Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Pen Shop Pointer

Im kinda with TJ on this one. its a big scam if they are trying to gain rep for all their lasers and good customer service if they only ship out the cheap ~50mW lasers and expect us to think the riskier looking purchases are legit. I would think its not a scam/ploy for unexpecting customers if they supplied a few with their strong lasers. Of course then they couldn't give it away for free.. They look like a new laserpointerpro.com to me so far.

If they do ship out cheap crappy lasers, reviews will show, and then it's a worse thing done to their reputation then if they'd have purchased a banner.

And if I were to pick a laser to review from them, I'd go for more valued lasers than $4 crappy pens. The only thing you can write a review about them is "Yeah it works."

On the other hand, if their lasers do happen to be of some respectable quality, and they purchase a banner or two, which over 50% of people do not even see because of ad-blockers (myself included), they won't make it big in the business would be a shame (under assumption the lasers are actually OK).

When was the last time you visited a website and bought something off them through a banner you saw at related website, therefore justifying the inexorable prices of advertising?

Me, never. Not once. Everything I've ever bought online was when I found out about it through hard information, googled it, and got it off eBay or specialized websites like O-like or DX or whatever. Not once through any advertisement or banner.

In the end, to really have people to notice, you can't just buy a few banner spaces, you really just have to shout out "A couple of free lasers for you, fellas" here and there.

If they do ship out cheap crappy lasers, reviews will show

Regardless if they are bad or good, advertisement is advertisement. We bash WL all the time. Jerry even posts my thread to every new comer to the forum, yet they get customers from here all the time. Banners work. There are n00bs everyday clicking on them.

Also how many of the 100 people are going to actually test the lasers? How many have LPMs? How many are just going to throw some simple review up? In any event they dont care anyway. All they care about is getting their name plastered 100 times on the forum. Its basic marketing, and it works. If you let it that is.

Being a laser enthusiast my words, and time are worth more than a cheap pen laser. I give pens like these away.

If the n00bs are buying crappy laser pointers off crappy websites advertised on our forum,

Then we are all doing a very bad job of spreading information and knowledge about this hobby.

That's all I'm saying.

If the n00bs are buying crappy laser pointers off crappy websites advertised on our forum,

Then we are all doing a very bad job of spreading information and knowledge about this hobby.

That's all I'm saying.

We try our best, but you cant cure stupid, LOL. We get people here everyday that have made purchases without doing their homework first. There are are more of them than us. Thats why marketing is successful. They know out of 100 members the majority are going to be n00bs who are so happy to get a free laser they will post all positive reviews. While we will only have a handful of experts saying they suck, LOL.

I think if this works out it's best to make 1 thread with all the reviews! That way the forum does not get spammed by laserpenshop reviews..

Anyway received mail!

They are going to send me this one :

LPS61 2011 50mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer with Battery

Hey said it will actually be over 100mW.. Anyway i requested for a more expensive one as i am not going to do a 50$ review on a 20$ laser.. He responded with this:

Acturally this one should be over 100mW...

Let's start with this one...and if after your review or reviews(Post in different forums), we will decide to make further step.

So i am going to take i because yeah it's a free greenie and see what happens :)

greetings,,

Last edited:
Out of curiosity also sent them an email.

Asked for something more powerful/interesting to review. Frankly I don't see the point in doing a detailed review on a laser that's of a common origin to the other 99% of the stuff out there.

I've seen that particular laser, the 50mW for as little as ~$20, and actually gave a couple of 50mW versions as presents to people. There is nothing unique about the host, or the module.

Still, for a freebie I'm probably just list the order date, delivery date, picture, and LPM/IR content readings. I enjoy lpming my lasers randomly :tinfoil:

Using a borrowed camera & my own 1GB memory card, I took a series of pictures & they came out like CRAPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!! So, I'm searching for a better grade camera to RE-TAKE the photos again, & I'll post them as soon as this is accomplished. SORRY for the delay people............... rob

Still never received a laser or heard something from the supplier wonder if this is real or just a hoax..

Yeah not that we lost something, but still will be mad if i dont get my promised greenie lol :p

Greetings,,

Well, they sent me a rather cryptic "we'll send you something message" and that was it.

That was a while ago.

If something shows up I'll do a review on it. If not, oh well:p