Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Meet Toronto area

JLSE

I wasnt sure if I could make it, but my wife insisted :) I make em and she plays with them. Shes just not very fond of anything over 100mW unless its outdoors. Most of my attention has been on the greens, so im hard at work to bring my best units. Im trying for 300mW with my last 1watt diode, but 30% efficiency is probably not gonna happen :mad:  Im also bringing a couple of handheld DIY's and my 6x BR, which hopefully will be mounted in a rominsen 30 body. I just have to put dr lavas driver together which is a challenge in its own  ;D

This is sounding better with every post. I'll be there for sure, barring heinous cottage country traffic. ("outta my way fool, or feel the sting of my mighty dilda-lazor!" ;D)

Cheers, [smiley=beer.gif] CC

JLSE

Curiously_Coherent said:
This is sounding better with every post.  I'll be there for sure, barring heinous cottage country traffic. ("outta my way fool, or feel the sting of my mighty dilda-lazor!"  ;D)

Cheers,  [smiley=beer.gif] CC

Lucky for me its a 20-25min drive :cool:

Oh, almost forgot, my camera is flattered you called it an slr! Its actually a panasonic with a lyca lens. I DIY'd some optics for it, and can now get some nice macro with it ;)

Damm its really far..

Total Estimated Time: 6.0 hours 5 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 342.61 miles

rangedunits said:
Damm its really far..

Total Estimated Time: 6.0 hours 5 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 342.61 miles

I vote you go I would if I wasn't in Bumf**k Italy

I really thought we had a few more laser enthusiasts around southern Ontario. I see Chido now lives in the, um... "Twin cities" ( ;)hehehe). And I guess Montreal is a bit far to drive from, even for laser pwn. :D We'll take some vids for ya, guys...

chido

Curiously_Coherent said:
I see Chido now lives in the, um... "Twin cities" ( ;)hehehe).

Yeah, St. Paul to be exact, far away from Ontario. :(

Justin

Myself and Dimitry are trying to make arrangements to show up with some lasers, cameras and other neat things. I'll contact Rolf (Curiously_coherent) directly to confirm later this weekend, but hopefully we can make it to the meet and then head down to the lakeshore to cause a bit of a scene during the Victoria Day fireworks here in Toronto.

If you see any stories in the paper about a plague of high powered lasers during the fireworks, that's probably just us. ;)

chido said:
[quote author=Curiously_Coherent link=1210680989/15#21 date=1210859116]I see Chido now lives in the, um... "Twin cities" ( ;)hehehe).

Yeah, St. Paul to be exact, far away from Ontario. :(
[/quote]

Dang, I could have sworn I read you lived in Ottawa back in the "Lasers in snow" thread... My bad. Still would have been a long drive. My "Twin cities" comment was because I thought you meant Ottawa-Hull... :D Which really would have been funny. ;D

Justin said:
Myself and Dimitry are trying to make arrangements to show up with some lasers, cameras and other neat things. I'll contact Rolf (Curiously_coherent) directly to confirm later this weekend, but hopefully we can make it to the meet and then head down to the lakeshore to cause a bit of a scene during the Victoria Day fireworks here in Toronto.

If you see any stories in the paper about a plague of high powered lasers during the fireworks, that's probably just us. ;)

Awesome! See y'all there! CC

JLSE

Happy to report, one of my DIY labby's hit 300mW on 3 aaa batts, IR filtered measured with my lasercheck! Now I am definately exited!

Is there a no wife policy in effect for this meet? She's kinda hinting that she wants to come with. ;)

dunno how far i am from there....but i'd have to take a long flight from argentina :(

second what ace-d00dCOOLAWESOMEYAY said, i want some pics of the event!!

wish you all teh funz :D:D

Lorgar

Here are a bunch of pics from the small meeting we had only CC and myself could make

S-KY 300mW at 350'
2507862118_016f88b045.jpg

RPL Blue at 350'
2507863168_ef334e19b6_b.jpg

DX 70mw red labby at 350'
2507864218_5503cf7925_b.jpg

Rest of the pics are here most are from my scrap built spyrograph (tired and too many to post)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14636167@N08/sets/72157605149963828/