Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Guided Cars

I came across this article just now... couldn't help but think how far AI will go as we all get older. soon we will have a world full of robot drones, then it could be like the second renaissance. (if you know what that is)
Anyways Its a short article but i thought it was worth posting.

"A system which will lock cars together using sensors and wireless technology, allowing up to ten at a time to cruise in ‘car train’ convoys, could be unveiled within two years."
article-1194481-056C0C3E000005DC-443_468x328_popup.jpg

*Link
Lasers-guided cars could allow us to eat and sleep at the wheel while travelling in 70mph convoys | Mail Online

at least the lead driver is a" professional driver " lol sounds cool though

A very good book I have told me this, and it is a really good way to think of lasers...

A laser is a specialized light source that should only be used when it's unique properties are required

This is not one of those applications...

Bad idea. What happens if something where to happen to the "Professional Driver"?

Bad idea. What happens if something where to happen to the "Professional Driver"?

What would happen if something happened to the Pilot of the plane you're
taking a flight on...
:thinking:

That "car train" idea is doable for the simple reason that electronics has a much
faster reaction time than humans...
The only weak link (that I could see) is the first car controlling System reaction
time (driver)..

Jerry

Last edited:
Well the other thing that I see that is dumb to me is that you have to pay per mile for joining in on the train of cars and you also have to pay for your own gas. = not worth it to me.

Plus, it would suck having to try to pass one of those car trains up on the road.

k1kb0t

I enjoy driving too much to let my car do it for me.

Jon

Last edited:
All my friends already eat, drink and the girls do their make-up at 120km/h.

Jaseth

There are way better ways of establishing a connection between cars.. THB I don't even see anything laser related in this "invention" except the title.

Believe it or not i have seen people read while driving on the freeway