Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Surprise!

Earlier tonight i went out to my back yard to use my green laser. I have an 8ft stone wall along my property with a 6ft fence running perpendicular. I had set out a box in the corner a couple of day ago and was going to shine the laser at it. I had my glasses on so I couldn't see too well in the dark. As soon as I turned on the laser 2 HUGE possums fell off the 8ft wall and hauled tail through my yard. I hadn't even seen them up there. I don't who scared who more

Last edited:

Ha, those are some ugly creatures when they open their mouths, well, ugly in general, but I've never seen a more vicious set of teeth except on a shark.

Earlier tonight i went out to my back yard to use my green laser. I have an 8ft stone wall along my property with a 6ft fence running perpendicular. I had set out a box in the corner a couple of day ago and was going to shine the laser at it. I had my glasses on so I couldn't see too well in the dark. As soon as I turned on the laser 2 HUGE possums fell off the 8ft wall and hauled tail through my yard. I hadn't even seen them up there. I don't who scared who more

Hey Crackula wazzup ?

I searched crackula online and found some strange stuff.

2_midi.jpg

crackula.jpg

Crackula0001.jpg

th

avatars-000020889127-80dz6o-t500x500.jpg

GT-Puppet-Rabies.gif

From Urban Dictionary

crackula

Someone who feasts on crack cocaine, or meth anphetamines, causing them to stay up all night and then sleeping all day

'

Last edited:

GSS

They are some nasty critters.. It's also the time of the year where at least I live that i'm seeing the poor things dead on the road from being hit by cars. Probably seen 4 in the past week that have been pretty mangled as some just keep driving over them:(

We have more raccoons here than possums. IIRC, possums carry some nasty diseases too. You should never go near one. Even dead they can infect you.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I'm not a real fan of opossums, but I came across this informational photo of some opossums on Imgur, and I'll admit I learned a bit about the critters.

XwWgjW8.jpg

Benm

Opossums have a decent set of teeth in them alright, but they will never try to bite you unless you try to grab hold of them or corner them or something.

The only nasty thing about them is that they actually aren't that scared of things at all - they'll run into your kitchen and steal food if you leave a door or even window open.

Those ones on your wall might have been there every day for years, perhaps eating something from your garden plants or trash at night... that laser must have given them quite the scare. Fun experiment: try doing it every night for a while. They'll either stay away, or figure out that the laser poses no major threat them (i don't suppose they have a concept of eye safety or see the correlation between the lasers and other ones going blind) and then and start to ignore it.

Opossum was the correct spelling when I was a kid, but since my spell check didn't go off on possum, I had to look it up. The New American Dictionary states the opossum are a variety that live in Australia and possums are now the correct spelling for what we have here in the US. Don't come after me with examples where this is wrong because I'm only reporting what I found. :)

Benm

No idea about that, but they are basically the same critter anyway right?

GSS

I'm not a real fan of opossums, but I came across this informational photo of some opossums on Imgur, and I'll admit I learned a bit about the critters.

XwWgjW8.jpg
Wow, I had no idea to just how good they are for the environment.
It's awful though how many drivers I see that go out of their way to run them over:mad:

At first I thought you were talking about crackulas getting hit on the road :crackup:

I saw a possum on the road really late one night, it showed off one nasty set of teeth, like a tiger fish or something.

Benm

It's always a bit of a thing when looking at animals - some see them as vermin because the enter their homes and such, others as useful because they eat other things they don't want entering their homes ;)

As in people running them over with their cars - i guess some do it on purpose, sometimes it's just bad luck. Here we have a huge population of pigeons, to the point people refer to them as flying rats. They're obviously not directly dangerous to humans, but they shit all over everything and damage buildings etc as well. I'm not driving around swerving to run them over, but i don't avoid it either. It's been quite some time since i last hit one though... and the population isn't declining, i guess they are just evolving the wits to avoid being run over :D

I know them well. The Florida private zoo where I worked a few years had a big one... not a nice critter.
One of the other zookeepers found a tiny baby--eyes still closed-he bottle raised it and often had it on his shoulder. .... anyway I thought I knew everything about them.
Came face to face (about 12 inches away) with a fat one just a few years back,, we def. surprized the 5hit of eachother,
Jump ahead to a few months ago-- was taking the trash late afternoon to the *****ter.
.... somebody had dumped a dead one--w/ lots of blood on its face and body--shame on them shooting this poor critter, no way can they or the raccoons climb inside w/o 'help' when the lids are closed (my pet peeve w/ my neighbors)-- I came back after dark w/more trash.
a box had been dumped and the dead possum was covered up,
I moved that trash and was truly surprized when the dead possum snarled loudly --showing its many sharp teeth AND the litter of babies clinging to her--body-- got tricked again. There were no babies showing the first time..
I placed a plank into the *****ter and another going down the the ground and within 10 minutes the dead possum (& BABIES) were gone.

Reactions: GSS
Say, Len. Something you might not know is armadillos carry leprosy, or Hanson's disease. They can pass it on to you even when they are dead. So, do be careful around them.