Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LaserBees and Third-Party Software

ARG

The point is it doesn't _need_ protection. There is literally no way you could damage it short of sending higher voltages into the RX pin, and if you're using a plain ol USB-TTL adapter, it's not gonna happen.

Jerry includes a USB-TLL adapter with the LPM's, if the included adapter is used then all will be fine, and in the case of the 2.5W USB it has it built in.

Trevor

Jerry includes a USB-TLL adapter with the LPM's, if the included adapter is used then all will be fine, and in the case of the 2.5W USB it has it built in.

Yep!

And then even in the WORST case scenario, if someone plugged a LaserBee straight into a serial port, damage still could not occur.

Trevor

IsaacT

My bet is that he will flee this thread like he did the last one. Honestly I am unsure why he bothered posting in this one at all. I figured we would see a thread of waiting for an official reply....still think it might turn into that.

-Isaac

It's a good question.......me as a laser user looking buy another LPM, if I buy a Laserbee can I use 3rd party software (not firmware) without voiding the warrantee?

I'll ask this one again, hopefully Jerry will answer:beer:
ATB
MM

ARG

Legal Disclaimer

Please be advised that this disclaimer is for Legal reasons and
to be absolutely clear.

J.BAUER Electronics is the sole designer and manufacturer of all
the LaserBee Laser Power Meter products and is the sole owner
of all copyrights and trademarks for the LaserBee™ products and
the EagleEye™ software.

Anyone that implements/uses any unauthorized nor approved nor
tested (by J.BAUER Electronics) 3rd party firmware on any of our
products will unconditionally void any Warranty and/or any present
or future Customer Service for their LaserBee product.

This or any future unauthorized 3rd part mimicking of our Intellectual
Property (IP) and work product is not recognized, recommended
or approved to be used on any LaserBee product ever manufactured
by J.BAUER Electronics.

I usually just skim through legal disclaimers, I missed this detail entirely.

Anyone that implements/uses any unauthorized nor approved nor
tested (by J.BAUER Electronics) 3rd party firmware on any of our
products will unconditionally void any Warranty and/or any present
or future Customer Service for their LaserBee product.

Did you miss the subject of this thread? It is about interface software, and NOT firmware.
That legal disclaimer is entirely irrelevant to this thread. :crackup:

P.S. You forgot to add a ™ when you mentioned LaserBee in the last sentence of the legal disclaimer.

Last edited:
My bet is that he will flee this thread like he did the last one. Honestly I am unsure why he bothered posting in this one at all. I figured we would see a thread of waiting for an official reply....still think it might turn into that.

-Isaac

You know, Jerry is a businessman. He probably has a much busier life than many of do here. Just a reminder that this is the internet, and its silly to say someone has fled a thread just because they don't seem to spend a large amount of time on the web.

There are 4-5 threads here that he has been expected to be fully present in at all times. :undecided:

Trevor

You know, Jerry is a businessman. He probably has a much busier life than many of do here. Just a reminder that this is the internet, and its silly to say someone has fled a thread just because they don't seem to spend a large amount of time on the web.

There are 4-5 threads here that he has been expected to be fully present in at all times. :undecided:

Well, he already took the time to type out a nice, long reply to the OP... and skirted around the issue entirely.

I suppose in doing that he's already proven my conclusion, but we might as well keep the thread alive and wait for him to respond.

Trevor

Last edited:

ARG

He's been commenting in the Pergerine thread, and avoided the questions and comments directed to him there.

He commented in my thread about the accuracy of LaserBee's and answered every question with a very long reply and didn't respond to the one big question:
Are his TEC based LPM's are individually curve adjusted?

He commented in this thread with a very long reply and didn't answer the one question the thread had:
Can the LaserBee's be damaged from reading serial data? If so, how?

Those are very short questions and the answer can be as simple as a yes or no statement.

Every time someone raises a good question/comment about his products or one that would be undesirable for him to answer it seems like he avoids it entirely and skirts around the main issue at hand.

Last edited:
Well everyone here has flame wars about which lpm is better, so i want someone to sell me a lpm for a good price i don't even know who to buy from anymore.

ARG

Well everyone here has flame wars about which lpm is better, so i want someone to sell me a lpm for a good price i don't even know who to buy from anymore.

There's other options besides LaserBee and myself. The BlueFan basic is a cheap, good LPM.

If you don't want to buy from anyone at all:
You can easily DIY your own LPM with an Ophir head and a multimeter, pre calibrated and very easy to set up. If you ever want to add data logging you can do that DIY as well (link in my sig)

You can also DIY a TEC based LPM if you have a laser of a known power output, check out MarioMasters 50$ DIY LPM thread or my Open source LPM (link in my sig)

Edit: I should also say, this is not a flamewar. There's just been a few things brought up recently about accuracy and third party software that need to be addressed.

Last edited:
There's other options besides LaserBee and myself. The BlueFan basic is a cheap, good LPM.

If you don't want to buy from anyone at all:
You can easily DIY your own LPM with an Ophir head and a multimeter, pre calibrated and very easy to set up. If you ever want to add data logging you can do that DIY as well (link in my sig)

You can also DIY a TEC based LPM if you have a laser of a known power output, check out MarioMasters 50$ DIY LPM thread or my Open source LPM (link in my sig)

Edit: I should also say, this is not a flamewar. There's just been a few things brought up recently about accuracy and third party software that need to be addressed.

ur lpm is the lpm i want to buy! D:

Trevor

ARG

Interesting. I wonder why Jerry never went after OpenBee, but instead goes after Pergerine that helps add native support for MacOSX on his products. :thinking: