Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Seller Stupidity

So i was just looking at ebay, and found these super cheap red lasers. not only is the name of this listing an oxymoron "10PCS Powerful Bright 5mw 650nm Red Laser Pointer Pen Beam Light For Gift Party" but theres something else a little funny about them... i guess you could say there something backwards about it... 10pcs Powerful Bright 5mW 650nm Red Laser Pointer Pen Beam Light for Gift Party | eBay

thats right, the warning labels are put on backwards... imagine how dangerous this is for really stupid people!!! they're looking at the label, and they make sure to point the arrow on their label away from their face, them BLAM! probably nothing happens cause these are cheap crappy lasers and then they're all disappointed cause it wont work.

anyways, i invite you all to post all the stupid things you've seen said and done by sellers and in the listings for cheap lasers.

and outrageous power claims only count if they're ridiculous.

they didnt even spell laser right on this one XD 10pcs 5mW Lazer High Power 532nm Powerful Green Laser Pointer Pen Beam Light USA | eBay

Haha, nice find.

That is quite dangerous indeed, although most people would realize the laser end isn't the same as the battery end(hopefully) :D

-Alex

You see this all the time from Chinese sellers. I see this one doesn't ship from China, but you can be sure that's where they came from. The seller probably just copied the description of what they bought. They probably just buy stuff wholesale from China and resell it and know nothing about lasers.

Alan

Looks like a few manufacturer mistakes. The host was labeled correctly but some dufus had the lasers installed on the wrong end. Notice where the pocket clip is? That's supposed to be the battery area. :crackup:

GSS

Just clipping it to their front pocket the laser head is pointing right to the persons face! and the button is right there. This is bad!

Looks like a few manufacturer mistakes. The host was labeled correctly but some dufus had the lasers installed on the wrong end. Notice where the pocket clip is? That's supposed to be the battery area. :crackup:

Didn't even think about that, These lasers are an abomination XD

Pman

I have a lot of experience with pen laser purchases and looking at that style I'm pretty sure they are the same ones as a couple I own that are actually under 5mW. In general I've found that if they don't look like the standard pens and cost a few bucks or less you actually get low output lasers regardless of color.

Just clipping it to their front pocket the laser head is pointing right to the persons face! and the button is right there. This is bad!

Surely those can't possibly be FDA approved.:crackup:

Alan

GSS

I have a lot of experience with pen laser purchases and looking at that style I'm pretty sure they are the same ones as a couple I own that are actually under 5mW. In general I've found that if they don't look like the standard pens and cost a few bucks or less you actually get low output lasers regardless of color.
This should makes us feel a little better anyway