Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Pointer Store Help.

Hello, I'm just going to cut right to the chase, no fancy introduction. I need some help.

I recently purchased the THOR Ultra laser pointer from laserpointerstore it arrived within 2 weeks and the package was not damaged when it arrived.

It arrived on Thursday April 4th. And I've had it since then. Today is Saturday as of my post.

Yesterday, I was using it like normal, went and burned a few things per the usual (Tip: safety glasses are a must, I have the eagle pair glasses from survival laser, you need to protect yourself from high power lasers) anyways, the laser was starting to become dim, and I've owned lasers before, so I knew it meant the batteries need to be recharged.

I took it inside and hooked it up to the charger, as I was about to walk away I moved something that was preventing it from rolling, it rolled onto the power button (mind you the safety lock was locked) and shot out a huge amount of light. I immediately unplugged it, turned it on and attempted to see if it still worked. To my dismay it did not. The LED light indicator smoked whenever i pressed the power button and the diode produced no light.

As soon as it happened I immediately contacted LPS, so far I have heard no response. It has been 24 hours and I am beginning to worry. When I bought the laser, it said it came with a 6 month warranty. I still have all the original packaging, and need advice on what to do. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

This is the weekend and, in China, they are a day ahead of us here. I would give it until Sunday night and then try contacting them again. You might also want to PM tommy as he is the member here that represents them.

Last edited:
I totally forgot. You'd think after going to China 2 different times I would have remembered. Yeah, you are probably right, I'll contact them again if I don't get a reply by Tuesday. Thanks!

Encap

Welcome and enjoy the forum.

Suggest you return the defective LPS unit for a refund.
Get the real deal not a low cost reseller, like LPS, copied product.

Get a highest quality PL-E Pro directly from JetLasers, the manufacturer, see: https://www.jetlasers.org/pl-e-pro/14-0-5w-445nm-blue-laser-pl-e-pro-series.html

JetLasers makes a mini version also: https://www.jetlasers.org/pl-e-mini/68-pl-e-mini-445nm-450nm-blue-laser.html#/1-finish-black/35-power_levels-16w/50-battery-no/53-switch_type-pl_e_mechanical/52-10x_beam_expander-no/49-goggles-no

Last edited:
@encap
great advice..
OP can PM me to here whats in inventory with me in Texas (have beam expanders as well for all JLs)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, good advice from Encap, you can get the "real deal" from Jetlasers and not be concerned with dealing with a low quality copy.
They are the best in the business, and their customer service (if needed), can't be beat!

Definitely check with Hakzaw first, as he has many J/L products right here in the states. :yh:

Hopefully you can work this out with LPS when you get ahold of them; let us know how you make out with them.

Update:

Got a reply from LPS today, they emailed me and told me to return only the laser, and they will fix it for me, I am unsure if fixing entails sending another unit identical to the one I had, or actually taking it apart and replacing the diode and LED and all the other burnt components,

As for Jetlasers, the only downside is I'm on kinda a tight budget right now, between the safety glasses, the Laser itself from LPS and the li-ion batteries (the Ultra required an entirely new type than the ones I'm used to)

Hopefully this will work out. After all of that my budget left this month for laser parts and components is around 50$ xD. It would be nice to get the real deal though.

Another thing is I'm considering saving up a by for an LPM. And those things are NOT cheap.

Also, I may contact Hakzaw, but as stated, money is the issue, I'd love to add another laser to my collection!

Any other recommendations? Feel free to tell me!

Last edited:
I suspect they would just replace the whole laser as repairing so many damaged parts would be prohibitive. I have only one laser from them and it has always worked fine. I have never had to rely on their warranty to repair or replace an item, so I really don't know. Is there a place in the USA you can send it to? Shipping to China is expensive and takes forever. I would ask that they send a replacement once you have given them a tracking number on the returned defective item.

I suspect they would just replace the whole laser as repairing so many damaged parts would be prohibitive. I have only one laser from them and it has always worked fine. I have never had to rely on their warranty to repair or replace an item, so I really don't know. Is there a place in the USA you can send it to? Shipping to China is expensive and takes forever. I would ask that they send a replacement once you have given them a tracking number on the returned defective item.

I don't believe I can send it anywhere in the US, believe me, I know how tedious shipping to china is. When I ship it tomorrow I'll send them the tracking number and ask them to just send a new one and keep the old defective one.

Did you happen to pay with PayPal? If so, you could go for a refund instead of dealing with shipping it back at your expense. In the end, it would cost you less to do it this way. Then you could buy another laser from another trusted source here.

Unfortunately I did not. Looking back on it, that would be a safer alternative. At this point, I'd be content with a replacement laser, since I can't send back the glasses I purchases specificly for this laser.

I’ve dealt with Tommy at LPS.com and he’s a great guy and he’ll make it right, definitely let us know as the process goes along. And I also am always tight on budget but if you save up and decide to get a PLE, it’ll be worth it. I have a jetleaser Equality and I feel like I trust it with my life, they make such good quality lasers.
Anyways, just don’t worry too much about LPS, they’re a trustworthy company, they’ve never done me wrong :)

Last edited:
I don't believe I can send it anywhere in the US, believe me, I know how tedious shipping to china is. When I ship it tomorrow I'll send them the tracking number and ask them to just send a new one and keep the old defective one.

Hi ThetaSigma:

I believe their Refund section states that they have discretion to repair or replace all items within 90 days of shipping date, and that you’re responsible for all shipping costs. You may want to ask for replacement, as the laser failed so soon after you revived it. Lots of luck, and Take Care. :)

-cd

Reactions: GSS
I’ve dealt with Tommy at LPS.com and he’s a great guy and he’ll make it right, definitely let us know as the process goes along. And I also am always tight on budget but if you save up and decide to get a PLE, it’ll be worth it. I have a jetleaser Equality and I feel like I trust it with my life, they make such good quality lasers.
Anyways, just don’t worry too much about LPS, they’re a trustworthy company, they’ve never done me wrong :)

Well contrary to popular belief... they have done
me wrong selling me an underspec, badly built and
defective Laser Power Meter....

Jerry

Reactions: GSS
Update:

Thank you all for your help! I got my new laser today, however as my luck goes it wasn't perfect. Now I'm pretty sure it's a battery issue and not a contact issue, but after I turn on the laser, it will be bright for 1/2 a second, then go dim and start flickering. These batteries haven't been recharged yet, as I don't have the charger, I just ordered a fresh set of batteries and a charger from amazon. Any ideas what this is. Has anyone experienced this sort of issue before. If so how did you fix it?

Edit: these were the same batteries used in my other laser, they were in it when it started smoking. They seem alright though, no visible damage expect for a slight mark at the positive and negative end of each battery

Last edited: