Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser to melt plastic bag?

mothman

There's a large tree outside my house that's had a plastic bag stuck in its branches for years. Every winter when the leaves fall I'm reminded of this eyesore. It's too high up to get some sort of telescoping pole to get it down (probably 30-40 feet off the ground), and equally distant from my window. Had a thought the other day that i might be able to use a laser to melt parts of it and detach it from the tree that way. But! I have no idea what type of laser I would need to do this. Any help would be appreciated!

Another interesting first post.
but, anyway....
You have a better chance of using your mind to telekinetically remove the bag. Just picture the bag falling out of the tree in your minds eye
mind.jpg

Your hand won't be steady enough at that distance. Try a rock or small weight and string. Toss the weight up at your target and try to snag it. Or practice throwing a football at it. That worked for me.
That said, Even if you did try to use the laser pointer, you would burn it out trying.

Encap

You could always climb up the tree or get some guy who can get close enough to clear the bag with a pruner on a pole or whatever else would work.
Call a tree service guy/place.

You could always climb up the tree or get some guy who can get close enough to clear the bag with a pruner on a pole or whatever else would work.
Call a tree service guy/place.
Lol, Ill send my husband. That's what he did for the power company.

i would call up the Air force and see if theyll get that bad ass 1 MegaWatt Airborne laser in the skies and fire that bad boy up. it might Vaporize your tree in half and burn a hole in the world but that bag will be gone :) lol!

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Uh no it won't. Are you mad? Don't hand out false information.

Anyways a laser is not the solution for this at all
Agreed. It would be just as likely to work, and just as likely to start a fire, as trying to knock it outta the tree by launching bottle rockets at it.