Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser rifle sighter Tool..

HI All,

I'm planning to build a rifle laser sighting tool like the picture attached but with more accurate fixture to the rifle barrel, the rest will be similar to the picture.
I'm newbie in laser knowledge, I would like to know if the two laser module in the links would be good choice for that or what would be other options? The goal is to obtain a concentrated laser beam vs the more power in a not too big module. What would be the approximate distance possible to see the beam of these module in day light, 25 yards, 50, more?

Thank You and excuse my english, I'm french Canadian.

https://infiniter.com/vlm-532-43-industrial-use-green-laser-wavelength-532-nm/
https://infiniter.com/vlm-650-18-lpa-ultra-far-range-laser-wavelength-650-nm/

Attachments

• Site Lite SL500.png
    Site Lite SL500.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 35

Gazen

Based on the specs listed, you wouldn’t be able to see the beam in daylight at all. At night, the 532nm <5mW beam would probably be visible, but the 650nm might be difficult to see.

If you meant how far the dot would be visible, I’m not sure, but the 532nm would be much brighter than the 650nm if they are both 5mW.

Last edited:
Welcome, the 532nm would be a good choice, i wonder how the 405nm will do its got a sharp dot and its visible when pointed on material :thinking:

Last edited:

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I don't know if I'd want to have a green laser sight, especially at night. On the one hand you've got very bright beam so...high intimidation factor. On the other hand you've got a bright green arrow pointing right at you saying "shoot here".

A 405 might be an interesting choice. Useless in daylight but at night that nice single mode beam would still be nearly invisible while the dot would still be visible, especially if the target would cooperate by fluorescing a bit.

HI All,

I'm planning to build a rifle laser sighting tool like the picture attached but with more accurate fixture to the rifle barrel, the rest will be similar to the picture.
I'm newbie in laser knowledge, I would like to know if the two laser module in the links would be good choice for that or what would be other options? The goal is to obtain a concentrated laser beam vs the more power in a not too big module. What would be the approximate distance possible to see the beam of these module in day light, 25 yards, 50, more?

Your English is fine...
There are much less expensive Green Lasers available..
Still not clear if you want to site the barrel for accuracy
or you want to sight a target for shooting...:thinking:

It would be appreciated if you would introduce
yourself to the members in the Welcome section
so that members can learn a little about you.

It would also be helpful to members if you included
your Global location in your Profile...

Jerry

Last edited:
HI All,

https://infiniter.com/vlm-532-43-industrial-use-green-laser-wavelength-532-nm/
https://infiniter.com/vlm-650-18-lpa-ultra-far-range-laser-wavelength-650-nm/
Rest assured the beams of each will be invisible.

Because these output <5mW purchase two laser pointers to do some research.

Last edited:
Welcome, the 532nm would be a good choice, i wonder how the 405nm will do its got a sharp dot and its visible when pointed on material :thinking:

I don't know if I'd want to have a green laser sight, especially at night. On the one hand you've got very bright beam so...high intimidation factor. On the other hand you've got a bright green arrow pointing right at you saying "shoot here".

A 405 might be an interesting choice. Useless in daylight but at night that nice single mode beam would still be nearly invisible while the dot would still be visible, especially if the target would cooperate by fluorescing a bit.

There are QBeam sells one.

If your planning to construct your'e own mounting fixture and don't want to spend a lot on the laser module, you might try one of these.
https://www.amazon.com/Higoo®-Calib...=1513964158&sr=8-1&keywords=520nm+laser+sight

I bought one of these a while back just for the 520nm module for another project. It has a super tight beam and I can see the dot at 50+ yards in the daylight.
It runs on a single CR2 battery. The head unscrews from the battery module and that unscrews from the stem. The head and module are at most 3 inches long.
As far as a rifle sighting tool, it's pretty cheasy, plastic inserts and such. That's not why I got it though. $25 for a ready to go 520nm was all I wanted it for.

If your planning to construct your'e own mounting fixture and don't want to spend a lot on the laser module, you might try one of these.
https://www.amazon.com/Higoo®-Calib...=1513964158&sr=8-1&keywords=520nm+laser+sight

I bought one of these a while back just for the 520nm module for another project. It has a super tight beam and I can see the dot at 50+ yards in the daylight.
It runs on a single CR2 battery. The head unscrews from the battery module and that unscrews from the stem. The head and module are at most 3 inches long.
As far as a rifle sighting tool, it's pretty cheasy, plastic inserts and such. That's not why I got it though. $25 for a ready to go 520nm was all I wanted it for.

Thank You, it seem a good choice for the price.

I did not express myself well, what I'm looking for is to see a point on the paper target as far as possible in the light of day, 50 meters and more would be great, the diameter of the spot could be 30mm or smaller. The size of the module could be about 35 mm in diameter or smaller, voltage and amperage is not a problem. The price can be $ 200 to $ 300 for an effective module. What would be the best color and power in mw to achieve this goal? What about a module like in the link? Thank you.
http://www.armlaser.com/green-laser-module-200mw-p-178.html

Last edited:
I did not express myself well, what I'm looking for is to see a point on the paper target as far as possible in the light of day, 50 meters and more would be great, the diameter of the spot could be 30mm or smaller. The size of the module could be about 35 mm in diameter or smaller, voltage and amperage is not a problem. The price can be $ 200 to $ 300 for an effective module. What would be the best color and power in mw to achieve this goal? What about a module like in the link? Thank you.
High Power 200mw burning Green Laser Modules laser DIY tools for sale

Green is the only practical choice. Perhaps a violet laser gun sight might be practical. Beam Q sells a violet laser gun sight. It maybe a practical option too.

http://www.beamq.com/blue-laser-gun-sight-p-493.html?zenid=st5n18dfrmbdn566kpmuhs6ng4

https://youtu.be/qaAu34Zmudo<br>

Last edited:
Thank You, it seem a good choice for the price.

1) Double and posting on the Forum is
frowned upon by the community...

It is easy to Combine and Edit your Posts
by using the [EDIT] button at the bottom
right of each of your Posts.

2) you still haven't made an effort to introduce
yourself to the Forum members or indicate
your global location...

3) Try doing a little research like I just did
on Google....
https://www.banggood.com/Green-Laser-Beam-Dot-Sight-Scope-Hang-Type-Compact-Tactical-Picatinny-20mm-Rail-Mount-p-1223414.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

Jerry

Last edited:
1) Double and posting on the Forum is
frowned upon by the community...

It is easy to Combine and Edit your Posts
by using the [EDIT] button at the bottom
right of each of your Posts.

2) you still haven't made an effort to introduce
yourself to the Forum members or indicate
your global location...

3) Try doing a little research like I just did
on Google....
https://www.banggood.com/Green-Laser-Beam-Dot-Sight-Scope-Hang-Type-Compact-Tactical-Picatinny-20mm-Rail-Mount-p-1223414.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

Jerry

Ta yeule la memere!!

Gazen

Ta yeule la memere!!

Green is the most visible wavelength. A violet wavelength like 405nm will be visible at night, but will not be ideal in the daytime, as the dot may be hard to see. I have a 200mW 405nm laser, and I personally have difficulty seeing the dot past a few meters in broad daylight. At night, it could be a good choice as the beam is only visible when viewing from directly behind or in front of the laser.(Down the axis)

As other members have said, please introduce yourself in the welcome section, if you do members will usually be more helpful.

Hi,
Where are you from and say a little about yourself to get to know you better, And save yourself the aggravation and go buy one . There are many to choose from at great prices. If you walked through my front door with out introducing yourself i would throw you out fast. Its nice to know our members and not fly by nights.

Rich:)

Hi,
Where are you from and say a little about yourself to get to know you better, And save yourself the aggravation and go buy one . There are many to choose from at great prices. If you walked through my front door with out introducing yourself i would throw you out fast. Its nice to know our members and not fly by nights.

Rich:)

If that's what you want to know, no I'm not homo***ual and no I'm not available too:na: