around here it's a bit of a laser "no no" - I'll admit I nowadays have a tendency to just leave batteries in the laser. Mainly because constantly unscrewing the tail cap to insert batteries not only gets tedious but also wears it out quick. I don't have kids, live in partner or pets (or poltergeists), so if the laser is switched off and safety lock it won't power on. As I use my lasers quite a lot it was a judgement call I made. I do remove batteries if I am to be out of the house for more than a day or so.

I'm surprised at your comment about the power button, mine feels positively sturdy and I've never known anyone else bring it up before.

My only advice/caution is if you don't have any safety glasses please get some sooner rather than later. 1.6watts is a lot of laser and it only takes a weak stray reflection to potentially hurt your eyes. If you look at my signature, I have two types which will cover 445nm, the certified ARG goggle and the first eagle pair I listed. Have a look at their reviews and on the survival laser website and get some, for your own safety and enjoyment.

Hey greenlander what is it they say about the 18350's? The button has been holding up since i got it so not bad like i thought. I a have looked all over the net and cant find a better looking host than this of course not compared to lpf members customs and sci-fi lasers.

Hey greenlander what is it they say about the 18350's? The button has been holding up since i got it so not bad like i thought. I a have looked all over the net and cant find a better looking host than this of course not compared to lpf members customs and sci-fi lasers.

I wasn't talking about 18350s specifically but that some advise it to be a "best practice" to remove batteries from the laser when not in use. I was just saying that I don't always do this as it's a pain to unload and re-load 8 lasers constantly... If you're safe and sensible, pet and child free (or have a lock box) it's not always necessary to remove all batteries, in my opinion.

If you get a chance to take pictures of the laser and upload them to your review they'd help give it some credence.

hey, i oredered the same laser a few weeks ago, then I had to pick it up at german customs which ended up in a seizure unfortunately :(
but laserbtb is a great company they sent me another one for free!! now it goes to the netherlands first then to germany.. i just wanted to throw that in.
German customs suck

illiam

hey, i oredered the same laser a few weeks ago, then I had to pick it up at german customs which ended up in a seizure unfortunately :(
but laserbtb is a great company they sent me another one for free!! now it goes to the netherlands first then to germany.. i just wanted to throw that in.
German customs suck

Dang beamer that sux i know was biting my toungue up until tracking said cleared customs. on laserbtb they say there lasers are fda approved but that doesnt mean anything to customs as they may take it anyway. Sounds like your countries customs are worse than ours! A crazy tought here but the more the powerful lasers get into consumer hands the more we have people going to jail for doing stupid stuff with lasers. You think they would let them through customs cause they want everyone in prison.

illiam

I wasn't talking about 18350s specifically but that some advise it to be a "best practice" to remove batteries from the laser when not in use. I was just saying that I don't always do this as it's a pain to unload and re-load 8 lasers constantly... If you're safe and sensible, pet and child free (or have a lock box) it's not always necessary to remove all batteries, in my opinion.

If you get a chance to take pictures of the laser and upload them to your review they'd help give it some credence.

Added pics.

German customs suck

That's a great result for you and very generous of laserbtb. I'm surprised laserbtb don't have a representative on here seeing as we have a reasonably close relationship with them (several group buys and a very good reputation).

Dang beamer that sux i know was biting my toungue up until tracking said cleared customs. on laserbtb they say there lasers are fda approved but that doesnt mean anything to customs as they may take it anyway. Sounds like your countries customs are worse than ours! A crazy tought here but the more the powerful lasers get into consumer hands the more we have people going to jail for doing stupid stuff with lasers. You think they would let them through customs cause they want everyone in prison.

FDA is only applicable to America, that's why the lasers won't have the FDA label if sent somewhere it doesn't apply, ie UK. Instead we have the CE and RoHS logos, etc. Still, the FDA seems to love a good moan about any portable laser above 5mW nowadays. Clever packaging seems to be the way to go these days, and rightly so.