Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser labeling/identification

Pman

Hi to all fellow laser addicts... (I own 5 pair of DL glasses and I've learned that I better post that first from others getting wacked and rightly so).
I've been reading the forums for a couple months and finally got around to subscribing. I've seen hundreds of pics of members lasers and own plenty myself but don't remember seeing anyones units specifically labeled in some way on the laser itself their actual power output (as in LPM, not manufacture claims).
Would I be correct in "assuming" that most are buying the warning stickers and writing the numbers in themselves? If so, who would be a good canidate to purchase from that is a member here. I would like to support our members as much as possible.
Is anyone doing it a different way than the stickers? I have an engraver but I don't think I like that idea. Along with that, do any of you mark your lasers somewhere hidden so you can "prove" it's yours?

Forgive this last question (and ignore it if I'm too off the path on this thread) but I'm guessing there's a simple answer. The battery that O-Like sends out with their crown units is a deep blueish color and has this written on it Li-18650 JYD B012I. I did a google search and couldn't seem to come up with anything on it. I own plenty of other cells including a couple of the new Panasonic NCR18650B. I'm an info. junky and just wanted to know the at least the capacity of that other cell. Yeah, I realize it's likely junk....still....

I use a USB Brothers label maker I just bought the 1/4 tape however I wished I would have gotten the white letters on black tape. The other hard thing is getting it straight on the unit. :whistle:

What I have learned to do that takes alot of time is take a pic of the unit and make a file in MY DOCS. then I test the laser and open a notebook page to write any notes particular about that build then I assign a number to it and then I run my LPM and store the results in the file with the pics and notes.

I have then followed the example of member jayrob by printing a label of the #assigned then the drivers used and mA finally the diode and mW/W of the unit.

rijola

Hi Pman --

I came across your post re the "battery that O-Like sends out with their crown units is a deep blueish color and has this written on it Li-18650 JYD B012I" when I Googled the number on the battery I just got in MY green laser: Li-18650 JYD BO13G. Did you ever find out the specs on that battery?

I ordered this 532nm 200mW from EK Group Intl. and was wondering if I buy the XTAR WP2 II charger if it will work OK on that "mystery" battery the laser came with. I don't trust the cheapo charger that also came with the laser. I plan on ordering some of the Panasonic NCR18650B Protected 3400mAh (Green) cells that came up in this CandlePower thread. Also have ordered some decent goggles since this is usually too bright to look at where it's being aimed at -- in particular at the end of a match I was trying to light. Wish I could measure how much IR it's giving off.

I see you've made "a few" posts since you first signed on last year. :) Loved your detail and humor in the discussion on focusing the overspec'd $5 pens. I see you also served the country in the same uniform and mission as my son. He just finished prototype last week and will be joining the other ET's doing 'silent service' out of Pearl Harbor next month. He's already turned into the DIY tinkerer I always knew he was capable of being if he just broke loose from those dang computer games. He and girlfriend were blown away with the power of this low-end laser I showed off last night.