Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Shower to heal skin surface injuries

anselm

Looks like freaking snake-oil, if you ask me.
Like energy pyramids and healing crystals and stuff like that.

I wish all charlatan quacks who steal sick peoples money selling some
"miracle cure" should burn in HELL. And very soon too.

No no Anselm, please Google that in German. This seams to be really serious.

After my Motobike Crash i went to Laser Therapy and that was surely not a charlatan thing. Since then i belive there is a lot more Laser is able to do.

Last edited:

Benm

Well, there is also the option of demonstrating that something works better than placebo. Looking at the picture on the nasa website, you could easily make a setup where the patient cannot see if the device is on or not. As long as it doesn't produce heating that you can actually feel, such a control would be fine.

It's difficult to judge which medical applications of lasers are real, and which are quack. Lasers are, for example, used in dermatology and are a proven treatment for some conditions. A quack could probably administer a very similar treatment with equipment that doesnt do much at all, without the patient really knowing.

The best way to tell is probably just by the person administering such treatments - if they are medical doctors with a proper degree, chances are the treatment is legit, or at least plausible.

If it's advertised as any kind of 'alternative medicine' I'd stay away from it... such things are likely to be ineffective at best, and sometimes even harmful.

The use of lasers in such procedures is worrysome - so far, most of the apparatus used is just non-fuctional low powered crap, but what if the alternative medicine takes on 1 watt 445 lasers to 'treat' something?

Maybe this is not the case.

But there are many others, where is demonstrated that red laser radiation, stimulates VEGF.

Ironically, the same laser that make hair ablation, just in a sub-wattage, does not ablate follicles, but stimulates blood vessel, increase healing in certain specific disease. All those inflammatory processes that are related to vase-constriction (tipically, a post surgery or several kind of arthrits) get advantage of this kind of laser stimulation.

Is something that can be experimented with any red laser able to burn (100 or 200mw), just passing it several times on the surface of your skin, makes it RED and swallen after 10 or 20 seconds of passing (of course, not focusing on a specific point..or you get a....laserburn :) ) do you ever worried what happens to red skin? inside, blood vessel are heavily stimulated, as a direct consequence of swollen blood vessel, in that area, the blood circulation is increased so healing will be faster.

Indeed, laser is widely used into medical field, with effectiveness.. but mostly, to ablate external or internal surface.

10.600 CO2 laser, for example, is the holy grail of skin disease, extetical defects and scars.

Last edited:
(1) ACCELERATED TISSUE REPAIR
The most common example of the conversion of light energy into chemical energy is photosynthesis, where plants manufacture food from carbon dioxide and water. Light energy from the sun is the essential item in that process. No reasonable person disputes photosynthesis, it is a well-known process that converts photons of light energy into chemical energy. The action of laser light is quite similar to photosynthesis in plants. Photons of light from a laser penetrate deeply into tissue and power the synthesis of adenosine tri-phosphate (ATP). ATP is a molecule that is a major carrier of energy from one reaction site to another in all living cells. Increases in ATP as a result of laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take in nutrients faster and get rid of waste products Exposition gegenüber Lasers. In straightforward terms, the cells of tendons, ligaments and muscles are repaired faster as a result of exposure to laser light. How much faster? A good rule of thumb is that the time for healing is reduced by 2/3's of the time that it normally take with all other factors remaining the same. ie - rest, nutrition and training.

No True Scottsman would doubt the veracity of our quackery!!

Last edited:
No True Scottsman would doubt the veracity of our quackery!!

yah right.

We are not plants, indeed.

As opposite, there are some proofs that intense light at certain wavelenght (mostly, UV) can damage cell dna struct.

Benm

Everyone knows that photosynthesis is the healing process of choice, for literally green people.

Reminds me of a question someone posed: why don't animals photsynthesize. We proceeded to do some calculations, and it turned out a mouse would need a 'leaf' of over 1 square meter to power its base metabolism. We didnt calculated for any activity since its clearly not going anywhere pegged to that leaf :D

^I've met a few people that dismiss evolution because (among other reasons) "wales and dolphins should breathe water since they're IN water." Have you ever calculated how much water a warm blooded creature would have to breathe?

I always hear them say "If evolution is real then why are there still monkies, they should all be human."
I've tried explaining it to them but they are just too ignorant. surprisingly they are always religious as well.

yeah, no joke. I think we did that in biology once. For a human to be able to breath enough water for successful gas-exchange at the rate our lungs provide breathing air, we'd need to have gills with something like 6-9 times the surface area provided by our lungs.

I wonder if the laser shower can help with that too?

I always hear them say "If evolution is real then why are there still monkies, they should all be human."
I've tried explaining it to them but they are just too ignorant. surprisingly they are always religious as well.

It has been my experience that the more a person clings to religion to explain the world and tell them what to do with their life, the more likely they are to be incapable of independent reasoning and critical thinking. Now, this does not always hold true, i have met a few deeply religious people who where capable of thinking laterally and holding a serious debate without resorting to name-calling.
on average, however, there is definitely a negative correlation between a persons need for someone else to tell them how to live and their ability to think rationally.

Last edited:

dont make this such a kind of discussion please.
go to the offtopic area since i must hold myself to reply to this kinds of posts...

ontopic:
light is always healthy, look around the world.
Im currently having sleep problems because all the days are so short and its always cloudy weather.
I hope the industry finds many more uses for lasers :)

i think there could be some truth in this laser shower story.
however i also know that to much light on one place could cause cancer? ive heard that on more places then just this topic.