Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser pointer issues

Hi everyone
I have got a burning laser pointer a month ago and it was working as it should be, but after 2 weeks when i turned it on it was powerful but immediately its power is gradually decreasing until it became below 5mw, when i took them out to be recharged the charger indicated that they are fully charged
So is the issue related to the batteries,the laser itself or the charger?
I had this issue with many lasers that use 2 AAA batteries but this one has lithium batteries

Encap

Try different fully charged batteries and figure out if it is a battery problem.
Could be the batteries could be something else.

What make and wavelength laser is it --- if it is a 532nm green leaving on for and extended period of time will over heat it and cause it to dim..

If you try it cold what does it do?

Please make a Welcome post in the Welcome sub-forum and indicate you location on earth in your profile.

Well Thank you for your quick response
Before I turn on my 450nm blue laser it feels really cold and when I turn it on for the first 30 seconds it is so bright but then it loses its power even when it’s still cold

I hope you are wearing appropriate laser safety glasses when you are burning with any laser.

So it's a 405nm, try new batteries, check the tail cap switch if it has one.

Then you could replace the driver and/or the diode, or follow these 3 simple steps.

Step #1 Remove batteries.

Step #2 Drop defective laser into trash can.

Step #3 Order a new laser.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Red, he said it was a 450nm, but your directions sound right on. :yh:

@ mohammedalkhodary503, you didn't happen to get your laser at Laserpointerpro did you?

Yea, he said it is bright for 30 seconds then dim, so cheap batteries are less likely than the driver, but worth a try to get some quality batteries.

It could be the batteries you are using. But, it could also be a number of other issues too. It is difficult to troubleshoot a problem with so little information to work with. I hope you didn't buy it from Laserpointerpro as they are notorious for delivering cheap under spec lasers at very high prices.

I bought a 638 nm from a member here last year which dims after about 30 seconds because he used a driver without enough heat sinking, the driver is protected from over heat and reduces the current so much it quits after awhile. I have not seen this happen with DPSS laser pointers, but I suppose it could, if the driver has over temperature protection built into it.

@RedCowBow Well I appreciate your recommendations
But i think that finding a laser that 1- has a price range between 150-200$ 2-Guaranteed to be shipped to Saudi Arabia 3- legit power and lasts a good time is not easy

Encap

There are some export restrictions, be aware of international laws and your local laws, we do not advocate breaking any laws.

Last edited:
Oh and I forgot to mention: My laser uses 2 16340 1300mah 3.7 batteries. The blue ones without brand

I can assure you, regardless of brand, that there are no 16340 batteries that have 1.3 Ah capacities. Even half that is pushing it. Don't believe the capacity you read on any xxxfire or no name batteries. They are often completely outrageous. :p

I have yet to find a Chinese pointer driver that has temperature control as part of its circuitry. Many don't even regulate current well.

Last edited:
I can’t say I have seen a temperature protected laser driver in a cheap DPSS pointer either, so very unlikely and if it were, something else must be wrong, too little operating time for that to happen with one of those, but just to see, can you easily get access to the driver and take a photo to post?

Since this takes two 16340 batteries, it is not going to be a 532nm laser. Those all take just one Li-ion battery. The Vf of the 808nm pump diode is very low, so they never use 8.4 volts input.