Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Pointer Store - Thor H2 - Review

Diachi, I was wondering if you had the vertical axis on your scope calibrated when you took the p-p reading on low power. I got 3.64 volts p-p, while on high power I got pretty much the same as you did. 4.83 volts p-p.

The price? Also did Wicked Lasers set the style for the design of these hosts or did they copy/improve from another laser?

diachi

Diachi, I was wondering if you had the vertical axis on your scope calibrated when you took the p-p reading on low power. I got 3.64 volts p-p, while on high power I got pretty much the same as you did. 4.83 volts p-p.

I did, I can run the test again but I'm confident I'd get the same results as before.

The price? Also did Wicked Lasers set the style for the design of these hosts or did they copy/improve from another laser?

Last I heard these were not out yet for sale to the public. I have one and did a review as well.

Yeah, I did ask about pricing but they couldn't give me anything solid yet. As you said, they're not for sale quite yet.

Hello, sorry for the thread Necromancy but I was curious and have a question as I'm thinking on getting one of these.

You mentioned the coating wasn't that great? Could you elaborate slightly? Did the coating scratch or wear easily? And how does the build and coat quality compare to a new gen Spyder 3?

Thanks

diachi

Hello, sorry for the thread Necromancy but I was curious and have a question as I'm thinking on getting one of these.

You mentioned the coating wasn't that great? Could you elaborate slightly? Did the coating scratch or wear easily? And how does the build and coat quality compare to a new gen Spyder 3?

Thanks

Yes, the anodizing wasn't very tough, had a couple imperfections on arrival, although nothing major. Not an issue if you take care of it, but it would scratch/wear fairly easily.

As for the Spyder 3, if the quality is what it was when I had one back in 2009 then yes, the Spyder is higher quality. That said, it's also much more expensive.

Hi,
I have no idea about the finish on the newer model, but i built some with the older hosts.First i bore out the tube to take 2-18350's instead of the 2-16340's and i bore out the aluminum sink and press in a nice chuck of copper with a copper focus adapter.

Rich:)

Attachments

• IMG_2992.JPG
    IMG_2992.JPG
    250.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2989.JPG
    IMG_2989.JPG
    227.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited: