Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser just died

J

jamie.91

yup you guessed it i am now the owner an LED
it was quite heartbreaking, i had just been out and purchased some balloons to pop then came home blew one up and it popped almost instantly, in the exitement i blew up one of each colour picked my laser up and began to focus at which point it died and i am now left with an led and 5 different coulor inflated balloons
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

R.I.P DIY Red

daguin

jamie.91 said:
yup you guessed it i am now the owner an LED
it was quite heartbreaking, i had just been out and purchased some balloons to pop then came home blew one up and it popped almost instantly, in the exitement i blew up one of each colour picked my laser up and began to focus at which point it died and i am now left with an led and 5 different coulor inflated balloons
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
R.I.P DIY Red

Sorry to hear that . . . .

Two words . . . . . .

"duty cycle"

Time to build a new one :)

Peace,
dave

At least it was a DIY, not a store bought laser.

When a store bought laser blows, your wallet breaks. Though... when a DIY laser blows, your heart breaks :(

daguin

Murudai said:
At least it was a DIY, not a store bought laser.

When a store bought laser blows, your wallet breaks. Though... when a DIY laser blows, your heart breaks :(

Hey! to cheer yourself up, you should have a party --

I mean, you have got the balloons already, right?

All you need now is some music and some dancing girls

Peace,
dave

[highlight]**EDIT** [/highlight]and a pinata

J

jamie.91

SORRY BOYS NO PARTY TODAY i have just finished my DIY Blu-Ray to discover that may be dead aswell :'( :'(

2 lasers in one day is that even possible??

it did not even work for a second it was dead all along

and daguin i was very strict with the amount i used my ;aser but when it died it had been on for less than 30 seconds lmao "shocker"

i am soo sad 2 lasers in one day both diy's and both my first one red and one blue !!!

maybe im not cut out for lasers but i do have a 10mW orange in the post maybe that will cheer me up

or a spending spree i might just go to DX and get a DX 200mW for $43 lmao

EDIT daguin i think you may be right i may build a new one lol i am just so suprised at 2 being dead within 2 minuits "literally" lol

daguin

jamie.91 said:
SORRY BOYS NO PARTY TODAY i have just finished my DIY Blu-Ray to discover that may be dead aswell :'( :'(
2 lasers in one day is that even possible??

My personal record is three dead 405nm diodes in the same day :'(

Peace,
dave

J

jamie.91

oh god i dont think i could cope with 3 in one day good job i only have HAD 2 lasers lmao

they were my pride and joy

AND I HAVE STILL NEVER SEEN A BLU-RAY LASER EVEN THOUGH I OWN A DEAD ONE :mad: LMAO

i think i will watch digg nation and see if that cheers me up lol

daguin

jamie.91 said:
AND I HAVE STILL NEVER SEEN A BLU-RAY LASER EVEN THOUGH I OWN A DEAD ONE :mad: LMAO

You will, young padawan . . . you will.

Peace,
dave

When you say the blu ray is dead do you mean not even an LED?

Humour me, set your meter on diode test, connect the leads to the 2 correct pins of the LD if meter reads zero swap the wires around, do you get a reading.... 1.45 ish???
If so you may find that there is still hope...if zero both ways it is dead.

Have you measured voltages to see that you have it wired correctly?

Regards rog8811

J

jamie.91

When you say the blu ray is dead do you mean not even an LED?

Humour me, set your meter on diode test, connect the leads to the 2 correct pins of the LD if meter reads zero swap the wires around, do you get a reading.... 1.45 ish???
If so you may find that there is still hope...if zero both ways it is dead.

Have you measured voltages to see that you have it wired correctly?

Regards rog8811

firstly thanks for the help i will try that and two dont ask lmao i baught a new DMM and i have tryed to work it belive me but can i get mA, no, can i do anything with it, no, its become a huge pain in the ass and i gave up with it lmao

i even made a topic asking people if they knew how to work the stupid thing

BTW its a UNI-T UT30 series lol

thanks

Test your LD by setting the meter up as shown, just put the leads onto the pins of the LD and follow previous instructions.......

For ma you need to put a 1ohm resistor between the drive circuit and the LD...scrub that put the resistor between the + of the battery and the drive circuit, set the meter to "200 mv" (that is 1 click to the right of "off"), connect one lead to each end of the resistor, with the power on the reading on the meter is ma.

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• meter_set_for_diode_test_001.jpg
    meter_set_for_diode_test_001.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 80