Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser pointer keychains with constant on/off switch

Hi everyone,

I have searched high and low for laser pointer keychains that have a different kind of switch than the regular momentary on/off switches. Does anyone sell or know somewhere who sells laser pointers that have a toggle switch or some other type of constant on/off switch?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

zaery

You mean a switch:
wireless-light-switch.jpg

as opposed to a push button:
Laser-keychain-flashlight-215905667.jpg
right?

Is so, Nope, i don't know. Although, you could make one in a lab-style laser if you so pleased.

All that aside, make sure it has good enough heat sinking, because if it doesn't and you accidentally leave it on overnight.........

I wouldn't worry about leaving it on dude, Those button cells will be dead fast.

Unless you know of some miracle button cell that runs forever.

zaery

I seemed to have missed the word 'keychain' there, oh well.

Well I have a violet keychain laser that uses a single rechargeable 10180 battery. This will last much longer than the button cells. It would not be hard for me to remove the module desolder the switch and resolder on a new switch that allows for constant on/off. I would just need to find a switch that macthes size limitations.

This kit from jayrob has a stock constant on/off switch and is powered by a 10280 battery. I believe you can leave the stock circuit alone and still use this host. I have a couple of these and there awesome.

Well I have a violet keychain laser that uses a single rechargeable 10180 battery. This will last much longer than the button cells. It would not be hard for me to remove the module desolder the switch and resolder on a new switch that allows for constant on/off. I would just need to find a switch that macthes size limitations.

Cool, I would like to try that. Do you remember where you bought it?

P.S. Thanks for the replies all.

I bought it from boblasers, I have 2 for sale in the B/S/T section, Keep in mind however this modification is not easy for those who have limited soldering experience.

I would love to squeeze a constant on/off switch or circuit alongside (on top) of a FlexDrive.

This kit from jayrob has a stock constant on/off switch and is powered by a 10280 battery. I believe you can leave the stock circuit alone and still use this host. I have a couple of these and there awesome.

In Jayrob's thread detailing his build process he mentions that he was unable to keep the constant on/off circuit.

QUOTE below is from (268mW 6X Key Chain Blu-ray! (With FlexDrive!) - Awesome) post #1
The only other thing that I did, was to bypass the little button circuit on the stock board to make it a momentary button switch...

It had some kind of little circuit that allowed it to be a constant on / off switch, but this did not work with the FlexDrive, so I just bypassed the circuit...

Jayrob's Keychain 10280 battery build is fabulous btw. His kit is certainly worth it if you want a tiny build. :san:

Last edited:
I just noticed that this thread is in the B/S/T section??

Wouldn't it been more appropriate elsewhere??