Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserbtb Handheld 100mW 532nm IR filtered laser

sorry for necroposting but I FOUND THE PROBLEM! i never sent it to laserbtb, but recently when messing around with it i found out that when i press the button while its on (or mess around with the button at all) the laser gets brighter and becomes more stable! i think it has a faulty button, and becuase it does not provide stable current it makes the laser itself unstable.

gozert

Sounds just like the problems with some Jetlasers' 532nm's. Except with this laser there's no tailcap.

Btw, it's not really a necropost if you have something valuable to add.

ok so i contacted laserbtb and told them that i discovered the problem. i requested a 50$ coupon off my next purchase becuase i don't know if they would be willing to do any more, and i figure the laser is worth the other $50. they agreed, and i am awaiting the details on it but it sounds like i'm going to be getting a $50 coupon. YAY!

gozert

That coupon is more than deserved. Glad they agreed on it. Have fun spending it!

Glad to hear this! :yh: Maybe you can change this switch with a good one and have your laser 100% again.

Last edited:
That coupon is more than deserved. Glad they agreed on it. Have fun spending it!

sure will! well, i wont have fun deciding what to spend it on :undecided:

Glad to hear this! :yh: Maybe you can change this switch with a good one and have your laser 100% again.

maybe, but these lasers are built like a rock. i think id break it if i tried to replace the switch. maybe if i send it to lazeerer he could do it without destroying everything. i can't with my "skill" level XD

Shame u would still be better off if u sent it in, clearly a issue that should be covered since its under warranty but its your decision... these lasers arent meant really to take apart which in this case doesnt help u much really the laser should have been flawless since day 1 if u ask me.

kilter

Definitely something wrong as others have said. Looks like its almost acting like a yellow! :na:

If I may make a recommendation to spend that coupon on. I bought a BTB 50mW 520 pen from a member here and it's one of my favorite lasers in my collection. The quality is amazing. Even has a tiny key switch and comes with an additional tail cap in case you rather not have that safety feature. Mine avg 65mW and peaks over a 100mW ! Best 60$ I've ever spent on a laser.
I just bought a Pl600 BTB from a member here and it's my new favorite host. The quality is top notch. If I put it in my pocket for a few minutes it settles out at over 700mW and has peaked at 920mW. I plan on selling a few lasers and buying more PL's.
I've been trying to buy a 445 PL from the BST section for 5 days but the seller hasn't gotten back to me yet.
Anyone want to buy my scifi 501b 445 lol. I'm going to replace it with a BTB.

Last edited:
the pens are actually not that good quality, flimsy metal button and the batteries rattle inside since the tube is too big so the batteries dont have good contact compared to my old wicked lasers pen its ten times better.

the pens are actually not that good quality, flimsy metal button and the batteries rattle inside since the tube is too big so the batteries dont have good contact compared to my old wicked lasers pen its ten times better.

Really? Are we talking about the same pen? because I think this laser pointer is very good quality, solid as a rock and the button is anything but flimsy. Maybe they have improved them since you got yours.
eb111e1c-0614-4bef-a0cc-a80e7a7f48a4_zpsuu2fsc6a.jpg