Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser pointer colored "lens"

Pyramid

I know this is not the brightest question.
I was thinking the other day, are there colored lens that you could use to temporarily change the output color? Some materials change my pointer color when I shine it directly at it. There should be specific lens you can put on the end of your laser to alter the color. Seems like a cheaper way of obtaining various wavelengths lol.​

Snecho

I imagine doing this depending on what kind of lense would create a very crappy color dot and also block like 90% of the power. But IDK.

Because lasers, especially the ones seen here, are mostly one wavelength you cannot change the color of your laser by filtering the light through a colored lens or plate. You will only get less output at that wavelength or none at all.

Snecho

Yeah, I literally was about to report back I shined a 445nm blue laser through clear orange plastic, and it was still blue on the other side. Pretty cool stuff what Paul said physics wise and that would explain it.

yeah
that would be neat if it worked but it wont so..
there is a group buy sale on Jetlasers GB #11 prices went up just now.
thread is Feeler Group buy on Jetlasers see post #2 for prices and other posts for pics- specs and prices before the sale too. Beam Expanders for JLs are also on sale and USA Buyers save about $30 on shipping-- Once I have 10 or so buyers the sale ends --not sure when that will be.
Between income tax refund and the $1200 from Trump I think there will be lots of buyers.
more members own JLs than any other brands and they retain most of their value--easy to sell if needed,