Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser repair options help needed SHINP

So a club friend gave me their old SHINP DL-33 dual green laser. Since one of the green's went out, they gave it to me for free.

I'm new to this new obsession so I'm trying to figure out options. The left green diode isn't as bright. When I jiggle the power plug to the circuit board, it gets a little bright, but not much more. Voltmeter says power is going there so it must be a bad green diode.

What replacements should I be looking for? The rest of the unit works fine and the other green laser is bright as heck. Any links to what I should replace this diode would be greatly appreciated. I looked at the links above, Amazon and Ebay and there are just too many options with TTL driver module, I can't tell which to get. I'm assuming I can just pull it out of the heatsink that its screwed into and replace the center portion. Or get a whole new module in another color and align and screw it down.

That's the first unit.

I made the impulse buy of another SHINP DL-55c knock-off with FOUR color lasers for $125. Of course, those idiots didn't double box the laser and it came with the green laser mount broken. Once again, I have a non-working laser!! They refuse to take back the return (claiming shipping back to China is too expensive and the NEW Jersey address is just a warehouse) but are offering me $50 off and to try to repair it. Its in Ebay dispute right now, but then I found this forum and must consider other options.

The laser and heatsink was mounted sideways on a plastic mount. The plastic mount broke, so I'll have to replace the mount. While fiddling with it, the wires came off the rear of the laser so now I have to re-solder. What options do I have now? They used a 60mw Green.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RGBP-460mW...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Any help, or referral to a DC Metro area repairperson would be greatly appreciated. After reading this forum, it doesn't look difficult to replace the diode and re-align, I just don't have the knowledge to know which diode to get.

Thanks!

Dizzy

diachi

Those are probably using a DPSS green laser, which means they use an infrared pump diode, not a green diode. It may not be the diode that's at fault, in which case replacing the entire module would be the best option.

Radim

Those are probably using a DPSS green laser, which means they use an infrared pump diode, not a green diode. It may not be the diode that's at fault, in which case replacing the entire module would be the best option.

This. ^^^

In DPSS there are some crystals and further stuff which could be damaged or misaligned. The best way would be change the module IMO. They should be cheap. Just be sure you have correctly rated driver and power supply.

Reactions: GSS
If you could provide photos of the green modules, we could likely steer you to an inexpensive replacement. Some are as little as $4.00 each.

Encap

So a club friend gave me their old SHINP DL-33 dual green laser. Since one of the green's went out, they gave it to me for free.

I'm new to this new obsession so I'm trying to figure out options. The left green diode isn't as bright. When I jiggle the power plug to the circuit board, it gets a little bright, but not much more. Voltmeter says power is going there so it must be a bad green diode.

What replacements should I be looking for? The rest of the unit works fine and the other green laser is bright as heck. Any links to what I should replace this diode would be greatly appreciated. I looked at the links above, Amazon and Ebay and there are just too many options with TTL driver module, I can't tell which to get. I'm assuming I can just pull it out of the heatsink that its screwed into and replace the center portion. Or get a whole new module in another color and align and screw it down.

That's the first unit.

I made the impulse buy of another SHINP DL-55c knock-off with FOUR color lasers for $125. Of course, those idiots didn't double box the laser and it came with the green laser mount broken. Once again, I have a non-working laser!! They refuse to take back the return (claiming shipping back to China is too expensive and the NEW Jersey address is just a warehouse) but are offering me $50 off and to try to repair it. Its in Ebay dispute right now, but then I found this forum and must consider other options.

The laser and heatsink was mounted sideways on a plastic mount. The plastic mount broke, so I'll have to replace the mount. While fiddling with it, the wires came off the rear of the laser so now I have to re-solder. What options do I have now? They used a 60mw Green.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RGBP-460mW...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Any help, or referral to a DC Metro area repairperson would be greatly appreciated. After reading this forum, it doesn't look difficult to replace the diode and re-align, I just don't have the knowledge to know which diode to get.

Thanks!

Dizzy

You should press ebay for a refund---that you have to keep a damaged, defective, or broken product is absurd.
Somebody else's broken/defective garbage is not what you bargained for/bought.
You should be able to ship it back to the warehouse it came from or get a fresh replacement undamaged unit.
It is their problem to ship it back to China or toss it in a garbage

Last edited:
You should press ebay for a refund---that you have to keep a damaged, defective, or broken product is absurd.
Somebody else's broken/defective garbage is not what you bargained for/bought.
You should be able to ship it back to the warehouse it came from or get a fresh replacement undamaged unit.
It is their problem to ship it back to China or toss it in a garbage

Ebay ruled in my favor and refunded my $125. The hilarious part? The seller emailed me and said it was too expensive to ship back, but could I give them $50 back? WTF??!! LOL. No way. Not if I'm about to spend my time and money trying to replace the diode.

Here's the diode from the SHINP DL-33 unit. I'll take another picture of the 4 beam unit when I get a chance.

ea4832679

ea483265d

hmm...I doesn't seem to let me link my photos from my photo website.
Thanks!!

Last edited:
again--no green diode--its DPSS-- you have gotten some good advice-- if you can source the correct replacement the rest is simple--about the 'pulled wires' once pulled out of the DPSS module getting it apart-fixed and back in place can be tricky.

anyway-in return for all the help==PLEASE finish your personal profile--more info means more and better advice.

saying in a post that you are DC area is NOT as good.. needs to be in your profile... if you do that I will hook you up with pro projector help.

best wishes and good luck--hak

again--no green diode--its DPSS-- you have gotten some good advice-- if you can source the correct replacement the rest is simple--about the 'pulled wires' once pulled out of the DPSS module getting it apart-fixed and back in place can be tricky.

anyway-in return for all the help==PLEASE finish your personal profile--more info means more and better advice.

saying in a post that you are DC area is NOT as good.. needs to be in your profile... if you do that I will hook you up with pro projector help.

best wishes and good luck--hak

Encap

Ebay ruled in my favor and refunded my $125. The hilarious part? The seller emailed me and said it was too expensive to ship back, but could I give them $50 back? WTF??!! LOL. No way. Not if I'm about to spend my time and money trying to replace the diode.

Good call by ebay--good result!
So much for Chinese money-grubbing whore resellers who want you to pay for broken, damaged, and defective products. :crackup: