Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser show software & frame creation, WIP

well like pay 1$ for a time limited demo.
only allows the laser to turn on for x min then has to sit off for y min.
this way you know its only being used to test and not for shows.

maybe its my lack of sleep.
But would giving them a demo to test their output be bad?
again time limit it so it only allows the laser to be on for 5 min every 30min.
they test they see how cool it is play with some features then buy the real thing.
once they know 100% that it works and it is what they want

The problem is that the people who want to demo with laser output are usually the people who just put their scanners or new soundcard DAC together. And a good portion of the time they still have problems with their hardware or don't know how to configure the sound card DAC. So, what would happen is a bunch of people with half baked hardware would try to get it going with Spaghetti and have lots of problems. So then people would send me emails asking me why their messed up hardware doesn't work with Spaghetti or they would go on public forums saying "Spaghetti doesn't work" when really it is because they don't have working hardware. I get enough of that from the noobs who buy Spaghetti. I don't need it from the people who don't buy it.

So, maybe a demo with laser output would be nice but ultimately it would just be a pain in my rear. My advice to those people who demand laser output from the demo is to go buy Pangolin or LSX or Moncha or whatever. I don't want your business. Life is too short.

Wow Gary, Harsh...

Also I found HE-ls to be a clumsy bloated VB looking interface and was not intuitive at all.. I probably could have got it working if I spent a day with my nose in the manual but Spaghetti pretty much did what you would expect it to... Also Gary was very nice in helping out one of the "noobs" :)

Just put a big ol' sign up that says, PRO SOFTWARE NOT FOR NOOBS right on your website because obviously your on another level and too good for the hobby.

ARG

Wow Gary, Harsh...

Also I found HE-ls to be a clumsy bloated VB looking interface and was not intuitive at all.. I probably could have got it working if I spent a day with my nose in the manual but Spaghetti pretty much did what you would expect it to... Also Gary was very nice in helping out one of the "noobs" :)

Yeah, Spaghetti is amazing, easy to set up easy to use, for the life of me I still can't figure out LFI.

LFI is super easy.
it is so simple its annoying.
As for the users who dont what they are doing with there scanners that will always be a problem.
EXP all my lines look weird and images are very distorted. Solution: turn off envirorment sound effects.
But i think giving spaghetti a setup for the audio lase dac would be nice.
maybe a seperate mini program.
step one. plug in you scanner. (show basic image)
step two. use volt meter on outputs and adjust offset pot to read 0V
step three. hit red button, test outputs and adjust gain till they read 5v
step four. test frame. (basic ilda test frame)
step five. Link to buy the real version of Spaghetti

This would allow you to have them get it setup and at least a basic tune, not to mention put your software on top in the hobby for ease of use.

I understand when you say you hate dealing with noobs.
but they have to start somewhere and find some software to start with.
Maybe they will play with free stuff and not need the expensive software.
Would it not be better to give them a little bit to test with and have a higher chance of making money off the software you worked so hard to make?

LFI is super easy.
As for the users who dont what they are doing with there scanners that will always be a problem.
EXP all my lines look weird and images are very distorted. Solution: turn off envirorment sound effects.

This would allow you to have them get it setup and at least a basic tune, not to mention put your software on top in the hobby for ease of use.

Would it not be better to give them a little bit to test with and have a higher chance of making money off the software you worked so hard to make?

LFI is but if you want to automate anything with it, good luck... And even using it is a pain in the ass and it doesn't work properly for a lot of people.

I think Gary hates dealing with the Sound card DACs because they are so temperamental and different on each system and OS and service pack and so on... They can take even an expert weeks to get working right. I think he would be much happier if he only supported PRO DACs but most hobbyists can't afford them. (Except maybe the RYIA light / iShow or whatever)

LFI is super easy.

Sounds like a great idea but the goal is to sell software, he is banking on the noobs shelling out money just so they can see if their newly built projectors will work, this is ALL about PROFIT.

That would be a nice utility and is something that the people selling the sound card DACs should be providing.

Just like you don't offer hardware the sound card DAC vendors are hardware guys not software guys... This is a software thing being discussed... Most people selling the SC DACs aren't making more than 10 or 15 bucks on them with most of the cost going to parts...