Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser on planes?

Im flying down to GA for the weekend soon to see my buddy at school and i want to bring a couple of lasers to show him because like most of my friends hes amazed at these things :D But i was planning on bringing my 1.6 W 445nm and a smaller 100 mW 532nm. Im not checking a bag so i just have a carry on backpack. I plan on taking the batteries out and leaving them in a separate part of the bag. I dont think there will be an issue with TSA but idk they are nuts. does anybody know if i can bring these lasers onto an aircraft?

The search button is such a wonderful invention. More people should use it.

im on my phone and when i search the results page wont load

but anselm thank you for the links i just skimmed through them quick and i know what to do

I recently flew to Costa Rica with two lasers in my carry-on packpack. Lasers were in one backpack pocket and batteries were in the other pocket. US TSA didn't so much as give them a second glance when they went through the X-ray machine. Costa Rican security, doing a 100% hand search of all carry-on luggage, pulled the 200mW greenie out and asked "What is this?" My reply "It's just a laser pointer" was satisfactory, and away I went. No problem.

I recently flew to Costa Rica with two lasers in my carry-on packpack. Lasers were in one backpack pocket and batteries were in the other pocket. US TSA didn't so much as give them a second glance when they went through the X-ray machine. Costa Rican security, doing a 100% hand search of all carry-on luggage, pulled the 200mW greenie out and asked "What is this?" My reply "It's just a laser pointer" was satisfactory, and away I went. No problem.

Thats because you're white, LMFAO. I'd like to see what happens when a Muslim walks through with that in his carry on. :whistle: